Home

Legends Roster (360)

This is a discussion on Legends Roster (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #33
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Legends Roster (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets28
Sounds good ndavis. I think with as many cyberfaces as you can get this will be top all time roster out.
No disrespect but proper ratings is what makes the game great not cyber faces.

You can have all the cyber faces you want but a roster file with proper player ratings that show up on the field during gameplay will always be more important than face pictures.

Other than seeing the portrait when they show the starting lineups for like 5 seconds the faces are pretty much not a big deal during the actual gameplay.
Westview Basketball #33
Old 09-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
Rookie

nyjets28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
No disrespect but proper ratings is what makes the game great not cyber faces.

You can have all the cyber faces you want but a roster file with proper player ratings that show up on the field during gameplay will always be more important than face pictures.

Other than seeing the portrait when they show the starting lineups for like 5 seconds the faces are pretty much not a big deal during the actual gameplay.
I for sure agree. That's a must. Just saying to have the actual player cards is a bonus.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
Rookie

Ndavis8's Arena

OVR: 0

Westview, I gave the legends the stats that were given to them from the Canton Team. That was just to allow people to play with the legends who should have been in the game in the first place. I did no edits of my own. My personal roster will add more players and adjust their equipment and ratings accordingly to fit each player's style and performance as best as I can. If you have some ideas on how ratings should be I would welcome your input.

NYJets28, thanks for the support and if there is anything I need help on I will let you know.

To everyone else I appreciate the continued support on the Legends Roster I uploaded and will work diligently on my personal one and keep you updated as well as welcome any request, advice or assistance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
Rookie

Great job NDavis.. I look forward to your rosters... Do you know when your next one is gonna drop, and who are you putting on it???
Old 09-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Pro

NDavis, I can't begin to tell you how amazing your roster sets are...as a lifelong 49ers fan, getting to play with Montana, Rice, etc (as well as having DeBartolo as my owner) with these graphics is a dream come true. Seriously man...mega props to you.

You mentioned requests, and I have one...although with the gifts given already, I feel bad even asking. It's not a large priority, and could certainly wait, but IF you get any free time could you possibly add Roger Craig or John Taylor to the Niners? Just having his photo during the lineups screen would be enough if you couldn't give him a gameface. Not sure how it works on your end.

Like I said, this is LOW priority, and certainly shouldn't come before actual Legend players. I only ask because in San Francisco, they already kinda are.

Thanks again for all you've done, these are truly amazing.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #38
Rookie

NDavis, great job on the roster. Me and my friends have been creating generic legends for years on Madden. Good to be able to use real cyber faces. I wanted to suggest getting some of these linemen in the game too. I know sometimes we concentrate more on the skill and glamour players. If its possible it would be good to see Jonathan Ogden, Jackie Slater, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Orlando Pace and other great all time lineman added in your roster. I think Gene Upshaw was the only all time lineman I saw in your roster. We have been using stat lines from back when they had all time teams in previous versions of Madden. Madden 03 for example had stats for these great players. For example, if you are looking for Darrell Green from Redskins his skills line is in that game minus some of the newer skill stats added in later Maddens. But once again great job on the rosters.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #39
Rookie

Ndavis8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwrestler11
Great job NDavis.. I look forward to your rosters... Do you know when your next one is gonna drop, and who are you putting on it???
I don't have a set date for the next release but I will share what I have up soon. I just dont want any more bugs on these files so I will be making sure they run smoothly. The most recent additions were Eddie George, Marcus Allen, and Gale Sayers. With the new running mechanics I am adding as many running backs as possible. Ill be sure to add Ladanian Tomlinson before the next update as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
NDavis, I can't begin to tell you how amazing your roster sets are...as a lifelong 49ers fan, getting to play with Montana, Rice, etc (as well as having DeBartolo as my owner) with these graphics is a dream come true. Seriously man...mega props to you.

You mentioned requests, and I have one...although with the gifts given already, I feel bad even asking. It's not a large priority, and could certainly wait, but IF you get any free time could you possibly add Roger Craig or John Taylor to the Niners? Just having his photo during the lineups screen would be enough if you couldn't give him a gameface. Not sure how it works on your end.

Like I said, this is LOW priority, and certainly shouldn't come before actual Legend players. I only ask because in San Francisco, they already kinda are.

Thanks again for all you've done, these are truly amazing.
I will definitely try to add those guys in soon. I'm not sure they will have portraits because there are only so many out there but I will try my best. Glad to hear your praise it means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa7707
NDavis, great job on the roster. Me and my friends have been creating generic legends for years on Madden. Good to be able to use real cyber faces. I wanted to suggest getting some of these linemen in the game too. I know sometimes we concentrate more on the skill and glamour players. If its possible it would be good to see Jonathan Ogden, Jackie Slater, Anthony Munoz, Bruce Matthews, Orlando Pace and other great all time lineman added in your roster. I think Gene Upshaw was the only all time lineman I saw in your roster. We have been using stat lines from back when they had all time teams in previous versions of Madden. Madden 03 for example had stats for these great players. For example, if you are looking for Darrell Green from Redskins his skills line is in that game minus some of the newer skill stats added in later Maddens. But once again great job on the rosters.
Oh I am for sure going to add some of the lineman to the game. Larry Allen, Odgen, Pace, Walter Jones are all guys that I grew up watching so they will be added in soon. The others don't have portraits that I know of so I will decide if i want to give them portraits that look similar to them or just leave a black portrait. I know Madden 08 on PC had the Historic Teams that i use as a guideline for certain stats.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #40
Rookie

Ndavis8's Arena

This is a general question for everyone who uses these rosters. Do yal want me to move players in the game to their more respective team? Like sending Peyton back to Indy and Vick going to Atlanta? Or just to keep adding in players to stock roster? To move all the players around would take a day or two but could have a much greater nostalgia factor in my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »