Home

Madden 25 roster update as of 9/1 PS3

This is a discussion on Madden 25 roster update as of 9/1 PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #17
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 25 roster update as of 9/1 PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
thank you - very useful. i just read you'll be putting about a bigger update soon so i'll wait for that & download it.

a new question: you mentioned PS players (oh why hasn't EA given us a PS?). does this mean you have assigned the right PS to a team's roster, but cut the other players that the teams have not kept?

also, would you like some niner insight?
What i mean by signing PS players to teams is that i signed them to the normal squad , when starting CFM most (if not all) teams will have more than 53 players so you will have to decide who to cut yourself , i myself write a list for every team's lowest rated players for positions with most depth before starting CFM and i cut them like that (cause CFM ratings are messed as we all probably know) . 49ers insight is welcome since i didnt watch pre season at all .

Also another thing to note is that this roster will be in full power only when the season starts and probably after that , so around week 2-3 since im most interested in updating accessories for all players and keeping the roster itself up to date , i will also update ratings for some of the best performing/underperforming players but thats not my priority , priority is correct gear , correct visual looks and correct positions for most players .

This update that i just did wont include wonders , i just added some players from free agents to teams (players who are on Practice squads in real life) and few other visual changes like lighter skin tone for Doug Martin and face changes to M.Johnson and Foster from bucs . Probably few other minor things that i forgot that i did already lol .

Few things i need to know before releasing this update , do you guys play a lot of Play Now ? I dont play it myself cause i only play CFM and since depth charts reset in CFM i havnt done depth charts for this roster yet and i would do it if a lot of people care about Play Now .

Secondly because displayed player ratings in CFM are incorrect for the most part i have a Excel document made by myself with depth charts for all teams , this is only really useful if you play 32 team CFM but if you want it i can upload it too . Other than that update is ready and i can upload it right now if you are eager to start cause other than depth charts i dont have much to update until the season begins.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
What i mean by signing PS players to teams is that i signed them to the normal squad , when starting CFM most (if not all) teams will have more than 53 players so you will have to decide who to cut yourself , i myself write a list for every team's lowest rated players for positions with most depth before starting CFM and i cut them like that (cause CFM ratings are messed as we all probably know) . 49ers insight is welcome since i didnt watch pre season at all .

Any chance you could upload that list? That would be very helpful

Few things i need to know before releasing this update , do you guys play a lot of Play Now ? I dont play it myself cause i only play CFM and since depth charts reset in CFM i havnt done depth charts for this roster yet and i would do it if a lot of people care about Play Now .

Only CFM here. Games have to have consequences (losses actually sticking) for me.

Secondly because displayed player ratings in CFM are incorrect for the most part i have a Excel document made by myself with depth charts for all teams , this is only really useful if you play 32 team CFM but if you want it i can upload it too . Other than that update is ready and i can upload it right now if you are eager to start cause other than depth charts i dont have much to update until the season begins.

32 team control for me. As far as I'm concerned it's the only possible way to make CFM believable given EA's horrendous engine.

And one other personal trick - I also write down ratings/create a player the top QBs who inexplicably retire - the Brady's, Peyton's and Brees' - and leave them sitting in FA until I can pop them in to replace.

Last edited by chargersfan21; 09-03-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
What i mean by signing PS players to teams is that i signed them to the normal squad , when starting CFM most (if not all) teams will have more than 53 players so you will have to decide who to cut yourself , i myself write a list for every team's lowest rated players for positions with most depth before starting CFM and i cut them like that (cause CFM ratings are messed as we all probably know).
yeah, that’s what i figured you would be doing.

Quote:
49ers insight is welcome since i didnt watch pre season at all.
no problem. will do some noted for you.

Quote:
another thing to note is that this roster will be in full power only when the season starts and probably after that , so around week 2-3 since im most interested in updating accessories for all players and keeping the roster itself up to date , i will also update ratings for some of the best performing/underperforming players but thats not my priority , priority is correct gear , correct visual looks and correct positions for most players.
that’s ok. i sully start a CFM and then restart one a few weeks in to pick up that kind of thing with my own small updates.

also, many of player that rondo had will still be the same?

Quote:
This update that i just did wont include wonders , i just added some players from free agents to teams (players who are on Practice squads in real life) and few other visual changes like lighter skin tone for Doug Martin and face changes to M.Johnson and Foster from bucs . Probably few other minor things that i forgot that i did already lol .
i have some of these changes for you regarding the niners.

Quote:
i rarely do “play now” but sometime i kicked my nephew’s *** at it.

Quote:
i don’t really understand this point.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargersfan21
And one other personal trick - I also write down ratings/create a player the top QBs who inexplicably retire - the Brady's, Peyton's and Brees' - and leave them sitting in FA until I can pop them in to replace.
how do you make the control all 32 teams work? isn't it hugely time consuming? any way you could outline how you do it and any tips?
Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #21
MVP

is it possible to change players' weights?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #22
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
i don’t really understand this point.
That only applies if you control all 32 teams in your CFM , since ratings displayed in CFM are wrong depth charts for all the teams get messed up too because of that so i just have an excel document with how depth charts should really be for all teams and when i start my new CFM i just open that document on my PC and adjust depth charts for all teams with the help of it .

Once again i can release the update now or i can wait for the suggestions on 49ers if you guys dont mind waiting .

Also someone asked if these rosters have as much face changes as Rondo's and i can honestly say no even though i never used Rondo's roster , so far these rosters only have hair/face/skintone changes to more well known players or players that i noticed when playing against certain teams but then again i will be constantly updating this cause like i said before my main goal with these rosters is to get best visual experience aka players having correct gear , skin tones , hairstyles , faces .
Old 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #23
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
is it possible to change players' weights?
Yes .
Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #24
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
how do you make the control all 32 teams work? isn't it hugely time consuming? any way you could outline how you do it and any tips?
Controlling 32 teams is easy but depends on how much control do you wanna have , i only do cuts and depth charts for all the teams and after that i set them to autopilot till the next preseason .
Now those 2 things (depth charts and cuts) take quite a bit of time but for me its worth it . It takes like 2-6 hours to set depth charts and make cuts for all the teams and i already said how i do it . For cuts i write down lowest overall players in positions with most depth for each team , for depth charts i have excel document that i made myself so i can quickly look who really should be starting at what position for each team , it might not make the process itself quicker but its more rewarding since you will have worst players cut from every team and best players starting for each team. Also once you are done with all the cuts and depth charts make a separate save file before going into regular season week 1 so you can load it anytime you want and start CFM with different team if you do that you will only need to restart CFM and re do all the boring and long process if rosters are severely outdated .
Like i said before if you guys are interested in depth chart document and my cut list i can upload it here.

Last edited by lisinas; 09-03-2014 at 01:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »