Home

Updated Madden 25 Draft Classes PS3 (2015-2018)

This is a discussion on Updated Madden 25 Draft Classes PS3 (2015-2018) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Updated Madden 25 Draft Classes PS3 (2015-2018)

Introduction
Alright, without further ado, Guru’s Madden 25 Updated Draft Classes for PS3 ONLY. These draft classes are based off of the PS3 Community Roster. I am almost certain these can not be converted over to 360. These may not be reproduced without my permission, doing so can result in flagged posts and (I’d hope) mod discipline. My apologies for not getting this done sooner, some real life stuff came up last week that delayed the release.

The files below contain (in that order), my first version of 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 draft classes. There is no 2019 class as of now as some true freshmen transferred and because of my OCD, I'd like guys like Da’Shawn Hand on Alabama, instead of Vandy. I’ll get one up in a few weeks once I can work around this. As always, things change each time you load a draft class, so if you are unhappy with a class one time, quit the CFM and try again until you get it how you like. I have been informed draft projections (what you get during scouting), are largely incorrect in terms of where the players are actually drafted. (Thanks to Blitz1942 for figuring this out and informing me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942
In my experience, the projections meant practically nothing once the actual draft came up. Though upwards of 10 QBs would be projected to go in the 1st, a max of 5 actually would and the rest would be scattered from the 2nd to the 4th. Same thing happened with WRs for me, where 12 might be projected to go in the first, but only 3-4 actually would. A few of those WRs would even slide down into the late rounds or even go undrafted. Where I might only have 1-2 corners projected to go in the first, there might be 4-5 that were picked there. I might have 1 OT projected to go in the first (late first at that), and there'd be 4-5 that would be drafted there. I may not have a MLB projected for before the 4th, but there he'd go in the early/mid 2nd. In terms of where everyone was actually drafted, it seemed like what positions were drafted when worked itself out nicely. If you can get the actual prospects themselves into a decent order and only be maybe a round or so off their real life projected draft spot, you're pretty much set. Don't worry if you've got a few OTs projected for the 2nd, they'll probably go in the 1st. That #1 guard projected for the 4th will probably find his way into the mid 3rd or higher.

But there's where the main problem lies: Getting them into that realistic order. Since EA and Madden randomize the order of the draft classes so they're not identical each time they're loaded, it's very difficult to get them in the order you want. Your top picks should be fine, and your 7th/undrafted guys won't change much, but that 2nd to 6th round is absolute hell trying to get an accurate order. Short of spreading out the ratings to extreme lengths, I don't really know of a way you can fix the ordering.
What makes these draft classes unique?
This isn’t just your ordinary set of draft classes. This is unique in the fact it contains some of the top FCS/D-II/D-III prospects for the 2015 NFL Draft. I compiled this list based off of numerous sources, and I hand-picked the unanimous top small-school prospects from these sources. There will be 2 FCS underclassmen in the 2016 draft. (See spoiler if you want to know who they are.) These two are viewed as top 10-15 prospects at their respective positions next year). These FCS players' colleges should show up as "N/A" during scouting and the draft.

In addition to the FCS players, obviously our top FBS prospects have been forced into the 2015 draft and most should be first round prospects, if not for the most part 2nd-3rd rounders.

I am planning on updating every two weeks, as this first set is far from perfect, but from where I stand solid. So in that time span, please feel free to leave any suggestions as to who to add, drop, increase, decrease, etc. There are a few FCS guys who didn’t make the cut for some reason and I’ll work on adding them. Feel free to suggest a player to be added/dropped when it is appropriate to do so. Please keep in mind I, like 99% of the other people here, have a life, work and other obligations in my spare time. So I may not always stick to once every 2 week updates, please understand when this is the case.

I am looking for folks who are really good with draft classes to assist me in making these more accurate, especially when I don’t have time to. I have posted the roster I’ve used in my secondary PSN account, Kuechlyfan5940. With this you can take a look and help out, or adjust ratings on your own and make draft classes to your liking. I’m also all for hearing input, requesting players be added, dropped, increased, decreased, etc.

You will not find this type of draft class anywhere else but Operation Sports!

The following FBS underclassmen have been forced into the 2015 Draft:
Spoiler

And here are the FCS prospects (as of 10/5; *- denotes underclassman in 2016 draft)

Spoiler

These guys did not make the cut this time, but are on the game already and will be added in future versions:

Spoiler

Instructions on how to get these draft classes:
1. Download and unzip (open) the file(s)
2. Move the unzipped Folder onto a flash drive/thumb drive inside a folder entitled “PS3” (no quotations) then put it inside SAVEDATA section)
3. Plug the flash drive into your PS3
4. Go to Save Data Utility 2 spots above where you load the game.
5. Open flash drive on PS3
6. Copy the file(s) onto your PS3
7. Import during week 1 of your Madden CFM

Rinse and repeat for each draft class you use.

Thank you’s:

There are a few people I’d like to recognize for their help and support through this project.

I’d like to personally thank lisinas, creator of the M25 updated roster I have been using in my Boston Dynachise in Dynasty HQ, as he was the inspiration behind this idea. I’d also like to thank jerwoods and Blitz1942, who both gave me lots of helpful insight as to how the draft classes work and suggestions as to how to set it up. Major thanks to muckcity and his team of editors who allowed our NCAA roster to be updated as a draft, and thesportsguru11 (me), bigbob, Arrowhead29, vikesfan059, Jackster802, RandallB21 and K-Weezy-8 for polishing and perfecting the rosters used in this draft class project. Finally I would like to thank everyone else who will use and assist me on editing these classes and those who support the marvelous roster projects done on this site.

May last-gen Madden and NCAA forever live on!

Happy drafting!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS31159-DRAFT-GURU15.zip (1.80 MB, 886 views)
File Type: zip BLUS31159-DRAFT-GURU16.zip (1.80 MB, 521 views)
File Type: zip BLUS31159-DRAFT-GURU17.zip (1.80 MB, 446 views)
File Type: zip BLUS31159-DRAFT-GURU18.zip (1.80 MB, 469 views)

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 10-05-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Re: Updated Madden 25 Draft Classes PS3 (2015-2018)

Things to fix for next update:

Spoiler

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 10-05-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

You sir, are beautiful.

Thanks alot! Ill check them out tonight!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Amazing job guru, thanks !
Old 10-06-2014, 05:39 AM   #5
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
You sir, are beautiful.

Thanks alot! Ill check them out tonight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
Amazing job guru, thanks !
No prob guys. There are a few things that need to be fixed, the big ones being Alex Carter and Braxton Miller being in the wrong classes and Miller being almost the guaranteed top pick of the '17 draft, and I didn't notice this until I was 3 classes in, but other than that I think they are OK.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 02:02 AM   #6
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Not bad, but one MAJOR issue...

I know this isnt your fault and maybe nothing can be done about it, but its crazy how many QBs are coming out highly projected. I REimported like 3 times and in the top 20, there are always at least 7 QBs projected top 20, and the last time I did it, there was FREAKING 11!!! Im not blaming you...just EA's horrid programming.

Nice work, though. Seems like good draft classes aside from the projections.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:32 AM   #7
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Not bad, but one MAJOR issue...

I know this isnt your fault and maybe nothing can be done about it, but its crazy how many QBs are coming out highly projected. I REimported like 3 times and in the top 20, there are always at least 7 QBs projected top 20, and the last time I did it, there was FREAKING 11!!! Im not blaming you...just EA's horrid programming.

Nice work, though. Seems like good draft classes aside from the projections.
I linked the quote in the opening post that stated only a max of 5 were ACTUALLY drafted there. The majority of projections are largely crap when you get to the actual draft.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

followed your instructions. it didn't work. says "no files".

any ideas?

Last edited by ajra21; 10-07-2014 at 01:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »