Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #729
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopia
Any luck on auto-converting players from older Madden rosters to Madden 12 yet?
In theory, its done, but when I load the roster, I'm getting issues, so have to figure out what the missing element is.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #730
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

Hey Xan,

I thank God for your ability to create this editor, all the things I've been begging EA to allow us to do, this editor give us the ability to do.
And I know it's just going to get better the more it's tweaked.

I was curious if you have looked at the NFL 2k5 editor found at http://nfl2k5rosters.com/ and thought about incorporating some of the features from that editor into yours?

Again keep up the great work.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #731
Rookie

statsdon's Arena

OVR: 6
Hey Xan, im curious have you posted any of your great work on EAsports forums. If EA gets a wiff of what you have accomplished, maybe they will get serious about what us hardcore gamers want out of madden and if they wont comply, we just wont buy and just use the editor to tweak the previous version as we see fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Chicago Blackhawks....
Damn those White Sox!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #732
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsdon
Hey Xan, im curious have you posted any of your great work on EAsports forums. If EA gets a wiff of what you have accomplished, maybe they will get serious about what us hardcore gamers want out of madden and if they wont comply, we just wont buy and just use the editor to tweak the previous version as we see fit.

It would be huge mistake to take this to the EA forums.

1-it would most certainly be instantly deleted.

2-Ea could have anyone who uses the editor banned from live because it's altering saves (against ms TOS)

3-they could lean on OS to get rid of the info already here.

As to Ea caring about the depth and dedication of the offline franchise player, I don't think they give a rats azz. The game is built on arcade game play, and the most minimal franchise features and depth. For Madden, the least amount of work is the best it seems because they can't seem to get a complete, fully functioning simulation football game to the market no matter how much time they spend on it. The next game will suffer the same fate because of the short turn around, and they will move on to next gen. rinse wash repeat. When they don't have to make an NFL game every year, they may get it right, until then, well...at least we have the guys here at OS!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #733
Rookie

statsdon's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor

2-Ea could have anyone who uses the editor banned from live because it's altering saves (against ms TOS)

As to Ea caring about the depth and dedication of the offline franchise player, I don't think they give a rats azz. The game is built on arcade game play, and the most minimal franchise features and depth. For Madden, the least amount of work is the best it seems because they can't seem to get a complete, fully functioning simulation football game to the market no matter how much time they spend on it. The next game will suffer the same fate because of the short turn around, and they will move on to next gen. rinse wash repeat. When they don't have to make an NFL game every year, they may get it right, until then, well...at least we have the guys here at OS!
You make some good points. Smh @ EA.

Chicago Blackhawks....
Damn those White Sox!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #734
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
Hey Xan,

I was curious if you have looked at the NFL 2k5 editor found at http://nfl2k5rosters.com/ and thought about incorporating some of the features from that editor into yours?
As great as the NFL 2K5 editor is, I actually think Xan's editor far surpasses it. There seems to be more editing functions, and a lot more categories to sort by. It has everything I needed from the 2k5 editor, plus more. Can't really think of anything it's missing, personally.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #735
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor

Enjoy this tool for what it is.It's the first and last you will see of a madden editor.Pretty much all game save modders gave up on Madden,and many other EA games,due the checksums and what not.EA,from now on,will encrypt the living crap out the Madden files,so they can't be deciphered.M14's roster file will not be swap-able,with earlier versions of the game.They don't want people playing last years model.They want you to buy their new crap.Rosters for M12 can still be updated beyond 13,but it will take a lot more work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #736
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
Hey Xan,

I thank God for your ability to create this editor, all the things I've been begging EA to allow us to do, this editor give us the ability to do.
And I know it's just going to get better the more it's tweaked.

Again keep up the great work.
Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Will check that out and see what we can do ( once I get this conversion thing working right )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsdon

Exactly what others said - sad, but true, that EA only cares about $$$, hence the state of their product to begin with. We'll just keep this one to ourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »