Home

Aaron Rodgers deserves a 100 overall rating!

This is a discussion on Aaron Rodgers deserves a 100 overall rating! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #25
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Aaron Rodgers deserves a 100 overall rating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
HAHAHAHA now thats just stupid saying he deserves a 100, and no one has ever played at that level, so apparently someone only watches GB games. Brady in 07 and last season and the HOF QBs played better than rodgers this year. If Manning didn't get hurt it would still be Brady vs Manning who's better, he was put in by default and most people would still choose Brady over everyone else including rodgers. He's played NO ONE but the Bears 1 time, he has wide open receivers so lets not make him a great QB bc he's a product of his receivers, bc ive seen his games, he gets tds on screens or his WRs making a play he gets credit for. Everyone loves him since last year when he played OK at best, which is why Clay Mathews got more attention at the SB then rodgers bc hes there best player. During the post season Mathews/Woodson/Williams carried the team not rodgers. This year rodgers has played no real great D, his WRs make him look good bc he has the best WR core in the NFL. Dont get me wrong hes a top 3 QB but no where near Manning let alone Brady sorry.
Yea, his pin-point accuracy, mobility, ability to throw it perfectly while on the run, off his back foot, and across his body to a receiver 50 yards down-field, and his ability to read the defense and almost never make mistakes, ALL OF THAT is only because he has good receivers...

But Brady in 07, man he was stuck with some garbage talent around him! Randy Moss? Wes Welker? Donte Stallworth (when he was actually good)? The best line in all of football? The greatest coach of all-time? How did that guy manage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #26
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
No, he just has a very high QBR. His yards aren't that much better if at all, nor are his touchdown. He is completing a high percentage of his passes and is playing great, but lets let the season play out. There are 5 games to go and presumably two playoff games.

Rodgers could play like this the rest of the season and his defense could falter in the playoffs and they lose and then no one will care. Just like no one cares that the Patriots went 16-0, because they ultimately went 18-1.

I would still take '94 Steve Young over '11 Rogers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
The '94 49ers are >>>>>> the '11 Packers, but the fact that the Packers are doing SO well proves how good Rodgers is.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
"We", kemosabe? Who is this "we"?

Rodgers is having a phenomenal year, but some Pack fans are starting to get carried away.
I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, some Bear fans wouldn't get carried away, right?
Just saying.

And havokeff, tough to compare QB's to different era's. Rule changes throughout the years prevent this from happening too much.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
No, he just has a very high QBR. His yards aren't that much better if at all, nor are his touchdown. He is completing a high percentage of his passes and is playing great, but lets let the season play out. There are 5 games to go and presumably two playoff games.

Rodgers could play like this the rest of the season and his defense could falter in the playoffs and they lose and then no one will care. Just like no one cares that the Patriots went 16-0, because they ultimately went 18-1.

I would still take '94 Steve Young over '11 Rogers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
And you would lose, and badly my friend. Young's 94 looks like crap compared to the ice cream Rodgers is serving in 11. BTW, Rodger's team is undefeated and Young's team lost twice, with getting blown out by Philly and Montana's KC squad taking the 49ers to the woodshed.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #29
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Which is why Philly and Joe Montana led KC won the Superbowl that year?
Oh... that's right.

And really... "He lost to JOE MONTANA! He would lose to Rogers!!!" LOLOLOL

Man, Packer fans went from having no perspective with Farve to having no perspective with Rodgers in a heart beat. LOL
Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Which is why Philly and Joe Montana led KC won the Superbowl that year?
Oh... that's right.

And really... "He lost to JOE MONTANA! He would lose to Rogers!!!" LOLOLOL

Man, Packer fans went from having no perspective with Farve to having no perspective with Rodgers in a heart beat. LOL
And you are over generalizing it by calling out all Packer fans.

I'd say we are fortunate to have two quality QB's back to back, one a sure fire HOF and one with a bit of potential in becoming a HOFer.

Niner fans would know how that feels.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #31
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah we do. We know what it looks like, and we are probably seeing it again. My point... hold the f on on proclaiming Rogers a 100 on Madden or the best EVAR in real life. 5 week is a long time in a football season and everything can be on it's head by the end of it.

Ask, the Chargers, Lions, Texans or Bears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Yeah we do. We know what it looks like, and we are probably seeing it again. My point... hold the f on on proclaiming Rogers a 100 on Madden or the best EVAR in real life. 5 week is a long time in a football season and everything can be on it's head by the end of it.

Ask, the Chargers, Lions, Texans or Bears.
I understand your point, but Packer fans heard the same stuff after the first three games this season. Let's wait till the end of the season. Same thing after 6 games, let's wait till the end of the season. I get that and agree with that , but I think Packer fans are able to proclaim that up to X point in the season(now or before), Rodgers is having a pretty darn good season, if not one of the best, wouldn't you agree? Arguably, you can put Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, Young, Favre, Starr, Unitas, Graham, Marino in the same conversations.

My point, though, it's difficult too compare QB's in different era's.

No one deserves a 100 in Madden, no one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »