Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #705
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Pretty sure the classes max out at 255 or 258.
Yeah I had a feeling it was limited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #706
MVP

OVR: 16

Also noticed with my Classic Rosters, UDFA get put on all teams right when you begin a Franchise. So please Xan, keep your delete all UDFA option there. Thanks!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #707
Rookie

Noose's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxis31
Ok noose and SWB I was reading your posts and did a little test. Year 1 349 UDFA were deleted I used SWB roster which I think has some teams with more than 53 players per team. I then put on noose's draft class and simmed to the next season. This time there were 822 UDFA deleted assuming each team had the same amount of players that is about 25 players added to each team. At preseason week 1 year 2 each team had 75 players including UDFA. I dont know how big you can make a draft class but it would be nice if you had a enough real UDFA and Free agents to populate the preseason rosters.
Thanks for the tests man, but yeah. The draft classes I've been working on are at 257 players and were built off of the NCAA imported classes. I would assume this is the largest they can be, but to be honest I have not attempted to make them bigger. I would just assume that it's capped at that number.

I also would ideally like to have enough legit players to populate the teams and FA pool. I would just need to know how many players it is in total so I could decide if it's something I really want to do. I don't intend to get to specific with the UDFA's outside of the draft class. Most likely accurate names & info, skin tones, with generic body comps and equipment for them. I might even consider the silhouette for the portrait, as I for sure don't want to do that for them either. But if it's in the 400 range, thats alot of players to make from scratch and quite honestly pretty daunting for players that aren't even really expected to be above 65 rating(generous) or on teams.

But I do want to do something, as I like the idea, and hate the Madden generic UDFA's. But if it's something that would be required to add players manually to each team, then I'm for sure not interested, at least for now I don't think. I'm still mulling it over, and am hopeful something can done editor side that gives me a nudge to decide. But for now, I'll continue to create as many caps as I can for players I'm not including in each of the classes with hopes of plugging them into the game at some point. I intend to have a good look at it all once I've finished 2014 class. As I will have a pretty good time buffer versus gameplay until I require 2015 class. I do still want to get on a coach file, using SECelites for a base, if not publicly but for myself. So much to do, not enough time it seems. But it is awesome it's all possible without the game restrictions and edits with a controller. So thats a serious plus!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #708
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey guys, I know this program, which is fantastic by the way, is more geared towards Madden 12 but has some capabilites for Madden 13 as well. My question is, does anyone know if there is a way that we could edit the developement trait for players before taking the roster into CCM? I've tried sort of looking myself by haven't found anything that looks right, it may not even be there. Any ideas? Would love to be able to edit my players more to my liking before starting my CCM.

Another question thats more of a shot in the dark, as far as CCM. I know we can't change anything while in CCM so no custom draft classes. Would the the names of the EA draft class players come up anywhere else since that info would be on the disk. So maybe you could edit the rosters beforehand via hex editing or something?

Once again I know you guys aren't really working on anything Madden 13, I'm just curious. And although I can't use the editor on the level of some others since I don't own Madden 12 anymore, I still appreciate all your hard work.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #709
Rookie

jpmoney006's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't get the .net framework 4.0 software to load. Keeps giving me a fatal error. Is there an alternate way to use this editor without that program.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #710
Rookie

OVR: 1

Trying to remember to reply to as much as possible ( didn't want to multi-quote - too long )...

Draft classes are 257 player large - long time Madden limit.

No promises, but I do think NCAA (12 - its what I have) is on my list; if anyone who knows C# wants to take my code and start on it, please go for it! The format of the file is the same - its just a matter of figuring out the tables & fields.

I really do appreciate the donation offers from folks - and its tempting - but (1) I'm just all about doing it for fun and (2) if EA gets mad about this, there's a heck of a lot more trouble if money was made off of it!

So what's the verdict on auto-filling rosters? I agree, its a lot of players, so don't want to code up something that no one will ever use.

I have added code for opening a file in 'raw view' only, meaning if you want to use the editor to inspect ( yes, just inspect ) any file of this format - Madden, NCAA, etc - you should be able to.

I also have the code added to auto-convert older rosters. 'New' fields that are added are defaulted to 0 ( I thought about setting them as cursive requested for QBs, but that's easy to do in the editor already by filtering to QBs only and using the mass set option ).

Once I add in the depth chart setting that uses only specific positions, I'll post a new release.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #711
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
Trying to remember to reply to as much as possible ( didn't want to multi-quote - too long )...

Draft classes are 257 player large - long time Madden limit.

No promises, but I do think NCAA (12 - its what I have) is on my list; if anyone who knows C# wants to take my code and start on it, please go for it! The format of the file is the same - its just a matter of figuring out the tables & fields.

I really do appreciate the donation offers from folks - and its tempting - but (1) I'm just all about doing it for fun and (2) if EA gets mad about this, there's a heck of a lot more trouble if money was made off of it!

So what's the verdict on auto-filling rosters? I agree, its a lot of players, so don't want to code up something that no one will ever use.

I have added code for opening a file in 'raw view' only, meaning if you want to use the editor to inspect ( yes, just inspect ) any file of this format - Madden, NCAA, etc - you should be able to.

I also have the code added to auto-convert older rosters. 'New' fields that are added are defaulted to 0 ( I thought about setting them as cursive requested for QBs, but that's easy to do in the editor already by filtering to QBs only and using the mass set option ).

Once I add in the depth chart setting that uses only specific positions, I'll post a new release.
Is there any chance you could get this to work for the PS3 too? Or is there zero chance? Or is it just taking the time to do it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #712
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Is there any chance you could get this to work for the PS3 too? Or is there zero chance? Or is it just taking the time to do it?
I don't have a PS3 and to my (limited) knowledge, I think the PS3 file is encrypted. If there is a way to undo that, I can take a look, but otherwise, sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »