Home

What has been EA's excuse regarding bringing offline rosters online

This is a discussion on What has been EA's excuse regarding bringing offline rosters online within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What has been EA's excuse regarding bringing offline rosters online

I think my biggest gripe with this game is that I begin my franchise, oops - connected career, and I see Donovan McNabb is starting QB for the Browns, David Gararrd for the Dolphins, and so many other inaccuracies I cannot even begin to mention and yet can do nothing about it. We are totally at EA's mercy regarding the rosters and I was curious as to their reasoning for forcing us to be so hands off with the rosters.

I enjoy how 2k allows us the option to edit rosters, download them, use them, basically we are free to do whatever. I think this is due to 2k knowing that people will buy their game because they consistently upgrade the product from year to year. Though Madden is greatly improved, I still wonder if EAs intent is to forbid people from getting updated community rosters so people will be forced to buy the next years edition.

The best excuse I have heard has to do with people editing rosters and that not meshing with other people who have edited rosters, so why not give a league commissioner the option to upload a league roster? I am not a software programmer so forgive me if this suggestion is absurd, but I cant help but feel like I am being jipped when I have virtually no control over my franchise and even worse it is grossly inaccurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What has been EA's excuse regarding bringing offline rosters online

The only thing i disagree on is that madden has Greatly improved,but everything else you said is dead on accurate.There's nothing worse then starting your franchise and watching how your 100% accurate offline rosters do a complete 360 starting the season.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

This is really the problem, the gameplay is vastly improved but then they go and basically screw everything else up. Why can't I use a non-EA sports roster in franchise mode, why can't I do a fantasy draft in franchise if I want to(this has been in every sports game for at least 10 years), really it's disgraceful.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

I feel sorry for you guys that bought madden 13. glad I skipped it I remember people were defeding it thinking the A1 would be more smart this yera and we wouldn't havn't to worry about not controling 32 teams or not editing I got laughed at and told to give it a chance/. thank god I didn't

and thank god for this forum that people have found a way to hex edit madden 13 rosters into madden 12. the exuse was it was different code.

well well well.. it was the same code because it works in madden 12! well done EA on being caught out on a lie.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #5
Banned

xTeXaNsX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsflame
I think my biggest gripe with this game is that I begin my franchise, oops - connected career, and I see Donovan McNabb is starting QB for the Browns, David Gararrd for the Dolphins, and so many other inaccuracies I cannot even begin to mention and yet can do nothing about it. We are totally at EA's mercy regarding the rosters and I was curious as to their reasoning for forcing us to be so hands off with the rosters.

I enjoy how 2k allows us the option to edit rosters, download them, use them, basically we are free to do whatever. I think this is due to 2k knowing that people will buy their game because they consistently upgrade the product from year to year. Though Madden is greatly improved, I still wonder if EAs intent is to forbid people from getting updated community rosters so people will be forced to buy the next years edition.

The best excuse I have heard has to do with people editing rosters and that not meshing with other people who have edited rosters, so why not give a league commissioner the option to upload a league roster? I am not a software programmer so forgive me if this suggestion is absurd, but I cant help but feel like I am being jipped when I have virtually no control over my franchise and even worse it is grossly inaccurate.
Agree...the whole issue is ridiculous. Last year I could at least edit out the insanely overrated free agents who won't even be playing this year. In this year's version you just have to suffer through it, and can't even bury the players on teams' depth charts without it reverting the next week! I don't want Nick Collins being a pro bowl safety for the patriots, James Farrior being a top starting MLB, or Antonio Bryant an 80 OVR #2 receiver. When was the last time Bryant even played????
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »