Home

Updating FBG Rosters

This is a discussion on Updating FBG Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Rookie

MikeyDowlz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Updating FBG Rosters

Will Hill from the Giants is rated an overall 44 by them, this kid is an emerging star in my opinion. I'll just stick with the EA Rosters, good lord!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
Rookie

williamsa9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanitoliver415
im gonna help get this done faster i want to see how the rookies play so bad lol im uploading your new fbg file and will work on the seahawks ill let you know when im done
The FBG site is going through some changes so it's best to hold off on the re rates till they are done
Old 02-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
Rookie

williamsa9's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDowlz
Will Hill from the Giants is rated an overall 44 by them, this kid is an emerging star in my opinion. I'll just stick with the EA Rosters, good lord!
There is a reason he is rated at 44, an injury perhaps? In comparison Tony Romo is rated as 44 due to an injury
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I wouldn't call 66 tackles, 2 INT, and 1 FR along with an arrest and a four game suspension in one season indicative of an "emerging star".
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 02-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #13
Rookie

MikeyDowlz's Arena

What are you basing that off? Stats don't tell the whole story here, he didn't start until midway during the season after serving his suspension, but came on very strong to finish the season. Did you actually watch any Giants games this year? Because I never miss a snap okay? This kid has plenty of talent. In fact Pro Football Focus had him ranked in their top 5 safeties in the ENTIRE League. And No he is not injured in any way.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
What are you basing that off? Stats don't tell the whole story here, he didn't start until midway during the season after serving his suspension, but came on very strong to finish the season. Did you actually watch any Giants games this year? Because I never miss a snap okay? This kid has plenty of talent. In fact Pro Football Focus had him ranked in their top 5 safeties in the ENTIRE League. And No he is not injured in any way.
I don't watch all of the games. I do not Youtube scout either. The NFL scouts that provide the data to the site do, however. PFF doesn't tell the entire story either. FBG Ratings base their player ratings off of a player's ABILITY, not PRODUCTION. Production is the byproduct of a multitude of individual factors that play out on any given play. If you look at Hill's individual abilities at present, he is marginal at best. He lacks long speed, overall coverage skills, and the ability to diagnose a play on a regular, proven basis.

The reason his OVR dropped so far down is due to his off-field issues. Now, if his unseating of Mundy is to be permanent (keep in mind that Ourlads had him listed as a backup all season at every archive date) and he keeps his nose clean, then he will rise up. But it has to be CONSISTENT in order to warrant a ratings increase. His physical shortcomings, like his SPD, cannot be altered as easily. Physically, he pretty much is what he is.

I recommend you read the FBG thread to get a better idea as to how we rate players and don't abide to Youtube scouts or fan input. We prefer to stay as unbiased as possible, utilizing only the scouting data we have to alter our ratings.
NFL Scout

Old 02-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #15
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

As a Browns fan, I'd like to know why Josh Gordon and Joe Haden are ranked in the low 80's ratings. Is it to help with gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #16
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
As a Browns fan, I'd like to know why Josh Gordon and Joe Haden are ranked in the low 80's ratings. Is it to help with gameplay?
83 and 82 are pretty good scores. Especially for a kid like Gordon who only has one good year under his belt. Neither are "ellite" players right now (90+), but both have the potential to be considering they are still quite young. Neither are elite, physically, which will hold them back a bit potentially. Both also have a lot of room to grow technically. Considering there are fewer than 500 players rated over an 80, those are not bad scores.

I think people get sucked into EA's way of rating players too much...everything over 90 for just about the entire league. The scouting data illustrates a different picture: elite talent and skill is rare.
NFL Scout

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »