Home

M25 .xml for Generic Editor (xbox360)

This is a discussion on M25 .xml for Generic Editor (xbox360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: M25 .xml for Generic Editor (xbox360)

Madden 25 has new custom stadiums. I assigned these ID's to teams but in quickplay the midfield and enzones are just grayed out. Khalib for these custom stadiums can you make it possible for the teams midfield and endzones show up in these custom stadiums?

Also I agree with the previous post... it would be great to change the color for teams in the menus.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

What's with all the missing fields? There's so many missing from the regular generic editor. I mean, it's great that you re-labeled all the abbreviations but the generic editor is so much more in depth.

Catch in traffic, Team Overall, Injury, etc.

What's the thought process behind how you picked the tabs? They're extremely inefficient as well. I mean, you can't even change a players face, hometown, or college.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
What's with all the missing fields? There's so many missing from the regular generic editor. I mean, it's great that you re-labeled all the abbreviations but the generic editor is so much more in depth.

Catch in traffic, Team Overall, Injury, etc.

What's the thought process behind how you picked the tabs? They're extremely inefficient as well. I mean, you can't even change a players face, hometown, or college.
As I explained to several folk already, 3/4 of the stuff guys are trying to do through the various editors causes issues because graphic/audio stuff is being tampered with.

Player heads just causes issues when edited, point blank.
Also, it takes just one digit to be off, then the roster is freezing, then there goes another Q/A thread being created.

So this was just for those that wanted something basic and trying to get away from all the issues caused by trying to manipulate certain data fields.
Get some basic ratings changed, then jump into CCM without issues.

And most of that in-depth stuff outside of player ratings that folk are trying to manipulate will not carry over to CCM, and often not in balance with CCM drafts, so I saw no point in including those fields. (just leads to questions/problems)

Xan left his editor open source for anyone that wanted to do something different than what he released.
That also includes editing the .xml file if a person didn't like the .xml's that are posted.

So if there is something missing or a field a person prefers to have to edit, all they have to do is add it to their own .xml.

Last edited by khaliib; 04-11-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #12
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As I explained to several folk already, 3/4 of the stuff guys are trying to do through the various editors causes issues because graphic/audio stuff is being tampered with.

Player heads just causes issues when edited, point blank.
Also, it takes just one digit to be off, then the roster is freezing, then there goes another Q/A thread being created.

So this was just for those that wanted something basic and trying to get away from all the issues caused by trying to manipulate certain data fields.
Get some basic ratings changed, then jump into CCM without issues.

And most of that in-depth stuff outside of player ratings that folk are trying to manipulate will not carry over to CCM, and often not in balance with CCM drafts, so I saw no point in including those fields. (just leads to questions/problems)

Xan left his editor open source for anyone that wanted to do something different than what he released.
That also includes editing the .xml file if a person didn't like the .xml's that are posted.

So if there is something missing or a field a person prefers to have to edit, all they have to do is add it to their own .xml.
As someone who has been editing files since it became possible.. all these issues you speak of are news to me. At least in the context of using an editor completely compatible with that years game.

I have been editing heads and faces for years and not experienced any issues. The only issue I ran into was when using the M12 editor on M13 or M25, it didn't account for the new gloves, helmets, and facemasks, so it defaulted them. But that is an easy fix with the generic editor.

If there's some other glitch I have just been naive to.. let me know, so that I can find a fix.

I have had my fair share of issues with freezing and glitching, myself and I've edited just about everything you can edit since the generic editor was released. Every single time it has been user error, in my experience. If you keep your edits simple it all works out.

I don't see how excluding the Injury or Catch in Traffic attribute fields is avoiding any glitching issues since it has relatively the same mechanics as the rest of the attributes.

Again, let me say I'm not trying to be disrespectful, or anything, because this xml is truly a god send for the newer editors. But I think a few minor additions/retractions could potentially replace the M12 editor all together. I know that you have been digging through the code for a long time, which is highly commendable as well.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

hope also a future .xml version will include the sound of QB voices, cadences you can assign/change for QBs. In recreating/making QBs it be nice to give their audibling a certain sound/voice.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #14
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Getting this message any suggestions??

"Un handled exception has occurred in app..bottom line says

"Data at the root level is invalid line 1 position 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

PS3 files can be done??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »