Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #825
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Ryan Clark's hairstyle is wrong what raw data values do I give to get him his correct hairstyle in real life???

PGHE - PNEC - PUHE
Yes, those are the three
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #826
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Xan we NCAAers appreciate you greatly. U have NO IDEA! Thanks man.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #827
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sorry If this has already been answered, im new here, would this happen to work for Madden 11 on Xbox? I am trying to figure out a way to update my madden 11 rosters for the 2013 season, Thanks in advance guys!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #828
Rookie

OVR: 1

Again, thanks for all the kind words.

Ok, so I'm going to post this here for testing as its still VERY limited ( ie. no filtering, mass functions, etc ) but may give you guys an idea of the generic thing I am working on at least and hopefully give me some feedback on what we can try to add ( limited though it will be as it has to be generic in nature ).

So here's the idea... I wanted to write a generic editor for any MC02 / DB file. Obviously something generic has to be a bit boring too, bc you don't know what you can add ( like where a draft class lies or how it is managed, etc ), so this in no way is meant to replace the Madden 12 editor, but rather add an option for editing other files... not as nice, mind you, but an option nonetheless.

But why stop there? I mean, looking at 4 character acronyms all day is a bit painful, especially if you know that 'PSPD' is actually a player's speed. Even moreso, what if you don't know? Why should you have to learn all the fields? Why not have a means to open a generic EA file and have it load a 'known list' of what these acronyms mean?

Well, that was my goal, so here we go.... again - VERY beta / early / whatever.

Get it here!

In the zip is the executable ( EA DB Editor.exe ), the two dlls, and a couple of xml files. Of course, .Net 4.0 is needed as with the Madden editor.

So open this baby up and try to load an MC02 file ( extracted just like with the Madden editor - see first post of this thread for details ) - be it Madden, NCAA, whatever. When you do, you will be asked to pick a config file first! Now, if you did a Madden file here, cancel out as we don't have a Madden config yet - we'll get to that.

So try selecting the ncaa example.xml config file. Once done, now open your NCAA roster ( note - this config was made for NCAA 12, fyi ). What you should see now are all of the tables in the file as tabs, each one showing related information that is present. You'll notice that the Players field has only a few fields shown, but with plain English names instead of 4 letter acronyms, but the Teams tab - while showing a lot more - uses the 4 letter codes for each field.

What is going on there has to do with the xml configuration file. See, each table is described within it, hence the nice, readable names. The PLAY table ( ie. Players ) has a few fields specified in the config and those fields have nice, readable names, so you only see those & only those. The TEAM table has no fields listed so all of the fields are shown but with none of the nice names. The fields should be sortable and editable.

So what if you wanted to open a Madden file or another NCAA version and you don't have a config? Simple - from the file menu, select Create Config, and choose the file you want a config made out of. Now load the config and go to town. FYI, I mentioned this is beta, so right now, if you want to switch configs, best to close the editor and reopen it.

So now the fun part... editing the configs! You can select what tabs you want to see and give nice, meaningful names to stuff as their meaning is discovered, then share the config with everyone else.

So the format ( at least right now, subject to change, etc... )

Everything has to be in an xml tag and all tags have to be closed. Honestly, don't let the xml extension fool you - its parsed more like a generic config than a 'to spec' xml file.

The types...

Field
This is just a table field, like 'PSPD' in the PLAY table.

ex.

PSPD
Speed
TextBox
Some Text

TEAM

Team ID
Team Name

Abbreviation: this is the 4 letter code, ie this field's DB name

Name: this is the nice, readable name - this can be blank

ControlType: the type of control to edit it with. A TextBox ( capitalization matters btw - sorry ) - is the default. A ComboBox can be specified here. If you use a ComboBox, you either need to add the items or link it ( see below ).

ControlItem: if using a ComboBox, you can put as many of these as you wish and these will be used to populate the dropdown list. Otherwise, you can leave this out completely if not using it.

ControlLink: this section should only be present if a ComboBox is used and its contents depends on the lookup from another table. For instance, say this field was TGID ( Team ID ) and we're talking about the Players table. Well, you could use a ComboBox to edit it ( ie. a dropdown of team names ) but using this option. In doing so, you set the table to reference in the Table section, the IndexField to the field to use in the lookup ( ex. TGID ), and the ReferenceField as the field who's contents you want to display ( ex. the actual Team Name for that Team ID ).

Table
This is just a table in the DB, such as the PLAY table.

ex.

PLAY
Players

Abbreviation: this is the 4 letter code, ie this table's DB name

Name: this is the nice, readable name - this can be blank

View
This is a displayed item in the editor. For right now, only the main tab control and a listview ( aka Grid ) is valid - maybe more in the future.

Ex.

MainTab
Tab

Players

Table
Players

First Name

Name: the name of this view - must be unique!

Type: Tab ( to hold listviews in ) or Grid ( a listview of a table ).

Position: position in the client area - Z means nothing right now.

Size: size of this control. Note that the defaults sizes are just about right for a grid and a listview to fit in the main window. If you are putting in multiple grids, you may have to play with it. Also, all items are bound in each direction, so as you resize the editor, the controls resize with it.

Child: this is only valid for a Tab and is the list of listviews / Grids that go in it, in the order they appear.

Source: this is only valid for a Grid and tells the listview which Table to pull its data from ( Table is the only valid source type right now ).

Field: this is only valid for a Grid and is the list of fields to display. If none are given, all are displayed, but if any are given, only those are displayed.

Ok folks, let me know what you think, issues, etc.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Xanathol; 11-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #829
Rookie

OVR: 8

Xan, Looks like we have a dead link.

Mike
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #830
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998
Xan, Looks like we have a dead link.

Mike
Thanks, link updated - don't know why that happened!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #831
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
From what I've been told the file for ccm appears to be encrypted. So unless you know how to decrypt files.
CCM files can be decrypted. That's how I was able to edit the Twitter feed. If I have some time later I will post how I did it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #832
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsmustang
CCM files can be decrypted. That's how I was able to edit the Twitter feed. If I have some time later I will post how I did it
Awesome!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »