Home

OS Community PS3 re-rated roster.

This is a discussion on OS Community PS3 re-rated roster. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
OS Community PS3 re-rated roster.

Hello to all. as many of you should know after playing madden for several years. donny moore loves to give everyone a super high rating. and unjustified rating with really zero merit or theory behind it whatsoever. this is really frustrating to us sim guys who really appreciate the feel from franchise. when when you have back ups rated in the 80's asking for starter money it just makes franchise mode so frustrating.

to counter this. a few years ago in madden 12. i came up with a ratings adjustment system to help spread out the ratings. that was really my only goal. HOWEVER much to my surprise and the surprise of others. the edit system helped improve gameplay. with roster share this process will be much easier to get out to the public as well as get accomplished with volunteers helping.

I have already spoken to mooch who helped a great deal back on my madden 12 edits and he is signed up ready to go. we are looking for a few others who are willing to jump in and help the edit process. each team takes roughly an hour once you get the hang of it.

it would be nice to get a person to take on 2 divisions and pass it on so nobody gets burned out. once the roster is completed it would be cool to have an equipment guy to do the same.

for equipment we could break those down by divisions or teams also. but just to be clear for anyone wanting to help. this is a set editing process. there is no bias in how players are re rated. its a system and it really works.

i will now state the roster editing process.

first a few rules.

1. all physical attributes remain unchaged (strength, speed, THROW POWER, kick power, jumping etc)

2. agility is an exception to that rule. (see more below)

3. no rating shall be reduced below 25.

4. no traits shall be touched.

5. each player receives a minimum -10 in awareness

6. all offensive positions receive -10 in "release" and all defensive players receive -10 in "press" where applicable

**now, about that agility exception i was talking about... the first thing you you will do upon beginning to edit any player is look at that players agility rating. you will then either raise or lower that rating to match that current players acceleration rating.****

** the second very crucial step is to lower that players awareness rating 10 points. next, you see if he is veteran starter (im using veteran loosely, i mean if he is at least a 1 year pro) if that player is a veteran starter you are done.

~Starters are considered to be the teams top 3 wr, top 2 Dt's and top 2 middle linebackers.
~ if he is a veteran back up. take off another 5 awareness points
~if that player is a rookie. take off another 5 points (even if he is a starter)
~ the max any player should lose in awareness rating is 20 points.
~speaking of that. all free agents get -20 in awareness
~Kickers and punters are not included

okay now that you are done with those. its on to the players.

on offense all players receive -10 to all block ratings except tight ends and o line. they only receive -5 in each.

every player receives a -10 in all attributes that ARE NOT directly related to their position and -5 in each rating that does. i'll explain

~qb's receive a -5 rating in throwing accuracy, play action, short throw accuracy, mid, and deep and throw on the run....BUT they then receive a -10 in everything not directly related to them. carrying, elusiveness, juke. spin, stiff arm and all catching related ratings.

In an effort to tone down all the over powered players in the game.

Half backs and Full backs are considered running backs. and Tight Ends are considered An Offensive Lineman.

That means...

~running backs receive only a -5 for their carry rating along with juke, spin, stiff arm etc but get a -10 for catching, catch in traffic, spectacular catch, route running and anything blocking related.

~For wide receivers. it is the direct inverse. -5 in all catch related categories INCLUDING PRESS. and a -10 in all running back and blocking categories.

Offensive lineman AND TIGHT ENDS are quite simple. if they have a rating high enough to be reduced by 10 in either running back or wr categories. do it. if not...all you do is fix awareness, agility. and reduce all blocking categories by 5 and you are done.

Defensively
~ all defensive players get -5 in all defensive categories.
~ -5 in all catch related categories.
~ they also get -10 in all carry and juke, spin etc where applicable.

Kickers and Punters
~do nothing with awareness
~match agility to accel
~lower all kicking related categories -5 and anything else -10 if possible...
~all qb categories get reduced -20 if applicable.

well there you go, thats it. it sounds really complicated and confusing but honestly its a system and as soon as you get the hang of it teams can get done fairly quickly. right now i am working on just doing the raiders and broncos from the AFC west to post in roster share for those curious to see what it is like playing. i will announce when that is completed.

**Test File is UP!!** its broncos and raiders, file name is called "os comm roster edits test"

please let me know in comments below if you are willing to help or interested in this. and if so what division you would like to do and when you can do it. we need to get this in a set order so people are not editing at the same time. nothing is worse than wasted work. thanks guys!!

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 08-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Community PS3 re-rated roster.

is there an editor???? for the ps3???? I thought only 360 had one??? was just curious to how contracts would be done without one?
Old 08-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

no edit that I know of.....

u have to go in an manually edit each players contract

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 08-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
no edit that I know of.....

u have to go in an manually edit each players contract

how u do that im on the contract info page for Brandon weeden and I don't see anywhere to click to change his contract???
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7
I believe the only way to edit salaries as well as ratings is in exhibition mode. Then once you make the changes to the roster, import it when starting a CCM. I was disappointed to see you can't edit the most important stuff within a CCM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7
Schnaidt1,

I'm not sure I will be buying the PS3 version. I like how the Xbox plays better. But if I decide to, I will definitely help you out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

yea. ... I'm wrong. ... no way to edit the contacts. ...

im still looking for help doing these rosters tho. ..

im 10 min away from having the broncos done as well so ppl can play test games with broncos vs Raiders

Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

test roster is now up!!

file name is

os comm roster edits test

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »