Home

Playmakers 1990's Classic Teams Rosters M25 (XBOX 360)

This is a discussion on Playmakers 1990's Classic Teams Rosters M25 (XBOX 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers 1990's Classic Teams Rosters M25 (XBOX 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
as you can see an updated file is needed... this message below is from Playmakers:

Uploaded 99 Seahawks

Key Players

LT-Walter Jones 94 Overall
DT-Cortez Kennedy 92 Overall
DE-Michael Sinclair 89 Overall
OLB-Chad Brown 87 Overall
WR-Sean Dawkins 85 Overall
WR-Joey Galloway 84 Overall
CB-Shawn Springs 83 Overall
what's up man....

I didn't even realize this thread was over here featuring the rosters.

Just so that everyone knows i'm finally down to just 1 team left to create for this file.

The 1990 Bengals.

It took me just a little over a year to create all teams mainly because i like to spend time researching as many players as possible looking for NFL combine information or scouting reports on them from the 1990's.

It is a very time consuming process but the end results is very satisfying for me.

Not all teams will be Super Bowl teams and I didn't use the best teams of the 90's for every franchise because there are some players that i wanted to have in the game for my own personal usage like Jerome Bettis and Sterling Sharpe which is why the 96 Steelers were choosen over the 95 Super Team and the 92 Packers were choosen over the 96 team.

The most recent update includes the 1989 Cleveland Browns

Key Players

Frank Minnifield-CB 93 Overall
Ozzie Newsome-TE 93 Overall
Hanford Dixon-CB 90 Overall
Bernie Kosar-QB 89 Overall
Michael Dean Perry-DT 87 Overall
Clay Matthews-OLB 87 Overall

This is a "1990's All Decade" file so with the exception of 1989 Cleveland & 2000 Baltimore all other teams will be based off the 90's decade only

****No Acceptions****

For those who are interested in Playbooks and a season review for each team created I will be creating a new thread entirely dedicated to the rosters with sliders and gameplay setup I've been using.

The playbooks wil be based on the actual playbooks for those teams in that era/season.

A couple of things with the roster file is that I tried to match the players with a guy who was of similiar size and age/year in the league at the time he played on his respective team. I'd say roughly about 80% of the players will be very close to being a perfect fit in that area (Height/Weight/Age) and 100% of the players will have correct school and hometown listed based on research.

I only use EA's ratings to deterimine player speed attributes as a last resort only because their way of rating players inflates the rosters and usually they will rate a slow guy as a burner just because he put up great stats.

And example of this is Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith or Michael Irvin.......

Through research I was able to locate information on many players who participated in the NFL scouting combine during the 90's and speed ratings were adjusted to fit those results so not every HOF Player or Pro Bowl player will be given a high speed, acceleration or agility rating just because he was stud back in his day.

So I focused on skill ratings to try and capture that player(s) Tendencies on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 03-01-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »