Home

Overhauled Madden 13 Roster (All new OVR's, Missing Players, Prospects, Transactions)

This is a discussion on Overhauled Madden 13 Roster (All new OVR's, Missing Players, Prospects, Transactions) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overhauled Madden 13 Roster (All new OVR's, Missing Players, Prospects, Transactions)

This is my 3rd straight year of Overhauling the entire Madden NFL rosters that are put out by EA sports. For years Madden for me has had one HUGE flaw in the game, and it is all editable to all of us. The way players are just grossly overrated in Madden plagues this game in certain ways. For example... Jay Cutler going down for the Chicago Bears is huge to the Chicago Bears IRL but in Madden you could still just march down the field with the Bears 2nd and 3rd stringers and probably go like 15-1 with a 3rd string QB. With these rosters though the story is a bit different. With players that are decent starters but could be back ups other places... they will rest inside the 60 OVRs instead of the mid to high 70's like in Donny Moores ratings system. Another thing is that not ever player is elite, actually it is rare to find a player that stands out in the NFL compared to all the other talent in the NFL. These rosters I try my best to capture the element of having a team that might be great as a starting squad but no matter how good you are you aren't gonna be perfect (Duh ). Having a player rated in the high 50's or 60's arent bad players! They just aren't great starters or anything like that... and guess what guys? There are players all over the NFL that deserve to be in the 50's or 60's because not everybody is a 70 OVR or better in the NFL when they are a 3rd stringer.

Now I am not gonna be stupid about this either though guys... I understand that most of these ratings might be seem low but they make a fantastic difference in multiple situations in Gameplay and even works great with CCM modes! Another thing though is that I realize that not everybody will agree with my ratings either, and if you truly have something that has griped about certain ratings for players, please don't hesitate to say something about it. If you think this said player is underrated/overrated in a certain rating then once again... don't hesitate to say something about it.

What this roster will include:
*Completely revamped ratings, from the worst all the way to AP and Tom Brady.
*Completely redone Depth Charts
*All QB's will have their own throwing motion
*All QB's will have their correct equipment, and so will dozens of other players
*Free Agency ratings have all been edited to make for more realistic CCM situations
*Will include ALL missing players, including Practice squad players
*Will try my best to include most to all NFL Draft 13' prospects
*All Players that have retired have been changed to P to ensure they aren't being signed by NFL teams BUT will still be available if you'd like to use them for some reason.
*All Players with correct Jersey Numbers
*All Players with correct Names
*(Hopefully) All Players with correct Height and Weight

Here are the top ten ratings for position players that I have finished so far:
(Updated as of 03-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.)

Spoiler

Last edited by RoseBeforeHoes1; 03-09-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Overhauled Madden 13 Roster (All new OVR's, Missing Players, Prospects, Transacti

How will these work over the course of a full CCM? I'm not a huge fan of Madden ratings by any stretch of the imagination, but the problem with changing the rating scales in rosters is that draft class guys (who can't be edited if I'm not mistaking) are rated to default EA scaled ratings. That's why I couldn't use FGB's ratings this year. Also, do you have hex-edit capabilities? If so could you change Bernard Pollard's skin tone? He should be a little darker than he is in game.

Looking forward to these if they can hold up in CCM.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Overhauled Madden 13 Roster (All new OVR's, Missing Players, Prospects, Transacti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
How will these work over the course of a full CCM? I'm not a huge fan of Madden ratings by any stretch of the imagination, but the problem with changing the rating scales in rosters is that draft class guys (who can't be edited if I'm not mistaking) are rated to default EA scaled ratings. That's why I couldn't use FGB's ratings this year. Also, do you have hex-edit capabilities? If so could you change Bernard Pollard's skin tone? He should be a little darker than he is in game.

Looking forward to these if they can hold up in CCM.
Well I knew this question was gonna come up sooner than later. I understand that everybody thinks that because of the stretched ratings that if you go into the next season with these that you'll be dealing with a **** ton of rookies that are most likely gonna be starters, but from my experiences it seems that the ratings work themselves out, and if you can deal with a few rookies here and there that get starting jobs, then this will be fine for you and anybody else. I wish I could edit the prospects in madden though, because then it would all work out perfectly. I honestly don't have a big problem with it though, but yeah you are gonna run into a couple rookies that are just that much better than a couple of starters in my roster. I am gonna go through a test run today though to try and see the way players end up and how the depth charts go after the draft and what not. I hope it doesn't ruin your CCM experience though when using these rosters, because I haven't had any. We'll see though on that.

Also yes I am going to be going through this entire roster in the Madden 12 Roster editor to go over multiple things, like fixing all the ages, birth dates, weights and heights and hopefully a few other things like player roles and what not

And I will deff try my best to get the changes in for Bernard Pollard's skin! Anything else you could possibly think of?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Rookie

elchristo's Arena

any chance of these being able to be importated to madden 12 on xbox?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchristo
any chance of these being able to be importated to madden 12 on xbox?
Well there are plenty of people on this site that know how to covert rosters, so I'll have to try and see if somebody could help out and convert this into a 12' roster. Just to let you know though, I also did a roster for Madden 12 and Madden 11 with all of the same goodies as this roster will have. I am projecting this to take about 2/3 more weeks though to be completely finished, but I will release a roster to the public before I completely finish as a test file to see what you guys think so far.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Rookie

To be honest guys, I would expect this roster to release (with all rookies, missing players, player edits, depthchart edits) with in the first week of March.

Hope to see at least a number of you giving it a try once I upload it!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is this for PS3 and 360? PS2?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk
Is this for PS3 and 360? PS2?
That's a very good question, he never stated. But if I'm not mistaking, the editor is only for the xbox 360.

Thank you again for the roster Rose, excited to try them out. I can def wait until the first week of march, because that's probably also around the time that Wiz's sliders will be out.

Last edited by Jdoug312; 02-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »