Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #33
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Forgot about the minimum contract button as I have never clicked it. Speed should be the same across the board. I haven't tested it but I have never noticed a difference.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

Update for those interested. Still lots of work to be done. Even the "better
classic rosters seemed to ignore accurate player equipment and most lower tier player ratings. I'm also not sure what is the deal with sevewral rosters having player ages at "15" years old. I want accurate equipment, years pro, and most important, ratings. This means alot of the work being done by scratch. If someone knows of a roster containing pre 2000 era legends that has accurate ratings and equipment/likeness, please let me know so i can save some time by importing those players.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-23-2016, 07:50 AM   #35
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Update for those interested. Still lots of work to be done. Even the "better
classic rosters seemed to ignore accurate player equipment and most lower tier player ratings. I'm also not sure what is the deal with sevewral rosters having player ages at "15" years old. I want accurate equipment, years pro, and most important, ratings. This means alot of the work being done by scratch. If someone knows of a roster containing pre 2000 era legends that has accurate ratings and equipment/likeness, please let me know so i can save some time by importing those players.
Have you checked out Playmakers 90's roster? The equipment and likeness are top notch. While I had to adjust a bunch of player ratings upwards to my liking, he put a lot of research into his ratings. Ratings are subjective though. Take Jerry Rice for example, Playmakers gave him a 79 speed rating, Madden gives him a 96 speed rating and I gave him a 90 speed rating on the classic roster that I'm working on. He ran somewhere between a 4.6-4.7 40 yard dash but he played faster than that on the field so I have him boosted higher than what his 40 would indicate. I'm not sure if the roster was converted to PS3 though. Even if it wasn't, you could still copy the ratings, gear and appearance for some players that you need help with. I downloaded only 3 or so classic rosters on here and that was the only one that really stood out.

Last edited by rplatypus; 04-23-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 05:35 AM   #36
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

I forgot to mention it and it's a really big deal but any default roster player Id that is not accounted for will appear in Cfm. For instance if you delete Peyton Manning from your roster and don't assign his original Id and player Id to someone else then Peyton Manning will still appear in your franchise mode. If you select Peyton Manning and choose replace (when you're importing players) instead of just deleting him, you will account for his Id's and Peyton won't appear in Cfm.

Sorry, I didn't mention it early, it slipped my mind completely. Hopefully you already knew this or you're not to far into your roster.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
Have you checked out Playmakers 90's roster? The equipment and likeness are top notch. While I had to adjust a bunch of player ratings upwards to my liking, he put a lot of research into his ratings. Ratings are subjective though. Take Jerry Rice for example, Playmakers gave him a 79 speed rating, Madden gives him a 96 speed rating and I gave him a 90 speed rating on the classic roster that I'm working on. He ran somewhere between a 4.6-4.7 40 yard dash but he played faster than that on the field so I have him boosted higher than what his 40 would indicate. I'm not sure if the roster was converted to PS3 though. Even if it wasn't, you could still copy the ratings, gear and appearance for some players that you need help with. I downloaded only 3 or so classic rosters on here and that was the only one that really stood out.

My rating philosophies seem closest to yours. I have prime Jerry topping out at 90 speed.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
I forgot to mention it and it's a really big deal but any default roster player Id that is not accounted for will appear in Cfm. For instance if you delete Peyton Manning from your roster and don't assign his original Id and player Id to someone else then Peyton Manning will still appear in your franchise mode. If you select Peyton Manning and choose replace (when you're importing players) instead of just deleting him, you will account for his Id's and Peyton won't appear in Cfm.

Sorry, I didn't mention it early, it slipped my mind completely. Hopefully you already knew this or you're not to far into your roster.

I don't believe this will be an issue. Thus far I've been able to do my work without deleting any players from the 1986 base. That roster did not have players like Peyton manning appearing when I test summed, so I believe that was already accounted for. Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-25-2016, 12:52 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I was able to grab his rosters yes
Old 04-26-2016, 05:35 AM   #40
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

So it looks like I'm going to have a bunch of duplicate players on my classic roster when I'm through with it and it will make it difficult to know which version you are signing in free agency when playing CFM. For Play Now it's fine but it will bug me like crazy in CFM. I'm thinking of keeping the original player with the name as is and then adding the team abbreviation to the last name of any additional duplicates.

For instance the 1998 Vikings version of Randy Moss would stay the same and the 2007 Patriots version would have NE added to his last name. It's either that or do it the Tecmo Bowl way. Keep the 1998 Randy Moss the same then change his name to WR Patriots for the 2007 version. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »