Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #649
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

All Player Import 1998 roster

Last edited by cankey; 10-20-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #650
Rookie

OVR: 1

That error means that a field that was expected to be a number wasn't.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #651
Rookie

OK, release 11 is finally up!

1. Depth Chart fixes in, plus a Reset Depth Charts under the Actions->Mass menu to automatically set all 32 teams' depth charts!

2. Purge CPU Players under the Actions menu has been added. This will cut all of the automatically generated players at the start of preseason on all 32 teams. Note: after using this, you need to use Reset Depth Charts or the franchise file may refuse to progress to the next week!

And now for my personal favorite feature... ( drumroll please )....

I personally love doing a Fantasy Draft, but the "logic" Madden uses lacks logic and just takes away from the fun for me. Wouldn't teams value players / positions differently? Or perhaps draft the rookie QB with a high potential instead of the mediocre vet?

Well if you feel the same, this new feature is for you...

The Madden Roster Editor Fantasy Draft

First things first... as some have noticed, there is a 'FanDraft' folder by the executable now. These are 'charts' for each team to use in the draft. If you click Actions->Fantasy Draft->Adjust Values, you will get an interface to edit these files ( or you can use excel / notepad / etc ).

There's 48 'positions' in there. You can change the positions but be sure to meet Madden's min at each! The second value is 'importance' of this selection and the third is a 'random evaluation' value ( 0 for none ). When computing a 'value' for a pick, the editor will combine overall / potential ( more on that later ) with importance and the random adjustments.

You'll also notice that teams are flagged as 3-4 or 4-3 - and yes, it matters! The editor will also consider 3-4 DEs, for example, for a 4-3 DT and vice versa ( with a penalty for the switch ) - same for 4-3 DE & 3-4 OLBs and all LBs on a 4-3 defense. If you make changes, you can copy ALL the settings ( yes - its all - not just one ) to all the other teams or just defensive players of teams that match your defense. You can save a single team's changes or all as well ( note: changes must be saved to the files for them to take effect in the next draft ).

Now the draft...

When you start a draft, the first thing you see is another settings window that specifies rounds ( make sure this matches the number of picks each team is configured for - any less and teams take BPA, any more and crash! ). The next value is the penalty used when considering a player of a like position from a different defense ( or a 4-3 MLB as an OLB, vice versa ). The 3rd option is the number of years pro to use to determine if the editor should use potential ( less than that number ) or overall ( equal to or greater than that number ) - 0 to always use overall. Next is the global random value to use, the pick you want ( random or select which one ), and the team you want to control.

Now click Start Draft!

The first filter is the number of players to show 'on the board' ( the left hand list ). The second is a position filter and the checkbox switches between overall and the 'value' the editor calculated ( which may change between views ).

The right side are the picks thus far. You can select a round, position, or team to see. Across the bottom are the counts for the players you have drafted into a position. If the count has a yellow background, you still have 'needs' there to fill to make Madden happy. Note that the default settings have configured values for all the Madden needs plus a couple of positions, configured by team ( ex. Saints want a 5th WR ) - you can change these in the settings if you want.

To draft a player, double click them. Note that the position NOT in parenthesis is the position you are drafting the player as! If the player has a position in parenthesis, this is the player's original position!

No changes are made unless you click ok at the end of the draft and even after then, nothing is saved until you actually save the roster!

To give a full example of what I just did...

1. run a fantasy draft in the editor

2. loaded the roster into Madden, started a franchise ( I recommend starting the franchise without a salary cap and to let the CPU resign, as some players you picked may not have a contract )

3. In the editor, cut all the CPU generated players & reset all depth charts.

4. In Madden, sim'ed to week 1.

5. In the editor, imported the schedule and draft class.

6. Playball!

For best results, either set the Years Pro to use Potential filter to 0 or make sure your roster's potentials aren't way out of whack ( ex. like a no name, 45 ovr rookie with a 99 ovr ).

Let me know what you guys think of it - I hope y'all like it!

Last edited by Xanathol; 10-21-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #652
Rookie

Noose's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice work Xan!!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #653
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Is it possible for me to convert Madden 13 rosters to a Madden 10 roster? I just want to do that.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #654
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
OK, release 11 is finally up!

1. Depth Chart fixes in, plus a Reset Depth Charts under the Actions->Mass menu to automatically set all 32 teams' depth charts!

2. Purge CPU Players under the Actions menu has been added. This will cut all of the automatically generated players at the start of preseason on all 32 teams. Note: after using this, you need to use Reset Depth Charts or the franchise file may refuse to progress to the next week!

And now for my personal favorite feature... ( drumroll please )....

I personally love doing a Fantasy Draft, but the "logic" Madden uses lacks logic and just takes away from the fun for me. Wouldn't teams value players / positions differently? Or perhaps draft the rookie QB with a high potential instead of the mediocre vet?

Well if you feel the same, this new feature is for you...

The Madden Roster Editor Fantasy Draft

First things first... as some have noticed, there is a 'FanDraft' folder by the executable now. These are 'charts' for each team to use in the draft. If you click Actions->Fantasy Draft->Adjust Values, you will get an interface to edit these files ( or you can use excel / notepad / etc ).

There's 48 'positions' in there. You can change the positions but be sure to meet Madden's min at each! The second value is 'importance' of this selection and the third is a 'random evaluation' value ( 0 for none ). When computing a 'value' for a pick, the editor will combine overall / potential ( more on that later ) with importance and the random adjustments.

You'll also notice that teams are flagged as 3-4 or 4-3 - and yes, it matters! The editor will also consider 3-4 DEs, for example, for a 4-3 DT and vice versa ( with a penalty for the switch ) - same for 4-3 DE & 3-4 OLBs and all LBs on a 4-3 defense. If you make changes, you can copy ALL the settings ( yes - its all - not just one ) to all the other teams or just defensive players of teams that match your defense. You can save a single team's changes or all as well ( note: changes must be saved to the files for them to take effect in the next draft ).

Now the draft...

When you start a draft, the first thing you see is another settings window that specifies rounds ( make sure this matches the number of picks each team is configured for - any less and teams take BPA, any more and crash! ). The next value is the penalty used when considering a player of a like position from a different defense ( or a 4-3 MLB as an OLB, vice versa ). The 3rd option is the number of years pro to use to determine if the editor should use potential ( less than that number ) or overall ( equal to or greater than that number ) - 0 to always use overall. Next is the global random value to use, the pick you want ( random or select which one ), and the team you want to control.

Now click Start Draft!

The first filter is the number of players to show 'on the board' ( the left hand list ). The second is a position filter and the checkbox switches between overall and the 'value' the editor calculated ( which may change between views ).

The right side are the picks thus far. You can select a round, position, or team to see. Across the bottom are the counts for the players you have drafted into a position. If the count has a yellow background, you still have 'needs' there to fill to make Madden happy. Note that the default settings have configured values for all the Madden needs plus a couple of positions, configured by team ( ex. Saints want a 5th WR ) - you can change these in the settings if you want.

To draft a player, double click them. Note that the position NOT in parenthesis is the position you are drafting the player as! If the player has a position in parenthesis, this is the player's original position!

No changes are made unless you click ok at the end of the draft and even after then, nothing is saved until you actually save the roster!

To give a full example of what I just did...

1. run a fantasy draft in the editor

2. loaded the roster into Madden, started a franchise ( I recommend starting the franchise without a salary cap and to let the CPU resign, as some players you picked may not have a contract )

3. In the editor, cut all the CPU generated players & reset all depth charts.

4. In Madden, sim'ed to week 1.

5. In the editor, imported the schedule and draft class.

6. Playball!

For best results, either set the Years Pro to use Potential filter to 0 or make sure your roster's potentials aren't way out of whack ( ex. like a no name, 45 ovr rookie with a 99 ovr ).

Let me know what you guys think of it - I hope y'all like it!
Sounds great! I'm not much of a fan of fantasy drafting but I admire all your hard work with this editor.

Is this new version compatible with M13?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #655
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great work Xan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #656
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
Sounds great! I'm not much of a fan of fantasy drafting but I admire all your hard work with this editor.

Is this new version compatible with M13?
M13 play now rosters have always worked with this but,not CCM.Hopefully,we can talk Xan into looking at this.Atts and traits are all I would need.I know he does not have 13,maybe we could collect donations for a used copy,if he would spend some time on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »