Home

Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

This is a discussion on Why do people love Madden 12 so much? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why do people love Madden 12 so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
I still play for several reason ... (Xbox)
Ease of updating rosters and coaches.
I love playing "GM Mode"
I sign the coaches, handle the roster signings, cuts and drafts then put the game on Spectator Mode and watch the team I built play.

Something else I do, which I feel is very important - At the beginning of each season I go into the editor and change each teams playbook to match the Offensive and Defensive Cords Playbooks.
I noticed as coaches changed the teams playbooks never changed to match. Its easier then it sounds and when playing the same teams in your own division twice each season, it prevents it from feeling the same every time.

Ive also gone in and edited the coaches Run vs Pass playing.
Also adjusted Specialties. Found some OC's specialties were set to defense and Vice Versa for DC's
I believe I've figured out how to narrow it done even further. For example Champ Bailey is a DC for the Jags. I made his specialty DB's as the game for some reason made it Kickers...

Hope that helps

Cage

Players can really become coaches in franchise after they retire in madden 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

For me, the biggest draw is that 12 is the last iteration that allowed importing from NCAA Football. NCAA is an obviously superior football game; the gameplay is just way more fun. The GM mode in Madden vs the Dynasty mode in NCAA, ignoring gameplay, is roughly a wash. If you prefer Madden because it has the professionals I could understand that, but the actual gameplay is more fun in NCAA every year than in Madden.
It's nice to be able to import your players to Madden and play them there; without the connectivity I wouldn't even want to play Madden. I want to develop guys from college freshmen into NFLers. And if you want to make the game accurately, then it's imperative to have the import draft feature.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looking to start Madden 12 back up. I have searched the archives the best I can and need help if anyone can locate for me NCAA draft class imports for 2012, 13, 14, etc to import into 2012 for the draft portion, I would be eternally grateful.

This would be for PS3.

thanks

Last edited by Runwithscissors; 01-16-2015 at 01:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #12
Rookie

Would love love love a 2009 roster for Madden 12 PS3. Anybody got something like that kicking around?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
Rookie

M12 for ps3 has been very enjoyable for me,more so than M25 ever was. But, with the halftime show missing and to much repetitiveness with Gus Johnson I found myself wanting and needing something different.Guess you could say the old became the new for me when I purchase M10.Played with the sliders until they where right for me.Found about 70 classic teams in which I have downloaded.Also created another 15 to 20 classic teams to go along with them. Used the madden editor to change ages of players and change the names of some stadiums to fit the era in which the team played.have not figured out a way to play them in franchise though. I usually create a tournament bracket online and play that way.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Are there any 2012 era rosters for madden 12? Sounds like a dumb question but I can only find 2015
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-25-2016, 12:43 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
I still play for several reason ... (Xbox)
Ease of updating rosters and coaches.
I love playing "GM Mode"
I sign the coaches, handle the roster signings, cuts and drafts then put the game on Spectator Mode and watch the team I built play.

Something else I do, which I feel is very important - At the beginning of each season I go into the editor and change each teams playbook to match the Offensive and Defensive Cords Playbooks.
I noticed as coaches changed the teams playbooks never changed to match. Its easier then it sounds and when playing the same teams in your own division twice each season, it prevents it from feeling the same every time.

Hope that helps

Cage
But you can do all that in M25 also...?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #16
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
But you can do all that in M25 also...?
Bumping this because I just purchased Madden 12.

One thing you can't do in the current Maddens (without jumping through hoops) is control all 32 teams and SIMULATE (spectate) in franchise games. You have to pick one side or the other to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »