Home

FBG Rated rosters for PS3

This is a discussion on FBG Rated rosters for PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FBG Rated rosters for PS3

Slightly off topic here, but i have been messing around with several different slider sets trying to find a good set to go with these rosters...

I am looking to get the tightest coverage possible on wrs, and also the best defensive line penetration
Both of those to go along with high QB % and less drops
Most sliders even default ones create far too many drops and egregiously errant throws on wide open WRs using these rosters.
WRs will routinely have 2-3 drops atleast each game
This is mostly due to the extremely low catch and QB ACC ratings that FBG assigns...
This is something rarely seen in the NFL these days, even the highest drop numbers for a player rarely exceed 1 per game and most incomplete passes are due to coverage/decision making/communication, not accuracy or WR catching

Im currently at:
Offside/FalseStart/Facemask/IntGround/RghPass all at 28
DPI/KPPI/Clipping/RghKicker all at 0
Holding at 42
OPI at 98

User and CPU:
QBACC/WRCTCH/REACT/PASSCVR all at 98 (still see the occasional drop or bad pass which is good)
PASSBLK/FMBL all at 28
RUNBLK at 42
INTs at 56 (still get plenty of drops by defensive players)
TCKL at 84

Normal/70
INJ/FTG : 45/55

Last edited by DerekHupp; 09-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #410
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekHupp
Slightly off topic here, but i have been messing around with several different slider sets trying to find a good set to go with these rosters...

I am looking to get the tightest coverage possible on wrs, and also the best defensive line penetration
Both of those to go along with high QB % and less drops
Most sliders even default ones create far too many drops and egregiously errant throws on wide open WRs using these rosters.
WRs will routinely have 2-3 drops atleast each game
This is mostly due to the extremely low catch and QB ACC ratings that FBG assigns...
This is something rarely seen in the NFL these days, even the highest drop numbers for a player rarely exceed 1 per game and most incomplete passes are due to coverage/decision making/communication, not accuracy or WR catching

Im currently at:
Offside/FalseStart/Facemask/IntGround/RghPass all at 28
DPI/KPPI/Clipping/RghKicker all at 0
Holding at 42
OPI at 98

User and CPU:
QBACC/WRCTCH/REACT/PASSCVR all at 98 (still see the occasional drop or bad pass which is good)
PASSBLK/FMBL all at 28
RUNBLK at 42
INTs at 56 (still get plenty of drops by defensive players)
TCKL at 84

Normal/70
INJ/FTG : 45/55
Hands down, Charter's. The ones featured on the madden menus.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #411
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Hands down, Charter's. The ones featured on the madden menus.
i have used Charters, KIDDZ, Tombas, BlueNinjas

As i stated in my post, my goal is less errant throws and less drops
With QB ACC that low and CTCH even at 50, combined with FBG very low ACC and CTCH ratings = lots of drops (6-8 atleast per game) and lots of wild throws even from the top QBs
I play with ATL and Julio cant catch a cold while Matty is throwing all over the place lookn more like Terrelle Pryor lol not a fun game to play and not very realistic, its the same for the CPU
I am trying for a more coverage/pass rush game

btw the advertising on this site is absolutely out of control, right now there is a cleveland clinic ad that blocks part of the site and no way to exit it ffs
yesterday everytime i went to a new thread or different page id get the WWZ trailer
wtf...

Last edited by DerekHupp; 09-19-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #412
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Best retired...You know that right? Same as Ryan Swopes
Best hasn't officially retired...
There's hope Swope (no s) gets cleared to play from his concussion issues some day, do you have him on the roster?

On the subject, you haven't seen my earlier Q, how did you figure out which players to add and how did you guys add them?

Back to your roster, you forgot editing a few Free Agents (top rated ones like Jacob Hester, Max Starks, etc...), not a critic -you guys do an awesome job- just trying to help.

Last edited by caballero; 09-20-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #413
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
i have used Charters, KIDDZ, Tombas, BlueNinjas

As i stated in my post, my goal is less errant throws and less drops
With QB ACC that low and CTCH even at 50, combined with FBG very low ACC and CTCH ratings = lots of drops (6-8 atleast per game) and lots of wild throws even from the top QBs
I play with ATL and Julio cant catch a cold while Matty is throwing all over the place lookn more like Terrelle Pryor lol not a fun game to play and not very realistic, its the same for the CPU
I am trying for a more coverage/pass rush game

btw the advertising on this site is absolutely out of control, right now there is a cleveland clinic ad that blocks part of the site and no way to exit it ffs
yesterday everytime i went to a new thread or different page id get the WWZ trailer
wtf...
I've actually taken a break from sliders and testing but, I can post the adjustments I made to my sliders for the FBG rosters. I'll post it Saturday. I actually raised user QB acc to 6 and CPU to 40. I raised pass block to 50 for both. Higher pass block helps accuracy too. I think catch is at. 50 for both. Run block is at 25 for the CPU. CPU pass coverage is 65 reaction and 50 coverage. User is 43 reaction and 40 coverage. I lowered Int's to 25 user and 28 CPU. I have fumble at 25 for both and tackle at 50 for both. I think that's it. I'm out of town so that is off the top if my head.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #414
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

You can also try 25 tackling for both and lowering fumbling to 5 for both. The fumble slider seems to work a lot like a RBA slider. Even at 1 I didn't see too many fumbles. Lower tackling helps there to be less big hits.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #415
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
You can also try 25 tackling for both and lowering fumbling to 5 for both. The fumble slider seems to work a lot like a RBA slider. Even at 1 I didn't see too many fumbles. Lower tackling helps there to be less big hits.
RBA?

Started a new thread for this:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-ratings.html

What are your thoughts on getting better pass coverage and a better pass rush?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #416
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
RBA?

Started a new thread for this:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-ratings.html

What are your thoughts on getting better pass coverage and a better pass rush?
When I keep pass coverage at about 50 and raise pass reaction to 60-75 it seems to also improve pass rush. This is all with default penalties. Pass reaction seems to have an affect on increasing reaction time for all defensive players in pass plays. But, if you keep raising pass coverage it kind of messes coverage up. It's almost like DB's over react. That's why coverage at 50 with higher reaction works. The reaction slider is not reversed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »