Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Will the filters be able to filter player attributes? and then if that is possble edit say 100 players awareness down to like 0 for example?
Exactly - you filter out the players you want, then the pop-up allows you to pick the attribute to alter ( set or adjust by some amount ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayduh562
followed all the steps and everything was working fine, did some tweeking to c.woodson (made him younger) and to jason taylor, try to change height weight age skin color and portrait Id, i like his celebration so i tried to turn him into an entirely new player while still keeping his sack celebration. then while editing an error message came up which ask me to quit or continue(app would ignore problem and continue.) so i continued and proceeded to save roster. once i tried to open roster on xbox from usb it stated that file was damaged and unable to open. what happened? any idea on how to fix this? i think the problem has something to do with saving the file back to my usb, how do i save it back onto my usb? do i use the "copy to device" option on horizon, or do i use a different app or do i do it manually? also once i open the .MC02 file with the roster editor (roster version saved on pc) a .DB file is created. do i save that .DB on usb or the original .MC02?
The DB is a temp file - you have to use Horizon to put the MC02 back into the contents of the roster, then rehash & resign, then put the roster onto the USB.

FYI...

Code that is in / almost in that needs testing...

Draft class edits, export / import...
All player export / import...
Draft picks, export / import...
Schedules export / import....

I'm doing the dialogs for the last two now, then will post a test package if anyone is willing to give the functions a go; should be up sometime tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #66
Rookie

Dylan Marshall Swb's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
Exactly - you filter out the players you want, then the pop-up allows you to pick the attribute to alter ( set or adjust by some amount ).

The DB is a temp file - you have to use Horizon to put the MC02 back into the contents of the roster, then rehash & resign, then put the roster onto the USB.

FYI...

I'm doing the dialogs for the last two now, then will post a test package if anyone is willing to give the functions a go; should be up sometime tonight.
If I can fight off this cold medicine I'll play around with it when you release it haha been sick for the last two days.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

So if we just want to edit the schedules, is that option in yet or is it still testing?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayduh562
followed all the steps and everything was working fine, did some tweeking to c.woodson (made him younger) and to jason taylor, try to change height weight age skin color and portrait Id, i like his celebration so i tried to turn him into an entirely new player while still keeping his sack celebration. then while editing an error message came up which ask me to quit or continue(app would ignore problem and continue.) so i continued and proceeded to save roster. once i tried to open roster on xbox from usb it stated that file was damaged and unable to open. what happened? any idea on how to fix this? i think the problem has something to do with saving the file back to my usb, how do i save it back onto my usb? do i use the "copy to device" option on horizon, or do i use a different app or do i do it manually? also once i open the .MC02 file with the roster editor (roster version saved on pc) a .DB file is created. do i save that .DB on usb or the original .MC02?

OK thanks i actually figured it out, but i had a question about appearance, and how/if i can change a players details. like face, arm thickness, etc.. Also what is the raw data option for? i can tell some are player stats like throw power and elusiveness but there are alot more that i dont know what they mean. 1 in particular reads ESPS, i believe it has to do with player celebrations bcuz player who have a TD/sack celebration it reads EndPlay_Heisman (c.woodson)/ EndPlay_ClayMathews (c.mathews) and those who dont, have NULL written out. Can u give me more insight into this, i already tryd changing some players from NULL to heisman or claymathews but it doesnt show up during game play so im assuming theres another field that effects player celebrations.

Last edited by Rayduh562; 09-25-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 6

being able to edit base 3-4 or 4-3 defense as a default playbook would be great
Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #70
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol

FYI...

OH WOW
Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #71
Rookie

Ok I've done no testing to the console ( as most the stuff that writes to the file is the same - its just managing it now... or so I hope ) so please, play with the new features and let me know what you think.

Here's the link to the test package ( source and all ).

Note, I don't have a lot of safety checks in so just use your best judgement, ie. don't try to edit schedules or draft picks after opening a roster - use a franchise instead! Full list of items now reads...

opens roster or franchise file
edit players
filter by role, college, team, position / group, years pro
copy attributes of players from one roster/franchise to another
view raw player fields, dump table & field data to a file, dump ALL data to a file
edit basic team info, depth charts, injury table, schedule, draft picks
export / import players, schedules, draft picks, draftees
mass adjust an attribute ( based on players filtered in main window )
mass set an attribute ( based on players filtered in main window )

Note that in a franchise file there is a new team added - Draftees - which list the draft class players. The pick number you see for draftees doesn't matter IIRC for those thinking this dictates order ( I think its used after the draft ).

Also, when opening a franchise file, the title bar will have the file name and stage of the franchise ( preseason, free agents, etc ).

Please let me know what works / doesn't work and we'll see what we can do!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's one heck of a program, I can finally trade players in my play now roster without having to worry about the salary cap (ideal for a fantasy draft with friends). It works wonders save for the error when clicking on a HOF QB, but that's a minor fault, good luck improving it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »