Home

Sim Stats for QBs AWFUL, Gameplay Good? Anyone else notice?

This is a discussion on Sim Stats for QBs AWFUL, Gameplay Good? Anyone else notice? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #97
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Stats for QBs AWFUL, Gameplay Good? Anyone else notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
Well for me i put the confidence and consistency up for the top QB's.
Confidence = hot or cold, the little fire or ice icon you see on each player each week. So the confidence rating is going to change week-to-week for each player based on how they did the week before. 3 = nothing, 1 or 2 = ice, 4 or 5 = fire, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #98
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I am adjusting defensive Players as well. I noticed Very quick, that EA tend to Overrate HIT POWER and make ALOT of guys Big Hitters.
Yes, and this leads to horrible tackling in gameplay because every player is going for (and missing, if you're playing on All-Madden) a big hit.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #99
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC
The league leaders in receptions was usually around 120 catches and about 1700 yards.
Yeah, the WR1 numbers are always really inflated when you do anything to up passing numbers for QBs. Regardless of if the WR2 is almost the same OVR rating as the WR1 or 20 points below, the WR1 will always significantly outperform the WR2. I think there would need to be a system in place to increase WR2 and even 3 ratings to make sure they get their fair share of the sim stats. This would be particularly important for a team like the Broncos, where you've got 3 WRs and a TE who are all putting up huge numbers. I'm willing to bet if you sim a season, you'll see something like 100, 60, 50, and 40 as the catch split between them when they should all be much closer to each other, and are probably pretty close to each other in OVR.

EDIT: I looked it up, and the Broncos have 5 players with 55+ catches. DT 86, Decker 83, Welker 73 (would be more without the concussions), JT 60, Moreno 55. The top four guys also have 12, 10, 10, and 12 TDs, respectively.

Last edited by RAVENOUS; 12-23-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #100
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENOUS
Yeah, wow, this thread. I'm in the process of trying to test how ratings affect the sim-engine so I can make a sim-based roster to compliment a lot of the phenomenal testing that is going on with gameplay ratings. Granted, I'm doing this for '12 cuz I have no interest in dropping cash on '13 or 25. I like roleplaying games too, but not in my football games, so no CCM for me, thankyouverymuch.

I already have a franchise file with all player and coach ratings edited to 0. I also want to equalize out all the traits, which is taking me a really long time since the roster editor has no option to globally edit those. I also have every single slider setting set to 0, with the exception of run/pass balance at 50 for each coach. Once it's all ready, I'll up each slider and each rating to 100 one at a time and sim a season to isolate which sliders/ratings have an impact on the sim engine, and eliminate those that don't. I can also upload the zeroed-out/equalized file so others who are interested can help with the testing.

Your point about QB sim stats hits the nail on the head for me, I hate them too and they're the most glaring thing I see when I look at end of season stats. For the past several years in the NFL, the top 10 QBs have exceeded 63% completion and 4,000 yards passing. In a Madden sim season, the top 1 QB will have 63% completion and exactly 4,000 yards, while the rest of the top 10 is stuck between 58-61% completion and 3,500+ yards.

Interesting find here. It seems that in NCAA, the sim-engine generates a list of 20 or so possible outcomes for each game, and then picks one, so it's likely that Madden works the same way. However, given that ratings-edited rosters have been giving such weird sim stats even compared to the crap base Madden rosters put out, it seems that we can still use modified player ratings to affect the "list of possible outcomes" generated by the sim engine. I also read in an NCAA thread, I forget where, that the ratings actually cap at 127, not 99, so it may be possible to get QBs with ACC > 99 to sim a 65-70% completion rate.
Try the Generic Editor for this. May take some sifting to find what Trait matches with the abbreviation but you should be able to globally edit from there. The thread is here Generic EA Roster Editor
Old 12-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #101
Rookie

RAVENOUS's Arena

Nice, thank you very much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I searched this dugged this topic up. I read and saw where you guys were changing ratings to get better stats but what about say year 2 and beyond what about the rookies? Also something I noticed is in real NFL its between 120-130 plays per game but in connected career its 160+ per game.
I just finished year 6 of my CFM after starting with an edited roster and the stats are starting to revert back to being terrible. No team had over 30 passing td's. One qb took 91 sacks! Pretty much a train wreck. I've heard you can edit ratings in the offseason so I may have to do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »