Home

Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 9 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 9 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 9 Details

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/week-9-roster-update

Quote:
There are well over 300+ transactions, player equipment updates, and player rating adjustments that went into this update for the online rosters.

The biggest movers from Week 8 on the positive side are DL Marcell Dareus (BUF) with a 2 point boost this week (now 87 overall), OL Stephen Peterman (DET) going +3 to 80 overall, DB David Caldwell (IND) going up +4 to a 70 overall, LB Derrick Johnson (KC) goes up +2 to 89 overall, CB Keenan Lewis (PIT) going up 3 points to 70, HB Javon Ringer (TEN) going up +3 to a 75 and finally, HB Adrian Peterson (MIN) going up +1 to a 99 overall (Welcome to Club 99 AP!).

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are LB Keith Brooking (from 80 to 76 overall), QB Tim Tebow goes down 5 points to a 71 overall, HB Chris Johnson (from 89 to 86 overall; No longer 99 SPD) and DL Kevin Williams (from 97 to 95 overall).
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 9 Details

They shouldn't knock down Chris Johnson's speed. That isn't the question, its his lack of Elusiveness right now that has made him struggle so much.

Also dont understand Tebow dropping 5 points after 1 horrible game.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I am still on why isn't Reggie Wells a ACT player on a NFL team not in this update its going on 3 weeks now. I am just over this , If i play I will just play with what ever roster. Is not like it matters dout theres going to be a 100 % accurate roster.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Just a couple points I saw from the Eagles...

-It's good to see Jason Peters go up 1 OVR, but every Eagles fan knows he is not only our best lineman but one of the best LT in football. His rating should reflect that. He is currently, before this weeks update, the 13th best LT in the game, that puts him middle of the pack. He should be a 93 which would make him 4th best.

-Herremans probably could drop a couple points. He hasn't done bad but he has had some growing pains going from LG to RT and Ware's 4 sacks showed that (Peters didn't allow Ware through at all).

-Jason Kelce should go up slightly. I would say like a 73. He has not played much like a rookie.

-If I were to rate our line, I would say Peters 93 (+5), Mathis 88 (even), Kelce 73 (+3), Watkins 74 (-1), Herremans 88 (-2). Also all of them should have slight increases to run blocking and impact blocking.

-I think it's time to rate Avant into the 80's. He is on pace for nearly 1000 yards this season and has been clutch on 3rd downs for us.

-I never agreed with Celeks incredible drop in OVR in 2 years. Yes he should have dropped but not the 11 points that he did. He was used last year and much of this year as a blocker. Instead of increasing his blocking ratings, they just lowered his catching and awareness ratings. I would say 80 OVR would be a fair rating for him now but please increase his blocking ratings.

-Also, has Chas Henry been so bad this season that he deserves a 50 OVR rating? I don't expect him to be great, but a 50? 60 may be pushing it, but how about a 57?

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Old 11-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
They shouldn't knock down Chris Johnson's speed. That isn't the question, its his lack of Elusiveness right now that has made him struggle so much.

Also dont understand Tebow dropping 5 points after 1 horrible game.
Agreed on Chris Johnson. I have never liked how physical attributes are tied to performance -- kinda like how Brady goes from 92 THP to 99 after a 50 TD season. And CJ barely gets to the second level anymore to get run down by anyone to determine if he's lost a step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Good ole DM back at it, eh? Unreal. So now, a guy has a bad week or 2, and suddenly he can't throw as hard, tackle as well, or run as fast? LOL. Unbelievable.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

What I want to know is why they stopped putting people on IR that have been on IR for a few weeks now
Old 11-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

How does Dashon Goldson not get any type of increase?..he is already vastly underated in the game..he just had a key INT for us in our last game. Its like Donnie's R1 button is sticky and he accidently skips past our safeties section.

Where as Terrell Brown , imo our worse cb, gets upgraded 2 overall pts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »