Home

Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden 12 (PS3)

This is a discussion on Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden 12 (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

moose616's Arena

OVR: 3
Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden 12 (PS3)

I began my roster project with the goal of creating an All-Time Roster set. After running into problems (not being able to create players with the same number), I shifted gears to creating rosters of a single season.

I chose the 1993 season for a couple reasons: One, my Bills made the Super Bowl, and two, it was a great era in NFL history. Some of the game's greatest players were in their prime. We had Elway, Marino, Young, Aikman, and Sanders, among many, many others.

This is an incredibly time-consuming process:
- I start by compiling all the data on Google Docs. On this document you can see, one of my goals in creating this roster set is to make it as realistic as possible.
- The second (and most tedious) part of my process is entering the data into the game, or actually creating the players.
- I also Google each player to get an idea of what they looked like in their uniform. That way I can edit their equipment accordingly.

I will be posting updated files of the roster set as I complete whole teams. Please see the following post to find the most current file.

Madden12
Rosters: Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden (PS3)

MLB 12: The Show
Diamond Dynasty: Rocky Mountain Moose Knucklez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

moose616's Arena

Update #1 - v1.0

UPDATE 3.1 - 1/31/12

The entire 1993 Playoffs is COMPLETE!!! I feel so accomplished lol.

One thing you will notice with the Lions and Broncos is that the players have faces. I reached the Create-A-Player limit so I continued by finding a current player with similar age, height, and weight as the player I was trying to recreate. It turned out pretty well. Think of the faces as ACTORS, not the real thing, and you'll be fine.

From here, I'll likely be going division by division (current alignment) to finish the teams.

Teams Completed:
- Bills
- Cowboys
- Chiefs
- 49ers
- Raiders
- Packers
- Oilers
- Giants
- Steelers
- Vikings
- Broncos
- Lions

Teams to come: AFC East

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Happy Maddening!
Attached Files
File Type: rar 1993 Rosters v3.1.rar (775.8 KB, 535 views)

Madden12

Last edited by moose616; 01-31-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Updated rosters
Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

moose616's Arena

Roster Installation Instructions

To install (adapted from Coast):

Tools for Success
1. USB Thumb Drive
2. WinRAR or jZip or basically anything that can unzip compressed folders.
3. A PS3
4. A PS3 Controller

How To Download the Link
1. Click the attachment
2. Find where it saved

How To Extract/Unzip the File
1. Find the file in your computer
2. Once located, unzip the folder using extractor program you own. You can easily do this just by right clicking the file and the option to Extract w/
3. When it unzip/extracts the files, open the folder and make sure everything went by smoothly. To tell if everything went smoooooooothe make sure that there are 5 files intact by the name of HED-Data, Param.PFD, USR-Data, ICON0 and lastly Param.SFO

How To Move the File into your PS3
1. Grab thumb drive and insert into the computers USB port.
2. For the PS3 to recognize the file in your USB you first must make sure its in the correct folder locations. So open your USB up and create a folder called PS3 and then under that folder create another one named SAVEDATA
3. Now relocate the roster files in your computer, copy the LAST FOLDER CONTAINING ALL THE GOOD STUFF (HED-Data, USR-Data, etc etc..) into the SAVEDATA folder.
4. Plug the USB into your PS3, and navigate to the Gaming XMB Menu.
5. Go to the USB option and when you do that it should should the madden roster, copy the roster into your PS3. If it asks to overwrite a file say yes, its just replacing your old legit roster with the new one.

Thanks To:
- Coast for the instructions

Moose

Madden12

Last edited by moose616; 01-31-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: New File Hosting Site
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden 12 (PS3)

Good stuff....I posted this in the other thread and wanted to make sure you saw this....

For teams not in existence during that time, I would recommend stocking their rosters with other players from that time period that were free agents....make them like expansion teams. If you have trouble finding players, don't forget that the WLAF was in existence in 1992. A number of scrubs (think guys like QB's David Archer, Stan Gelbaugh, Babe Lauffenberg) would have been on those rosters on likely not on an NFL roster by 1993. At least this way, you can have real players fill out the Panthers, Jags, Texans, and Ravens. This could help a bit with immersion for franchises.

Back for Madden 2008 on the PC, someone created a 1986 roster and did this same thing....it REALLY made things better for a franchise.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

moose616's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Good stuff....I posted this in the other thread and wanted to make sure you saw this....

For teams not in existence during that time, I would recommend stocking their rosters with other players from that time period that were free agents....make them like expansion teams. If you have trouble finding players, don't forget that the WLAF was in existence in 1992. A number of scrubs (think guys like QB's David Archer, Stan Gelbaugh, Babe Lauffenberg) would have been on those rosters on likely not on an NFL roster by 1993. At least this way, you can have real players fill out the Panthers, Jags, Texans, and Ravens. This could help a bit with immersion for franchises.

Back for Madden 2008 on the PC, someone created a 1986 roster and did this same thing....it REALLY made things better for a franchise.
Thanks for the tip Josh.

That's definitely a great idea as far as what to do with those other teams. However, I will completely honest: After creating full rosters of 28 entire teams, I can't promise I'll have the motivation to add players who weren't even bench players lol. I may just get rid of all the current players on those teams that are over a 70 rating, and replace them with scrubs who are already there. Since I am creating a bunch of players, rather than editing current ones, the free agent pool is going to be enormous. I like to think I'm a pretty knowledgeable football guy, but I've never heard of any of the players you listed, and I don't think people will mind too much if the Jags, Panthers, etc. were filled with people they hadn't heard of who didn't play back then.

I do agree though, that this will add a new wrinkle to the franchise mode. Especially since most teams have throwback uniforms, it can even look like you're playing in that time.

Thanks again for the comment. In the meantime, go test out the Bills/Cowboys for me and GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK...no one has said anything about it yet, so if it's already no good, I don't even know haha.

Moose

Madden12

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

moose616's Arena

I finished creating the Chiefs offense, when I realized something (I thought was) very important. When creating the players thus far, I have been winging the ratings. I had an overall number in mind for each player, but the individual ratings were overlooked.

So, I am going through on this spreadsheet and creating a range for each category. That way, when I get to making a player like a Barry Sanders, I can make things like his agility and elusiveness higher than things like trucking and strength.

It's a bit more work, but if it's done right, it should play nicely. I know when I tested Buffalo/Dallas, the DBs were always getting burned.

Once this is done, you can expect a rate of one team every two days. Since I am creating each player from scratch, rather than editing current ones (at least until I hit a CAP limit), it takes some time (about 3-5min, depending on how distracted I get) to create each player.

Madden12

Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

moose616's Arena

Progress update:

I have finished my ratings compilation and have corrected all of the already created players. The players are SO much more fluid than before.

In addition, the Chiefs are fully completed and the 49ers are halfway done. I aim on completing the rest of the 49ers today and should have an updated roster for download sometime tomorrow or Saturday.

Madden12

Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

wech's Arena

OVR: 0

I downloaded what you have so far and cant wait to try them. This should be awesome. I cant wait till you have it all completed. Thank you so much for your hard work!
I love this era of football!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »