Home

Edits to fix up this game

This is a discussion on Edits to fix up this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Edits to fix up this game

Ok I did another test with awareness and prc in context of matchups. I took a deep slant route and put Ras-I dowling on Jordy Nelson - Nelson got open basically every time. Then I put Arrington (85 awareness on my roster) on Nelson - The route was noticeably less successful. Then just for kicks I boosted Arrington to 99 in both ratings - He was doing everything he could to disrupt my timing. I even got him to jump the rout for a pick sometimes.

The way this will affect tiering is this - I have to keep linebackers only in the 90s and dbs start in the 80s. This means I will do the same thing for WRS- Elite ones will get high 80s awareness and the scale will start there so that it evens out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #26
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Before I came across the thread, I had already began testing the sort of ratings changes you're talking about. I can report that Super LB's are pretty much eliminated with the reduction in Jumping by 20. I plan on trying out the interior lineman edits tonight...as well as the awareness, pursuit, and prc adjustments you've mentioned. Could you be a little more clear on the "guidelines" your using when editing certain players? Like what are the specific ranges for the tiers at each position? I got the high end of the range (elite LBs in the 90's AWR, elite CB's in the 80's), but what are the lower ranges? Could you provide those for the def. pursuit and prc tiers as well? There are just so many changes, I'd like the keep it clear in my head before I go in and start changing all the ratings around. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Before I came across the thread, I had already began testing the sort of ratings changes you're talking about. I can report that Super LB's are pretty much eliminated with the reduction in Jumping by 20. I plan on trying out the interior lineman edits tonight...as well as the awareness, pursuit, and prc adjustments you've mentioned. Could you be a little more clear on the "guidelines" your using when editing certain players? Like what are the specific ranges for the tiers at each position? I got the high end of the range (elite LBs in the 90's AWR, elite CB's in the 80's), but what are the lower ranges? Could you provide those for the def. pursuit and prc tiers as well? There are just so many changes, I'd like the keep it clear in my head before I go in and start changing all the ratings around. Thanks in advance.
Sure - For pursuit only lineman who are sackmasters, people with relatively high tackle numbers, or elite run stopper can go in the 60s- slow guys can go as low as the 50s or 40s

I'd say something like this

Elite LBs 90s
Good lbs - Poslusky (sp?) in very high 80s or low 90s but they must be the highest on their team if they are the best tackler
Ok lbs - A guy like Ninkovich for the pats who got like 70 tackles or the pass rushing lbs like Ware - 70s

Corners - Elite 80s but not above the team's highest tackler -
Good 70s - Guys like Stanford Routt or Brent Grimes who are solid
Terrible cornerss - Mccourty, Winfield from this year - 60's or down- For mccourty i wouldn't hesitate to drop him in the low 50s or even the 40s - Winfield would be 60s.

Same scale for corners applies to DBs

On offense tiering works by target numbers - If a guy is locked in on one wr - Think Demaryius Thomas for Tebow - Make that guy have a higher awareness number than their other guys by about 10. If a guy spreads the ball around make them have a smaller radius by targets. For ex Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez would be close together - Maybe 85, 80, and 80 - That way White can only be held down by the top corners and Julio and Gonzalez will get theirs as well. In the same way both Gronk and Hernandez will have high numbers for the patriots - Only welker would be above them.

If you were to tier the Jags receiving core, since they are terrible I'd start in the very low 70s or even 60s for them - That way they're fairly easily dealt with by good corners.

Any questions?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #28
Rookie

moose616's Arena

OVR: 3

RAZR,

I'm really looking forward to seeing if you've fixed the DE pass rushing. With my '93 rosters, sack masters like Bruce Smith and Reggie White don't get the consistent pressure like they did in real life. I also set their ratings based off of what the game has the better pass rushers already at. So, if the default ratings for guys Freeney and Peppers aren't set well enough to get them to pressure QBs, then that would explain why mine don't work well.

I know you're working on DT response right now, but let me know when you get around to DEs.

Thanks sir.

Madden12
Rosters: Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden (PS3)

MLB 12: The Show
Diamond Dynasty: Rocky Mountain Moose Knucklez
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #29
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose616
RAZR,

I'm really looking forward to seeing if you've fixed the DE pass rushing. With my '93 rosters, sack masters like Bruce Smith and Reggie White don't get the consistent pressure like they did in real life. I also set their ratings based off of what the game has the better pass rushers already at. So, if the default ratings for guys Freeney and Peppers aren't set well enough to get them to pressure QBs, then that would explain why mine don't work well.

I know you're working on DT response right now, but let me know when you get around to DEs.

Thanks sir.
As a result of the DT fix pressure comes from the outside - Combine that with pass block at 0 and pass rush at 100 and you have 3-4 seconds to get rid of the ball under normal circumstances
Old 01-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #30
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

I like what you are talking about but not sure I understand when you are bringing players down are you bringing there awareness down like the cbs or something ealse cause you said top cbs in the 80's not sure if you meant overall or just a certain rating. I know your doing this for the ps3 but is there a way to transfer it for a 360 or would I have to start from scratch I got all the time in the world to do this If I understand it right. Also what do you do when the draft happens each year go in and edit all of them also. I use to make my own 2k5 rosters but got tired of it when you could only do so many then the game wouldnt let you anymore. If I were to go ahead and do this on the 360 is it possible to transfer the files onto the computer using a usb stick? 1 last thing have you tested these out just by simming the game to see if you get the same numbers cause if I actually play the game I can get my Safties to make plays on the ball and tackles thats why Im asking. I know its alot but Thanks.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I like what you are talking about but not sure I understand when you are bringing players down are you bringing there awareness down like the cbs or something ealse cause you said top cbs in the 80's not sure if you meant overall or just a certain rating. I know your doing this for the ps3 but is there a way to transfer it for a 360 or would I have to start from scratch I got all the time in the world to do this If I understand it right. Also what do you do when the draft happens each year go in and edit all of them also. I use to make my own 2k5 rosters but got tired of it when you could only do so many then the game wouldnt let you anymore. If I were to go ahead and do this on the 360 is it possible to transfer the files onto the computer using a usb stick? 1 last thing have you tested these out just by simming the game to see if you get the same numbers cause if I actually play the game I can get my Safties to make plays on the ball and tackles thats why Im asking. I know its alot but Thanks.
Awareness and Play recognition for dbs
You'd have to start from scratch
I play franchise for one season only so the draft doesn't really apply
Haven't tried it but i'm assuming the tiering theory should work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

File posted in first post - Try it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »