Home

2013-2014 roster for Madden 12 inside (not M25 port)

This is a discussion on 2013-2014 roster for Madden 12 inside (not M25 port) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2013-2014 roster for Madden 12 inside (not M25 port)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
This is great PeoplesChampGB! I haven't had a chance to take a look at this final update yet but I know how much time and effort you've put into these preseason updates and so I say thank you very much good sir.

As far as a 25 port goes, I don't think one will happen anytime soon. Apparently the hex editors for 360 make everything much easier by allowing to copy and paste things back and forth. Apparently PS3 hex editing doesn't have this ability so it may be quite some time before anyone tackles the project.

So... there are usually quite a lot of roster moves after week 1 and 2 in the NFL. Perhaps we could get a few people together after week 3 to start on the (then current) roster moves and cuts and prepare to make this roster our most current Madden 12 roster for the remainder of the season in case a 25 port never gets done. Maybe we split up the divisions and make changes one at a time and add to each others roster updates after each division gets uploaded?

Also, I have been digging through old "Sliders" threads from M12 while I've been waiting for a roster port from 25 for the past few weeks. I'm thinking about starting a slider thread for 12 that sort of compiles all of the most popular slider sets that OS members had come up with. I never knew until recently that #1 Penalties affected actual gameplay (by a HUGE amount too), #2 that user and CPU Coaching Schemes in Franchise mode affect on-field gameplay (also by quite a lot which is why Play Now can give such different gameplay than a franchise game), #3 Game Speed + Threshold + Fatigue + Injuries + Substitions all combine to also drastically change gameplay even when using the same slider set. I always played on a barely modified All-Madden setting and found the gameplay to be one of the better iterations of Madden since the PS2/Xbox days. My only complaint about the default All-Madden setting was the CPU's psychic ability to always know what play you were running, regardless of whether you audibled or not, as well as the "super madden comeback/cheating" gameplay in the 4th quarter. But recently after combing and testing all of these different settings I've recently found (what I consider) possibly THE BEST GAMEPLAY OF ANY NFL FOOTBALL GAME EVER MADE on Madden 12. There is a range of slider settings that make the gameplay so much more realistic than default All-Pro or All-Madden that its laughable that Madden developers had all of the tools at their disposal to make a truly great NFL football experience in Madden 12, and then threw it all out the window to develop a "new" experience with Madden 13 and 25's "collision engine" and missing franchise features.

My opinion aside, is anyone out there interested in a thread like that over on the slider forum? I'd hate to waste my time posting all the different settings/sliders I've tested for Madden 12 if nobody ends up reading it or commenting on it... Maybe I'm just a tiny minority that feels Madden developers dropped the ball on M13/M25 when they already had one of the best football games ever made with Madden 12? I don't know, any input from anyone?
We could try every three weeks updating it, but I am telling you guys.......I got home from work at 5:00 and worked on them until about midnight every night for the first release and it still took me about four days to get it done. It was a load of work. But that was changing a 13 roster update with rookies and a few moves and converting it to a preseason roster. The first update would be a chore but afterwards it should be fairly simple. We would also need to make rules about practice squad player and injured reserve about if they are going to stay on the roster or get taken off.

Personally, I have made the "practice squad" rule back in the day when i would update madden 06 on the ps2 that practice squad players would go into free agency because technically they do not count against the 53 man roster and they can be signed onto any teams active squad at any time.

Lastly, I have come up with some sliders that work great with this roster file and I have been doing testing in franchise mode. I played one game with the sliders.....OAK (me) vs. BUF and I lost 29-21. The stats are on my dynasty page if you want to take a look. And if you want the sliders, I would gladly post what I am using.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 09-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #10
Just started!

I like it, great effort. The only bad thing I saw was a lot of players running the 40 yard dash in 4.4s or high 4.3s were 99 speed. I Kinda lowered everyone to a more realistic speed setting.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd say week 3 is a good place to start on this. Week 1 and 2 have a lot of flux with veterans being brought back in to teams after week 1 to avoid paying their full veteran contracts, plus guys get plucked from practice squads and others get cut and then picked back up for teams' practice squads. Because the rosters can be over 55+ players when you start a franchise I personally think we should keep practice squad guys on their team's roster. Otherwise they'll sit in free agent list while the CPU generates that many more F rated players that might end up making the team. My 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
I'd say week 3 is a good place to start on this. Week 1 and 2 have a lot of flux with veterans being brought back in to teams after week 1 to avoid paying their full veteran contracts, plus guys get plucked from practice squads and others get cut and then picked back up for teams' practice squads. Because the rosters can be over 55+ players when you start a franchise I personally think we should keep practice squad guys on their team's roster. Otherwise they'll sit in free agent list while the CPU generates that many more F rated players that might end up making the team. My 2 cents.
You bring up a real valid point. I agree.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Just started!

NS_brahma11's Arena

Quote:
This is great PeoplesChampGB! I haven't had a chance to take a look at this final update yet but I know how much time and effort you've put into these preseason updates and so I say thank you very much good sir.

As far as a 25 port goes, I don't think one will happen anytime soon. Apparently the hex editors for 360 make everything much easier by allowing to copy and paste things back and forth. Apparently PS3 hex editing doesn't have this ability so it may be quite some time before anyone tackles the project.

So... there are usually quite a lot of roster moves after week 1 and 2 in the NFL. Perhaps we could get a few people together after week 3 to start on the (then current) roster moves and cuts and prepare to make this roster our most current Madden 12 roster for the remainder of the season in case a 25 port never gets done. Maybe we split up the divisions and make changes one at a time and add to each others roster updates after each division gets uploaded?

Also, I have been digging through old "Sliders" threads from M12 while I've been waiting for a roster port from 25 for the past few weeks. I'm thinking about starting a slider thread for 12 that sort of compiles all of the most popular slider sets that OS members had come up with. I never knew until recently that #1 Penalties affected actual gameplay (by a HUGE amount too), #2 that user and CPU Coaching Schemes in Franchise mode affect on-field gameplay (also by quite a lot which is why Play Now can give such different gameplay than a franchise game), #3 Game Speed + Threshold + Fatigue + Injuries + Substitions all combine to also drastically change gameplay even when using the same slider set. I always played on a barely modified All-Madden setting and found the gameplay to be one of the better iterations of Madden since the PS2/Xbox days. My only complaint about the default All-Madden setting was the CPU's psychic ability to always know what play you were running, regardless of whether you audibled or not, as well as the "super madden comeback/cheating" gameplay in the 4th quarter. But recently after combing and testing all of these different settings I've recently found (what I consider) possibly THE BEST GAMEPLAY OF ANY NFL FOOTBALL GAME EVER MADE on Madden 12. There is a range of slider settings that make the gameplay so much more realistic than default All-Pro or All-Madden that its laughable that Madden developers had all of the tools at their disposal to make a truly great NFL football experience in Madden 12, and then threw it all out the window to develop a "new" experience with Madden 13 and 25's "collision engine" and missing franchise features.

My opinion aside, is anyone out there interested in a thread like that over on the slider forum? I'd hate to waste my time posting all the different settings/sliders I've tested for Madden 12 if nobody ends up reading it or commenting on it... Maybe I'm just a tiny minority that feels Madden developers dropped the ball on M13/M25 when they already had one of the best football games ever made with Madden 12? I don't know, any input from anyone?
I would be super interested in a thread like this!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #14
Pro

trey31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS_brahma11
I would be super interested in a thread like this!
Awesome! Check it out over HERE. I hope I didn't waste too much time on this. I know I can't be the only Madden 12 player still around... I just didn't like 13 and the tossing of standard features, and it mostly sounds like 25 is just a tweak of 13. Still seeing the bowling pin issues and the like too, not to mention the wrong teams celebrating the Super Bowl win (loss), the wrong player getting the SB MVP, Defense issues stopping the run, etc etc etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
I'm still playing M12. Never bought 13 due to all of the issues and don't plan on buying 25. I'd love to see the sliders you're talking about. I play coach mode and am still in search of some realistic sliders that actually reflect the players rating.
I would try the "Equal Based sliders" only, as your "user" controller inputs won't be affecting the outcome of plays in coach mode. I recommend trying my (green colored columns) "Equal Based" or "All-Pro Equal Based" sets. If those aren't your flavor, I also posted a png of a spreadsheet that shows dfos81, secelite, armyofone, playmakers which are all equal based sliders as well. Hopefully one of these sets helps you out.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Just started!

NS_brahma11's Arena

Quote:
Awesome! Check it out over HERE. I hope I didn't waste too much time on this. I know I can't be the only Madden 12 player still around... I just didn't like 13 and the tossing of standard features, and it mostly sounds like 25 is just a tweak of 13. Still seeing the bowling pin issues and the like too, not to mention the wrong teams celebrating the Super Bowl win (loss), the wrong player getting the SB MVP, Defense issues stopping the run, etc etc etc etc.

Yeah the Infinity Engine has made gameplay look really sloppy in 13 and 25, it seems so much smoother in NCAA. And in my opinion, Madden 12's franchise mode is head and shoulders above CCM. I'm sure franchise mode alone will cause a good number of people to stick with 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
Pro

trey31's Arena

Breakthrough on Madden 25 roster port! I'm testing right now but I think I've got one! Stay tuned!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »