Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 7
Just a question for the OP. I did these edits for the 360. I only have 2 teams done. The one I play with and then my first opponent in franchise. What sliders, coaching schemes, aggression, priority, and such are you now using? Thanks

I played my first game with the suggested edits of the OP on the 360. i must say i was pleasantly surprised to see how much smoother it played. I also used the sliders that he listed on this page. Although i lost 26-6 on 15 minute quarters mind you, i enjoyed the game. I saw receivers drop a couple of passes, I saw my running back make a stretching shoe tackle on a defensive lineman as he was going in to score. I had 3 ints but all were my fault and right to the opposition. These edits could rarely save the game for me. I also recommend using wide camera angle with gameflow. Thanks to the OP for sharing.

Last edited by mooch49; 12-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #58
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 12 ratings spread roster

thank you for your feedback, im glad u are happy with the results( at least it seems that way)

def keep me updated on more games you play

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 AM   #59
RPM
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
just a quick update: i am now working on this in a franchise format.

basically i started a 32 team controlled franchise and have just been editing the remaining teams within franchise. this also allows me to remove all udfa's and edit free agents.

once i am finished editing all players i will edit coaching schemes so teams that have a franchise qb do not draft andrew luck and etc.

once i am finished i will upload the franchise file ready to start game 1 of the season, that way it will include the real 2012 draft class included.
I'm looking forward to this...spent so many hours prepping my own 32 teamer, got 10 games in, started over after learning more about coaching settings...ugh. At game 1 and still not quite happy each time I play it.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #60
Pro

okay, played my 2nd franchise game. it took me forever to complete it. Lost 38-35 to the boys. i was basically tweaking the sliders on the fly. since the roster is pretty much a 75% edit, you have to scratch every slider set and develop your own. in any event, i am really liking what i am seeing. I never realized how bad default ratings were. but it makes a huge difference in gameplay to edit them yourself, which at least EA allowed us to do. a couple of edits that i did along with the OP's suggestions was to make sure agility=awareness and that speed=acceleration for every player. but you have to be logical about the changes you make to agility and awareness. i am editing from the week 12 roster by the way. thanks again to the OP for bringing these edits to our attention.

here are the sliders that i am using. i tweaked them from the ones on this page.

Player / CPU

QB Acc 39/61
Pass Blk 15/5
WR 44/47

BRK tackles 7/14
Run Blk 10/28
Fumbles 29/33

Pass Rct time 37/14
Int 41/41
Pass Rush 6/25

Rush Rct time 15/31
Blk shedding 5/20
Tkl 12/12

Last edited by mooch49; 12-13-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #61
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

when making agility= awareness, are u still seeing more spread out ratings?

the one issue i see could be that a players overall rating is based highly on a players awareness.

that being said u could have a stud olineman, but if his agility is only 55, he will suck when u lower his awareness to that.

an if u have a wr with a 40 awareness but 90 agility, you will see that wr ovr shoot way up

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
when making agility= awareness, are u still seeing more spread out ratings?

the one issue i see could be that a players overall rating is based highly on a players awareness.

that being said u could have a stud olineman, but if his agility is only 55, he will suck when u lower his awareness to that.

an if u have a wr with a 40 awareness but 90 agility, you will see that wr ovr shoot way up
good points. i will definitely have to take a closer look at this when i edit the next team. those 2 attributes are very sensitive, which is why i tried not to make them too low because then the overall rating just plummets.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #63
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

yea def keep me informed on ur testing...

the 1 thing i really wanted to do was leave as many of the physical attributes left unchanged...

and come up with a formula that really brings the same adjustments across the board

basically with my formula....almost every players ovr is lowered by 9 points. with the really bad players lowering 12+ and the really really good players only lowering 8 points

Old 12-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

These rosters are amazing. I have yet to see a super linebacker and I am also seeing new animations. Thanks for these rosters you did a good job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »