Home

Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

This is a discussion on Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
I'm willing to help too. What is the "FBG" website??
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ange-game.html

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/teams.php

Thats the thread and website

Last edited by BEasy20; 08-22-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Why dont you guys use the FBG website. Their ratings are based off of scouts data and supposedly make the game play very well. If you get enough people it shouldnt be hard. Just a suggestion to keep the attributes stat based and unbiased

Id be willing to help if this was the way you went
it still does not spread the ratings out very well tho

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
it still does not spread the ratings out very well tho
Ive never used those ratings but supposedly the overall means nothing. All that matters is the individual position ratings which are spaced out for everyone. And also the speed plays much differently with these because its more based on acceleration not top speed which is the case in a real game.

Realistically the NFLs all about opportunity. There are a few guys that are so much more talented than everyone and could fit in any system with any level of talent surrounding them but after that top tier its all about opportunity, being in the right system and work ethic. So IMO people should be all relatively close together rating wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

I think a lot of the thoughts about gameplay being affected by too-high ratings are definitely justified. I just made a post with a detailed analysis of Madden ratings:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-25-a.html

Detailed Analysis of Madden 25 Ratings

Last edited by servo75; 08-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEasy20
Ive never used those ratings but supposedly the overall means nothing. All that matters is the individual position ratings which are spaced out for everyone. And also the speed plays much differently with these because its more based on acceleration not top speed which is the case in a real game.

Realistically the NFLs all about opportunity. There are a few guys that are so much more talented than everyone and could fit in any system with any level of talent surrounding them but after that top tier its all about opportunity, being in the right system and work ethic. So IMO people should be all relatively close together rating wise
overall is HUUUGE for us franchise guys....

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

I would be glad to help. I'm really happy we're not stuck with Donny Moore's "idea" of what players should be rated. Would rather it be based on stats rather than a shot in the dark like Moore has been doing for years.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #15
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

I'd be happy to look at my jags for you. Not sure i am as familiar with the AFC South to overhaul the entire thing. Anyways let me know if I can be of help. Also it's always good to have two or three raters collaborate on a team/division. Gives it more validity.

Interests and Hobbies: video games, programming, psychology, neuroscience, piano, functional strength training.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

I've uploaded a couple more files. The first is a combined spreadsheet of all the FBG player ratings (hope that's ok). Note there are two worksheets. The first is all the original data. In the second, I removed all players with ratings under 55. The reason I noticed that most teams had the lowest rating equal to exactly 27, which didn't fit the distribution. Also this makes the total number of players closer to the roughly 70 per team in the EA spreadsheet. The second file is a comparison of the distribution of the ratings FBG vs. Madden.

Notice how in graph #2 (Madden) the ratings have a bit of a negative skew - a LOT of average players, a moderate amount of high ratings with very few low ratings. Not very realistic. Note how many players are 80 and above!

Graph #1 (FBG ratings) show what we call a "positive skew". That means that there are a LOT of mediocre players and very few elite players. This better reflects how real NFL players are. Incidentally, this "positive skew" was also in the data before removing the low rated players, just not as obvious.

I know what I said above is rather technical . If there is any or , please ask.

FBG Ratings Spreadsheet

Graph Comparison of Ratings

Last edited by servo75; 08-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »