Home

? About Awareness Ratings

This is a discussion on ? About Awareness Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
? About Awareness Ratings

I have a few question I think about the awareness level for each player. I have noticed that less inexperienced players in their positions have higher awareness levels than those that have been in the league for years, and I know in NCAA after using Skill's/Purple/Playmakers roster editing facts that it creates a world of difference when awareness is changed. So shouldn't the awareness rating be based on the number of years you are in the league, seeing as the longer your in there the more you know but it is the other skills of a player that keep him from being great not the awareness. So for example Mark Brunnell has been in the the league 18 years so the awareness chart could look something like this.

EX / AWR
18 / 99
17 / 97
16 / 95
15 / 94
14 / 93
13 / 91
12 / 89
11 / 88
10 / 87
9 / 86
8 / 85
7 / 84
6 / 83
5 / 82
4 / 81
3 / 80
2 / 79
R / 75

I used 75 as the cut off because I learned in NCAA anything under 75 and the player is as dumb as a brick. Great players will have a higher AWR but this was just a quick baseline of what I was thinking. And I know though that each position will be different because not all positions stay that long in the league.
Would something like this work or am I off my rocker.

Last edited by mWolfe; 10-05-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: ? About Awareness Ratings

Kwame Harris 7 years with the 49ers and dumb as a bag of rocks. I don't think your theory works.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 10-06-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Theory is flawed.

Some players come right out of college with great knowledge of the game.

Andrew Luck will be more aware than a lot of backup quarterbacks that have been in the league for multiple years.

Likewise, Aaron rodgers, more aware than 95% of other qbs, and he's only been in the league for a few years

Another example would be Revis...young, only in the league a few years...more aware than any other cornerback.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

AWR is more than just intelligence and "football smarts." AWR is also an indication of how quick they react. Darrelle Revis was a good example that someone brought up. He probably doesn't have the same experience and amount of smarts that a guy like Ronde Barber has... however, he probably reacts to the ball faster than any CB in the league.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Something I have discussed a lot in the NCAA Game is the awareness rating....it is the MOST important rating in the game. Even if a player i dumber than a rock they are playing football at there level for a reason. ALL players should have an awareness rating of no lower than 65. Otherwise they are basically just a (small and not useful for even blocking) rock on the field.

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »