Home

Omega's 2014 Offseason/Rookies Roster Ratings Adjustments

This is a discussion on Omega's 2014 Offseason/Rookies Roster Ratings Adjustments within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Omega's 2014 Offseason/Rookies Roster Ratings Adjustments

Hey guys, Omega's 2014 NFL Draft/Offseason Roster is available on 360 now. All credit goes to him for putting in a lot of hard work to create pretty much every prospect expected to get draft and more. With that being said, I'm kind of nit-picky when it comes to ratings, so I've been going through all of the prospects and adjusting the ratings to better represent each prospects real skills and talents. I wanted all of the rookies to have ratings I was satisfied with so I figured if I'm putting in this much work to change all the ratings, might as well share them with anyone else who would like adjusted ratings for this roster file.

So far, I've adjusted all the offensive prospects I'm familiar with, and I'm working on defensive prospects right now (Currently about to start cornerbacks.) Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to edit EVERY single prospect in the game, mostly the ones that are expected to get drafted and the well known ones. This is still a large portion of the prospects though, and the one's I've left untouched are expected to be UDFAs.

I'm using various scouting reports found online, my knowledge from seeing some of these prospects play in real-life, how Madden has rated rookies in the past, and how the rookie prospects compare with the rest of the NFL players to calculate my ratings. Nothing can be perfect and I'm sure many of you will disagree with some of my ratings and that's fine, these will be available for further tweaking if you aren't satisfied. With that being said, I am also very open to suggestions and recommendations for ratings.

Once I'm done with my ratings tweaks, I'm going to test them out in franchise mode, see how the prospects play and develop over a few years, make necessary adjustments, then release a final roster and post it on here. Please use this thread for any comments or suggestions for ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
MVP

sjoh007's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Omega's 2014 Offseason/Rookies Roster Ratings Adjustments

going over roster now will post some thoughts in a bit
Old 03-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
MVP

sjoh007's Arena

OVR: 11

manziel to tall and too accurate
Old 03-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #4
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan12075
Hey guys, Omega's 2014 NFL Draft/Offseason Roster is available on 360 now. All credit goes to him for putting in a lot of hard work to create pretty much every prospect expected to get draft and more. With that being said, I'm kind of nit-picky when it comes to ratings, so I've been going through all of the prospects and adjusting the ratings to better represent each prospects real skills and talents. I wanted all of the rookies to have ratings I was satisfied with so I figured if I'm putting in this much work to change all the ratings, might as well share them with anyone else who would like adjusted ratings for this roster file.

So far, I've adjusted all the offensive prospects I'm familiar with, and I'm working on defensive prospects right now (Currently about to start cornerbacks.) Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to edit EVERY single prospect in the game, mostly the ones that are expected to get drafted and the well known ones. This is still a large portion of the prospects though, and the one's I've left untouched are expected to be UDFAs.

I'm using various scouting reports found online, my knowledge from seeing some of these prospects play in real-life, how Madden has rated rookies in the past, and how the rookie prospects compare with the rest of the NFL players to calculate my ratings. Nothing can be perfect and I'm sure many of you will disagree with some of my ratings and that's fine, these will be available for further tweaking if you aren't satisfied. With that being said, I am also very open to suggestions and recommendations for ratings.

Once I'm done with my ratings tweaks, I'm going to test them out in franchise mode, see how the prospects play and develop over a few years, make necessary adjustments, then release a final roster and post it on here. Please use this thread for any comments or suggestions for ratings.
b careful lowering these too much in cfm its adjusts and lowers ratings, in my file alot are dead on when u start a franchise just b careful they dont get lowered too low then none or the rookies will even get a chance to play and will b third stringers

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
b careful lowering these too much in cfm its adjusts and lowers ratings, in my file alot are dead on when u start a franchise just b careful they dont get lowered too low then none or the rookies will even get a chance to play and will b third stringers
I was worried about this when I first started editing the prospects. So far I think the ratings will be reasonable, and not much rookies get a chance to start right away anyway. I'll definitely test them out in franchise mode and simulate a few years before I release anything, and I can tick all the ratings up a tad if the ratings end up being too low. I'm finding that most of my first round prospects are in the mid to high 70s with the very top prospects in the low 80s. 2nd to 3rd round prospects are mostly in the low 70s, 4th-6th rounders in mid to high 60s, 7th rounders plus free agents are mid to low 60s and below.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

roman_back's Arena

does this have all the current up to date offseason roster moves, FA signings ect?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Evan, quick couple of questions, why is d.dennard a white guy(he's got a decent portrait but his in game model is white)? And also wondering why manziel arm strength is so much less then the other rookie's, when he clearly showed he had the best arm of all the rookies after their respective pro days. Great work btw...
Old 04-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman_back
does this have all the current up to date offseason roster moves, FA signings ect?
Unfortunately, no. I made this a few weeks back near the beginning of free agency. This is also based off of Omega's original offseason roster. I was able to put a few free agents on their new teams, but not every one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx718
Evan, quick couple of questions, why is d.dennard a white guy(he's got a decent portrait but his in game model is white)? And also wondering why manziel arm strength is so much less then the other rookie's, when he clearly showed he had the best arm of all the rookies after their respective pro days. Great work btw...
As I mentioned, this is based off Omega's offseason roster, the only thing I did was change ratings, so I'm not sure why he's white. Also, I did these ratings well before Manziel's pro day when his arm strength was a huge question mark. The next time I'm on Madden I'll look into the Dennard problem and I'll probably raise Manziel's arm strength a bit. Thanks for downloading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »