Home

Updating Madden 12 Schedule HELP needed

This is a discussion on Updating Madden 12 Schedule HELP needed within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Updating Madden 12 Schedule HELP needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiryder85
Thank you for your response. But, once again what reader? Again I downloaded all the stuff they said download but I don't see a reader it's just a bunch of folders and files. The one app I did open didn't recognize the Franchise files.
Madden12RosterReader_r8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol
EDIT: Since I now can edit, will update this post with a link to the latest version.

Ok so here it is - v1 of the editor. It is very feature-lacking right now, as I wanted to get it out there for testing, etc ASAP before adding tons of other stuff to it, so please bare with me.

Things you need!

My Editor!
Horizon
.Net 4.0 ( to run my editor )

*** DISCLAIMER ***
ALWAYS backup your data! NEVER edit without a backup! I am not going to list steps to 'backup your stuff now' - please just assume you should!

1. Unzip my editor and the two DLLs into a folder somewhere on your PC.

2. Stick your USB stick with your roster on it in and run Horizon.

3. In Horizon, select Device Explorer ( on the right side of the main window ), expand into games, etc till you get to your roster file. Now extract that roster to a folder somewhere on your PC.

4. In Horizon, click on Tools up at the top, then Package Manager.

5. In the Package Manager, click Open and select your roster on your PC.

6. In the Package Manger, click on Contents and extract the file in there to your folder, adding a .MC02 to the end of the file name ( ex. ROSTERA.MC02 - this is just to keep things straight ).

7. Now run my editor, click File -> Open, and choose the MC02 file. A .DB file will be written out, so don't freak - its suppose to!

8. Edit away! There are filters along the top and some stuff you can only change on the left side ( like names ). Just double click a value to edit it.

9. Once done, click File -> Save - NOTE - your MC02 file was just overwritten!!!

10. In Horizon's Package Manager ( assuming you still have your roster open ), in the Content view, select the file, right click, and choose Replace. Browse to your MC02 file and select it. Now click on the Rehash & resign button in the Package Manager.

11. Copy the new roster onto your USB and make sure it works - that's it!

Hope I don't leave someone out but...

Thanks to the folks at Football Freaks, where I first learned all the 08 stuff.
Thanks to George Greer for documenting most of the the DB format.
Thanks to feudalnate for MC02 / EAChecksum dlls for the MC02 handling.
Thanks to dhsmustang & chrome_305 for plugging away at it.

Obligatory screenshot....

The editor is the reader it's in the /Madden12RosterReader/bin/release folder named "Madden12rosterreader.exe"

Sorry for the extremely late response. I hope this helped.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Updating Madden 12 Schedule HELP needed

HELP!!

Can someone help me out? I'm kinda new to this I'm trying to use the madden 15 roster and franchise in madden 12, i got both working for the 360 however id like to edit the schedule for my franchise so its up to date for this year. Every time i try to import into the madden editor it gives me an error and will not load properly. I follow the steps that were giving above but still nothing, i click continue on the error then go to import schedule but it wont find my file csv. file unless i click all files even after being extracted from horizon. Am I making any sense can somoene help and give me a breakdown on how to do it? I'd just like to adjust the schedule so that its this years and not madden 12's scheudle or technicaly the 11-12 season. Thanks email is whiteknight4958@ yahoo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »