Home

Playmakers Madden 13 & 25 1990's Classic Team Rosters/Playbooks

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 13 & 25 1990's Classic Team Rosters/Playbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #33
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Playmakers Madden 13 & 25 1990's Classic Team Rosters/Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I haven't really developed any sliders for these rosters yet....

But I prefer Pro Level for Human vs CPU or coach mode my favorite style of play.

If you come up with something let me know it would save me a ton of time tweaking sliders when I get started on a season mode

I was using my All-Madden set and they seemed pretty good. Not the set on my thread but, one I'm using now. They are pretty challenging though I don't think they would be good for coach mode.

I actually thought your pro set that you did for the FBG rosters worked pretty good too. They seem like they would be pretty good for coach mode.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #34
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey PM, thanks for your hard work on these. Excited to use them. If there's anything glaring, do you want to know? Not ratings wise, just something like Vinny Testaverde having Tony Gonzales' pic in the profile?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I was using my All-Madden set and they seemed pretty good. Not the set on my thread but, one I'm using now. They are pretty challenging though I don't think they would be good for coach mode.

I actually thought your pro set that you did for the FBG rosters worked pretty good too. They seem like they would be pretty good for coach mode.
send me your setting via pm so i can test it out this weekend

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Hey PM, thanks for your hard work on these. Excited to use them. If there's anything glaring, do you want to know? Not ratings wise, just something like Vinny Testaverde having Tony Gonzales' pic in the profile?
yeah i tried to get the best picture plus size for each player and Tony G. was the guy i selected for Vinny plus his age on the file was a good match for the 98 Vinny led Jets who was mid 30's if I'm not mistaken.

It's a shame EA doesn't allow us to change player appearance in Madden so i tried to the best i could for most players without having to use blank portrait ID's

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM   #37
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
send me your setting via pm so i can test it out this weekend

Ok I will next time I get a chance
Old 04-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Not a huge change but for those who enjoy detail and research with created classic rosters.

I made some adjustments to the ratings of WR Lionel Manuel 1990 New York Giants based on information provided by his ex-teammate Phil McConkey

Reduced his speed from 82 down to 81 (4.60) increase his agility from 81 to 91 & increased Route Run from 82 to 92

Quote From McConkey
http://footballpros.com/content.php/...cator-of-Speed

"Phil McConkey - 03-17-2011 01:44 PM
The 40 is a very over rated stat when looking at WR's. We had a guy, Lionel Manuel, who ran in the 4.6's, but was tough to cover. He had a short stride and could make a 90 degree cut, at full speed, without slowing down, or chopping his feet. He gave no indications that he was going into, or coming out of a cut.

The cuts he made would blow out the knee or ankle of many WR's. Incredible. Another guy like him was Charlie Joiner."

Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #39
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Playmakers Madden 13 & 25 1990's Classic Team Rosters/Playbooks

Hey man I'm a big time Cowboys fan. Thomas Everett should be 27 not 31. 31 was Brock Marion. Maybe you could replace Curvin Richards with Lincoln Coleman since Richards is 27 and I think got cut before the playoffs.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Hey man I'm a big time Cowboys fan. Thomas Everett should be 27 not 31. 31 was Brock Marion. Maybe you could replace Curvin Richards with Lincoln Coleman since Richards is 27 and I think got cut before the playoffs.
That would be left up to the User remember it wasn't until the playoffs when Everett changed to #27 because Richards was still apart of the 92 roster all season long until Jimmy cut him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_...Dallas_Cowboys
In Everett' first season with the Cowboys he wore number 31 because reserve running back Curvin Richards wore number 27, the number Thomas wore for five seasons with the Steelers. When Richards was cut after the final regular season game in 1992 for fumbling, he changed his number to 27 for the playoffs.

Big Lincoln Coleman didn't play til the 93 season for the Cowboys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Coleman

Also, in order to stick with the integrity of the rosters based on that season I have to use Curvin Richards or else it put's them below the minimum roster requirement at RB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »