Home

DrJ32 Presents, The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all time

This is a discussion on DrJ32 Presents, The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all time within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8
DrJ32 Presents, The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all time

"IT'S ALIVE!"

DrJ32 Presents
The operation that took five months to complete...

"The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all time."

Background:

Our community based NBA all time roster ("The Motherload") was a precursur to NBA2k12, allowing you to play with hundreds of all time great players, like Jerry West, DRJ, The Big O, Russell, Wilt and Jabbar, a season before 2k finally included them in the actual game. Now this NFL file will give you players that hopefully, one day will ship with the game. But for now, think of this like APK2k8 on steroids.

Overview:

* This XBOX360 File for MADDEN 12 (***ALSO WORKS WITH MADDEN 13***) features 32 teams with 25-35 all time greats per team
* Ratings accurately reflect strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of players
* Depth charts created for every team
* Balance of power achieved accurately
* All the players you grew up with in ONE file

Notes:

1. Working within the limitations of what EA gave us to work with, I had to overwrite current players to get around the CAP limit, which I believe is around 500. Some faces are good look-alikes, some did the best I could with.

2. Credit to Tomba for creating the base file I worked from. Based on Tomba's great original XBOX360 roster, I added my own philosophies as well. The result is a Frankenstein monster. All ratings accurately reflect strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of players.

3. Due to glitches in the original file, altering the following depth charts will cause the game to crash:
Panthers - RT, DT, RE, LE (LOLB is ok, RG ok)
Ravens - CB,FS,SS,KR, PR,P,K (KOS ok, ROLB ok)
Saints TE,LS,LT,LG,C,RG,RT (KOS ok, wr ok)

I have a work-around for the glitch to ensure that none of the players affected would suffer, so no worries. Three things you need to do as soon as the season starts- to ensure that the Saints line is as good as it can be is to release TURLEY, STINCHCOMB and MAYBERRY. Then immediately sign them back. What will happen is this will reset the depth chart so Turley, Stinch and Mayberry don't start. Jahri Evans, Stan Brock and Carl Nicks will start, as they should. You should also cut KEMOEATU from the Pathers and then resign him, so Buckner will start for him. Finally, cut Houshmanzedah and all Raven corners, Eric Turner and Pollard and then sign them back in this order: Houshmanzadeh, Rolle, Carter, McAlister, Turner, Pollard, Webb, Foxworth and your #6 guy. This will reset the CB and KR rotations. )

Just don't go into those teams depth charts at those positions. Even scrolling past it will cause a crash, so back out if you are close (or scroll through teams at the QB, HB, or WR positions and you will never crash). Alter these teams rosters at your own risk. Even if you rate a player up or down on these teams it may cause your depth chart to shift.

HOWEVER, make sure you go through the depth charts of other teams carefully to check all rotations after preseason because EA has a way of mysteriously dropping starters from rotations.

4. Most free agents were not rated, so be aware if you add FA's to your squad.

5. Players #'s are sometimes inaccurate because popular current players already have those #'s. In many cases the current players allowed me to give their # to the legend. They were not compensated for this...

6. All teams were balanced with a unique "free agent" philosophy: Players chose which team they wanted to sign with, with the stipulation that they could only sign with a team they actually played for in real life. (So Steve Young elected to start with the Bucs rather than sit on the bench behind Montana, etc.)

7. Some pre-1970's players did not make the cut. Some did. I favored more recent players in lieu of older simply out of personal preference, however oldsters will still be more than pleased with the likes of Ditka, Nagurski, Tittle, Huff, Bednarik, Graham, Nitschke, Night Train, Sayers and others included.

8. Left tackles were nerfed a bit, to give Right Ends a better chance at sacks. Let me know how it feels.

9. I highly recommend that you create a Fullback heavy playbook, so that the likes of Jim Brown, Csonka and Riggins can run wild. Otherwise you will have to move them to RB.

10. Many offensive linemen were not given correct colleges because, well, they are offensive linemen, and I wanted to get this file out before 2013. Also, throwing motions of QBs are not very accurate, I could only spend so much time on this file and still make a living. I spent 500+ man hours putting this file together, with 59 versions of this file before release, purely out of love for the game, so don't complain. By the way, you guys owe me 4-5 pair of batteries for my wireless controller..

11. Please feel free to improve the file (especially throwing motions of QBs) and repost it. It's a work in progress and I welcome additions. Keep in mind that new players can only be created by overwriting current players.

BUT WAIT- THERE's MORE!

12. I have included something special--The EXCEL file with all players listed, even some that did not make the cut, along with stats and #'s, so that we never have to do research EVER again-- well until a few years from now anyway...

Hopefully, this will allow us to have a team of roster creators work on the file next season, rather than me busting my lone *** for another 4 months again!

ENJOY!

The Doctor

DOWNLOAD FILE HERE:
The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all time

and

DONATIONS HERE

ps- Since this is a new kind of roster, you may find that your old sliders won't give you the same results that you are used to. Test out different sliders with this file and find what works best for you.

Last edited by drj32; 11-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: DrJ32 Presents, The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all t

Wow it is finally completed. I will download imediately. Thank you for all your patients to make these rosters.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: DrJ32 Presents, The Motherload II: Over 1000 of the greatest NFL players of all t

checking out now
Old 01-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
MVP

its really a good file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

for some reason i cant play a season with these players. it just freezes.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsportfan
for some reason i cant play a season with these players. it just freezes.
Can you describe exactly what's happening? I have no problems myself so I have no idea what you are doing to cause the crash. Are you going into depth charts?
thanks,

The Doctor
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Overall great job with the rosters! all that had to be done were some rating raises/drops and also i found no way to turn fantasy draft on in a season. it always froze. Other than that I appreciate the countless hard work! thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »