Home

1990's rosters credit to playmakers

This is a discussion on 1990's rosters credit to playmakers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 1990's rosters credit to playmakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'll be sending PM his thumb drive back and he's going to add more teams. Stay tuned here down the road as we'll be providing his work here...
You're working on this project, too? I'd be willing to pick M13 back up to use this roster because I know the quality of work PM and MK put into rosters.

Does PM have a recommended slider set to go with the roster?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do not agree with the comment made here that said - most of the past rosters that have been created by others ....are not very good. Those rosters were pretty good!!!!! Not perfect...but pretty damn good!!!! Yes a few ratings here and there were a little off and the players were not wearing their uniforms in the way they did during their era. But they used the ratings from the past Madden games that included the older teams. And ...the fact that these teams are from the 70's and 80's - makes it REALLY tough to get them to look as they did in their era. That would have taken MANY MANY more hours on top of the time they had already invested in creating rosters. If you want them to look like they did in their era - do the research and fix them yourselves! Cursive's & Meccaa don't let those comments get to you!!!! You guys did a very good job!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

No worries, most the time I just make base rosters for people to take and improve upon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

To clarify: I am NOT doing these rosters. PM had sent me the thumb drive to put on the VSN site because he did not know how to do so. I was going to upload it here until I saw it was already done. He's doing a great job on this!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0

'92 Packers??... Over back-to-back Super Bowl teams?!

'94 9ers were one of the highest scoring teams of all-time.

While I understand the appeal of playing with Deion, the '98 Falcons went to the Super Bowl. Very underrated team.

Also think the 14-2 '99 Jaguars deserve a spot here as the AFC is concerned.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Personally I like the 92 Packers better... Sterling Sharpe catching passes from Favre is awesome!

As for 92 or 94 49ers.. ok I'm a little more with you on that one. I think a major factor was Playmaker not wanting duplicates... can't have Deion on the 94 Niners and 91 Falcons.

Speaking of Faclons, 91 or 98 Falcons are a toss up though. Just like 90 or 99 Raiders... but Playmakers made a good call on providing us Bo Jackson.

The far bigger outcry is why didn't Marino and his Dolphins get created sooner. That air passing attack with the Marks Brothers... it should have been one of the first teams he made. Perhaps Playmakers true identity is Ray Finkle hahaha. Seriously though, I'm soooo itching for that in Playmakers next roster update!

Last edited by mo2thewillyo; 05-28-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
'92 Packers??... Over back-to-back Super Bowl teams?!

'94 9ers were one of the highest scoring teams of all-time.

While I understand the appeal of playing with Deion, the '98 Falcons went to the Super Bowl. Very underrated team.

Also think the 14-2 '99 Jaguars deserve a spot here as the AFC is concerned.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
You should cut the man some slack because if I'm not mistaken in his thread he specifically stated he left certain teams off on purpose to reduce the amount of duplicate players.

You have to scan through the thread to understand why he made some of the decisions he made.

For example I recall him stating 92 Packers were created in order to get Sterling Sharpe on the file and have Reggie White only assigned to play for the Eagles.

He also mentioned Deion Sanders would only be on the 91 Falcons and that the 96 Steelers were selected over the 95 Steelers in order to have Jerome Bettis on the file.

I also believe he posted that Jacksonville was created just not on the initial file released.
Westview Basketball #33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

loved he got Jerome Bettis. If you gonna play with the old skool Steelers, you gotta have a mauler at RB... no one better than the Bus

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »