Home

Cursive's Classic Madden Rosters and Draft Classes (360)

This is a discussion on Cursive's Classic Madden Rosters and Draft Classes (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #81
Rookie

Inter1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Cursive's Classic Madden Rosters and Draft Classes (360)

I got the files transferred to my flashdrive and they come up on my xbox 360, but cannot transfer the files to my xbox hd as it says can't copy due to my game profile. Help please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #82
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
I would say it's 100% easier just to save a copy of your roster to a flash drive and open with the editor. Just use the .csv file and import over your file and save.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Would you mind listing the exact steps to get this done please? I have been messing with Horizon for couple days and I don't think I am doing it exactly how it is supposed to be done because I am getting a file is damages when I load the roster. I am a little confused on how to overwrite the 86 file over the generic roster file I have on my USB stick. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #83
Rookie

macca2509's Arena

OVR: 2

Ye, never worked for me. Has anyone thought of doing a "how to" video on youtube?
Old 11-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 16

1990 File done and new instruction on the first page;

http://www.mediafire.com/?krkx57bhljz7jrg
Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #85
MVP

This is how I created my 1990 Classic Rosters;

First pick the season you want to do, mine was 1990;

Then go to http://www.pro-football-reference.com and find the season. You will need to select each team one at a time. After having a team up select the Starters and Roster tab, you will need to copy everything under the roster section to Excel.

Make sure to create a column to add each teams ID or the TGID field.

For the name field you can seperate the first and last name by selecting Text to Column and seperating the text at the space. Make sure to make 2-3 colums behind the name field because it will over-write the next few. This step will take some clean up but easier then doing it yourself.

The position tab will need numbers instead of positions, example is QB is 0. I had to go to http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/ to find the missing player positions.

For the weight field I rounded to to the closest 5lbs, but I started with 200lbs, which equates to 40 every pound is a point up or down so 205lbs is 45.

For the height field I started with 6-feet, which equates to 70. Every inch is 1 up or down. So 6'6" is 76.

For both these field I sorted all the data small to big and copied all the data that had the same values.

Age and Years are pretty simple as you don't have to convert them. Age goes in PAGE and years pro goes into PYRP.

The only field that needed real work was AV or Approximate Value, I sorted players by position and this value and then when back and re-ranked them based on this value. It worked as a pretty good starting point.

Before pasting you need to exlude the NFL greats from your .csv file, sort by team ID and make the 1008 team last and then de-select it so it's hidden.

To input all the information I exported a current Madden 12 or Madden 13 roster, and then exported the .csv files. I sorted both the .csv and my information file by PPOS player position and by POVR Player Overall or AV Approximate Value in the information file.

Now we just need to select only one position at a time, then you are going to paste the field one at a time. First Name to PFNA, Last Name to PLNA, Team ID to TGID, Age to PAGE, Years Pro to PYPR, Weight to PWGT, Height to PHGT, and Jersey Number to PJEN. Colleges go to the PCOL field but most I had to do manually, but I am working on a cheet sheet for all fields you would have to convert. Make sure to add players to teams who were not in the league yet, so after you add the Team ID field add a 17,21,25, and 32 for the Jaguars, Panthers, Ravens, and Texans respectively. You will need to add multiples of each depending on the position.

For classic season I made all PJER to 1 so all players had long Shoulder Sleeves, PFMK to 0 so everyone had Riddel Helmets, PVIS to 0 to remove all visors, PPSX to 0 to remove all player portriats, and still looking for defaults I can set on all players.

Going to work on a 2002 roster next and re-do the draft classes so they all have portriat ID's.

Last edited by cursive; 11-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #86
MVP

Note

I changed the PSKI Skin color field to what the player was to the best of my recolection.
0 - White
1 - Black
2 - Hawiian?

The PNEC, PGHE, PUHE are as follows

White Skin, 1-45-0
Black Skin, 1-120-0
Light Black Skin, 3-62-0 still needs PSKI to 1
Tan Skin, 1-62-0
Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 7

hey cursive, nice job my friend wanted to know if anyone could format that 90s roster for M13?

GT: iReP PHiLLYx89
Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #88
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReP PHiLLY
hey cursive, nice job my friend wanted to know if anyone could format that 90s roster for M13?
Try this see if it works. I formatted it for M13. I also made some changes by adding the greats into the game for that year like Woodson, Montana, Elway etc... So we can use their real cyberfaces.

Great work again cursive and thanks for all the info you posted on how to do these rosters.

M13 1990 rosters
http://www.mediafire.com/?ainedued0n25l72

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »