Home

So are these connected rosters going to be updated?

This is a discussion on So are these connected rosters going to be updated? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So are these connected rosters going to be updated?

First let me say this whole idea of not being able to do a ****ing OFFLINE franchise the way I want to do it is insane. I understand this aspect for online franchises, but why Madden would strip you of the ability to do an offline franchise your own way boggles my mind.

All I want to do is start a Colts franchise with Vontae Davis on the Colts. I cannot start a franchise with him on the team. The dolphins won't trade him even if I offer two first round picks for him. So I can't trade for him myself.

How the hell am I going to get him on my team, are the connected career rosters that you use to start up a career going to be updated or what is the story?

I hate how people whine about Madden every year, but it is absolutely unbelievable that offline franchise mode as just been torpedoed. Thanks EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: So are these connected rosters going to be updated?

there already is a updated career tuner roster posted smh
Old 08-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrwillerton
First let me say this whole idea of not being able to do a ****ing OFFLINE franchise the way I want to do it is insane. I understand this aspect for online franchises, but why Madden would strip you of the ability to do an offline franchise your own way boggles my mind.

All I want to do is start a Colts franchise with Vontae Davis on the Colts. I cannot start a franchise with him on the team. The dolphins won't trade him even if I offer two first round picks for him. So I can't trade for him myself.

How the hell am I going to get him on my team, are the connected career rosters that you use to start up a career going to be updated or what is the story?

I hate how people whine about Madden every year, but it is absolutely unbelievable that offline franchise mode as just been torpedoed. Thanks EA.
Are you using a created coach, or an existing one? If you are using Chuck Pagano, just retire from the colts, switch to the dolphins, make the trade, retire from the dolphins, and go back to the colts.

If you used a created coach, you're out of luck, because he will disappear if you switch teams.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

How do I retire. I just did it with Pagano, then I realize it would be smarter to start with the Dolphins, make the trade, then retire and pick the Colts.

I did it with Pagano, now can't for the life of me remember how I did it. I'm an idiot, I know.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Scroll over to the "More..." tab and pick My Career, then Retire.

Last edited by dpower15; 08-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok, guys, I really need some help on this. I'm wanting to start an offline cc with a coach and use the release day roster update that I downloaded Tuesday night. When I start it, Chad Johnson is with the Dolphins and still named Ochocinco? What am I doing wrong or are the offline players stuck with out of the box rosters from now on? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Dr_Doom_98's Arena

OVR: 2

What EA should do with Madden is what they did with NBA Live 10. When you are playing a Franchise(CC) they gave you the actual rosters for those games and you didn't have to worry about roster updates. So for instance the games on Sept. 9th would be those rosters for every team. Next week would be different rosters for that team depending on what injuries, roster moves, or trades that team actually did that week. The only time roster updates would be necessary is when you are playing online. Then your roster would need to reflect the current team roster. Having the rosters being the actual roster and depth chart for each particular game would only work for your first season and would be based upon your roster moves for each season after that.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Fantastic idea, now why won't they do it!! They cost themselves my $60 by not giving me the right to make any changes!! They could create the most visually stunning game ever but when you take away my right to make a single change, then you're dead to me!!

I have bought every single version of Madden since the original, but this time my wallet stays closed! And I refuse to buy another EA game until they fix this!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »