Home

Cursives classic rosters converted to PS3 M25

This is a discussion on Cursives classic rosters converted to PS3 M25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #65
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cursives classic rosters converted to PS3 M25

Someone did come up with an '83 roster. That someone is on the F-F website.

It's humorous how people are just porting rosters over from other sites and taking credit for hard work they really didn't do.

Enjoy the rosters. That's the idea, obviously. But at least credit the people who's backs your standing on.

Rysumm is the only original in this bunch from what I've seen so far. The rest of the rosters here are courtesy of Xan and Football-Freaks.

Last edited by AaronS444; 10-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Someone did come up with an '83 roster. That someone is on the F-F website.

It's humorous how people are just porting rosters over from other sites and taking credit for hard work they really didn't do.

Enjoy the rosters. That's the idea, obviously. But at least credit the people who's backs your standing on.

Rysumm is the only original in this bunch from what I've seen so far. The rest of the rosters here are courtesy of Football-Freaks.
Funny, I've stated multiple times that the 1986 and 1995 rosters were converted from Madden 08 on PC that someone else created; same with the draft classes. My 1990, 2002, and 2005 rosters are all original. I wouldn't want to take credit for how those other two rosters came out, as they conversion took a lot of extra time to clean up the difference. I am very familiar with FF and have actually created some of my own draft classes for the PC version and posted them their when it was an actual site instead of the wiki that's up now.

Maybe look a little harder and some of the posts here before you try to call people out. A lot of good work was done for Madden 08, but it doesn't compare to what we would like to do here.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

If you are not here to help, or come up with your own rosters...go back to Madden on the PC.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #68
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

OVR: 1

I would love to take credit for lots of things but this is a community helping a community. I can't take credit for all the work I post as I have mentioned previously Cursive did a ton of work on these rosters getting them over to the consoles. I am grateful because it makes our lives easier. And as buggy as they may be we still have them and can improve on them but they never would have been here if it weren't for FF community and Cursive. These rosters give us a great base to start with.

With that being said the 1990 season roster is coming along nicely and I think this will end up being the best rosters posted to date. I have seven teams left I'm just going through making sure everyone has accurate equipment for that period of time and making some skin color adjustments. It sounds easy but takes a lot more time than one might think, I can usually get done two teams a day.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #69
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
If you are not here to help, or come up with your own rosters...go back to Madden on the PC.
Nice attitude. Exactly what I expected from you as well.

Some interesting nuggets in your other post too.

You claim your rosters are all original. What do you think '95 was? Pulled out of thin air? I created every single player in that roster. I'll never admit to how many hours I spent on that project beacuse it reveals I have no life. Can you say the same of the port your were able to do thanks to Xan?.. Then you blast how the conversion turned out. Yet you had no problem calling it "my" roster upon release.

Ditto 1986. As much or more time was put into that, I promise you. Probably much more as I don't give a hoot about equipment, so 1995 lacks that.

I hope people like you are not the future of the modding community.

In it's brief history thusfar, people have behaved with alot more decency and respect.

Last edited by AaronS444; 10-15-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #70
Banned

AaronS444's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Maybe look a little harder and some of the posts here before you try to call people out. A lot of good work was done for Madden 08, but it doesn't compare to what we would like to do here.
I'd suggest you do the same, but FF is gone and you can't read about the guys like JD and NZA and the others who did the REAL heavy lifting related to editing Madden.

Their work is lost, sadly.

Credit is owed where its due. And IMO, you really aren't giving.

Last edited by AaronS444; 10-14-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 3

we all appreciate anyone who had nay hand in making these rosters. Does anyone have a complete list of classic rosters available? In particular ones without freeze issues? I had an issue with 05 rosters freezing on xbox 360, does that problem carry over to ps3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #72
Rookie

Rysumm's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS444
Nice attitude. Exactly what I expected from you as well.

Problem is, I have helped.

That 1995 roster is more mine than yours. I guarantee I spent more time on it than you did. Yet you always refer to it as "my" roster.

Ditto 1986. As much or more time was put into that, I promise you. Yet what do you refer to it as?
My apologies AaronS444 it's my fault I started this thread and gave credit to Cursive solely because I was not aware or possibly forgot that there were more hands in the creation of these rosters which took place sometime last year. I should have gone back to that thread to get names of those responsible to give credit were credit is due.

I just remember Cursives original thread and work but you have jogged my memory and I do remember your handy work involved with these last year as well. I will be sure to mention you in future as a contributor for these rosters. I know it's tough when you put in a ton of hours to make a roster and then see other people getting credit for them. People have tried to do that with my 1993 roster on PS3 from time to time. If you could please gather a list of rosters you made or worked on I would greatly appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »