Home

Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Details, Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Details, Available Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Details, Available Now

The Madden NFL 12 roster update for week 12 is already available for download.

Quote:
The biggest movers from Week 11 on the positive side are DL Thomas Keiser (CAR) with a 9 point boost this week (now 66 overall), DL Geno Atkins (CIN) going +2 to 81 overall, HB Chris Ogbonnaya (CLE) going up +4 to a 71 overall, DL Brodrick Bunkley (DEN) goes up +3 to 84 overall, HB Kevin Smith (DET) going up 5 points to 79, WR Jordy Nelson (GB) going up +2 to a 86 and finally, TE Rob Gronkowski (NE) going up +3 to a 92 overall.

Some of the biggest movers on the negative side are QB John Skelton (from 72 to 70 overall), OL Geoff Hangartner (CAR) down 2 points to 77 overall, DL Jayme Mitchell goes down 2 points to a 70 overall, CB Champ Bailey (from 98 to 96 overall) and OL Wayne Hunter (from 75 to 73 overall).

Click here to see all the changes. What are your thoughts on the changes?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Available Now

I thought it was for the online franchise only... I would love this if this include Adam Weber to Broncos finally! And Reggie Wells #78 G missing from the Carolina Panthers roster for weeks now... Jeff Otah when on IR 10/19/11...

Ok the details are up on the EA site... I guess they surprise all of us ... This is awesome made my day ... cant wait to get home!!!

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 11-23-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 16
I was dreading this weeks roster updates. With the Panthers I'm 35-10 online. Minus the strange network drops I have when playing late night. Cam is just a beast. No one throws the deep pass like him.

With the Cowboys my record is 55-40.

Something about that damn Romo. He's just a turnover machine.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 37
Gronkowski is finally a 92, Vereen might be a 75-80 by end of playoffs if he gets more touches, looks like a young LT, fast, will make you miss and will the the tough yards and he made some SICK cuts on that drive like LT use to. No Anderson or Carter increase, really? But good update TODAY Jets S-U-C-K S-U-C-K S-U-C-K, Patriots go up, Jets go down, Von Miller goes up, Carson Palmer now a 85, Smith DET goes about back where he use to be OVR. Kerrigan and Fletcher WAS go up, some TEN players went up. Good update b4 the holiday so they can take the next day or two off.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
I can understand updates dealig with player movement, but in all honesty, such small rating changes due absolutely nothing to the overall game.

I've been tinkering with their ratings system to find those windows were a ratings adjustment of an attribute would show when we play.

Right now, the only thing I'm seeing is when an attribute is set at 99 vs not being there, that's it.
The difference between a non-Spd/Acc, QB Thr Pwr/Acc attribute at 25, 40, 55, 70 etc... shows no real difference.

Also, there seems to be a bunch of classifications (Pass Rusher, Run Stopper, Pass Blocker, Run Blocker etc...) that are just that, because they fluctuate due to DPP and it's evident that there is no real difference between a 70 OVR and 73 OVR.

So if a Pass Rusher has an attribute near the min/max threshold that changes his classification, DPP changes him to another classification.

But that means nothing because he will still play the same.

So what's the point of these classifications if they change and the AI plays him the same way?

The only one that shows a difference is QB's scrambling, that's it.
All the others simply piggyback off this one working classification, but produce no real gameplay difference.

Lowered QB short/med throw Acc to below 50 with long throw Acc at 99 in an attempt to see if QB would attempt more long balls since that was what he was attributed at being best at and guess what happened?

Nadda, nothing, no difference.

So much "Perception" driven injections with the foundation there to really give players's an identity during gameplay, only to run into constant game developement limitations, is frustrating.

In a nutshell, I really wish a +/- bump in a player's OVR/Positional Attribute actually meant something, then these updates would really make sense and thus giving "MORE" gamers a reason to look forward to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10
What i would love to know is how the hell is Sam Bradford still in the 80's...

His QB rating is 70 or so, he has 5 TD's on the season to go with 5 picks. His completion percentage is like 54! The Rams have 2 wins on the season, and in one of them Bradford didnt play.

How does that performance transfer into an 82?
Old 11-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Details, Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
What i would love to know is how the hell is Sam Bradford still in the 80's...

His QB rating is 70 or so, he has 5 TD's on the season to go with 5 picks. His completion percentage is like 54! The Rams have 2 wins on the season, and in one of them Bradford didnt play.

How does that performance transfer into an 82?

sorta like this one donny gave to one our back up DE's lol

Emmanuel Stephens
DL
CLE
Increase, from 58 to 65OVR<---- another head scratcher? 2 tackles 2 assit equals a 7 point bump? in last 2 games he had 1 tackle 3 assit's against rams and 2 tackles 2 assit against jags and some how that equals a 7 point boost? yet our MLB DQwell Jackson has had around 15-20 tackles last 2 games and got a 1 point boost? now try figure that one out and jackson's in top 4 for tackles this yr.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 12 Details, Available Now

They updated Cam's face to a generic model that looks much better, thank you for taking my suggestion KANE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »