Home

It's time for a new classic roster

This is a discussion on It's time for a new classic roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:59 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: It's time for a new classic roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
Sounds like it's an individual player that is causing the freezing. Where is it freezing exactly? That could help narrow in on the culprit(s).

In my experience, it has to due with a player model that the game doesn't recognize. When I ported M16 to M15, I had the Colts and Bucs freezing on me (possibly more teams, but the Colts and Bucs are who I noticed) in different parts of the game. It would freeze if you tried to play with them in CFM, when checking the stats after simming a game and it would freeze during the second season while just simming the season. The teams worked in Play Now mode though.

It turned out that M16 introduced a new head code (503?) that wasn't recognized by M15. The head code was only added to about 8 players total and once I changed the head code to 0 like the rest of the roster, the freezing stopped. If you have any green faced players in your roster, they would be the likely culprit of the freezing.

Also any blank college info would result in glitching. M16 added some colleges that M15 didn't have and the college info appeared blank in game. I sorted the roster in game by last name and checked to see if there was a college listed. If the field was blank, I changed it to Abilene Christian since it was the first choice available. You can always change the college to N/A or None afterwards in the editor if you are a stickler for those type of things.

I don't have a PS3 or M25 so I can't load the game to a console to try to see where it's glitching. There are 36 players on your roster with a head code (PUHE) other than 0. These are the ones I think are most likely to be causing the glitch:

Wilber Marshall
Randall Cunningham
Mike Singletary
Tony Dorsett

In game, go to the roster management area, select the player and go to Edit Player. Check to see if any of those 4 guys have a green face. If they do, change their appearance.

BTW: What program did you use to transfer your roster? This is the first PS3 roster that I was able to just load up with Xanathol's editor without getting the Db/Mc02 error message.
The thing is bud, I didnt involve m16 or m15 at all. It was strictly a 1986 base roster downloaded from madden share, my own editing, and importing players from a 1990 roster. Almost a year of editing.

I am not able to view the roster AT ALL in the game----when i load it within the game, the screen goes black or locks the game up. In the editor, it loads just fine.

I also did not change any player faces, which confuses me even more.

Thanks so much for your help.

I use BruteForce to take the roster from my ps3 to hard drive to editor and back and fourth. I've always used this method and had no issues prior.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 03:46 PM   #66
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
The thing is bud, I didnt involve m16 or m15 at all. It was strictly a 1986 base roster downloaded from madden share, my own editing, and importing players from a 1990 roster. Almost a year of editing.

I am not able to view the roster AT ALL in the game----when i load it within the game, the screen goes black or locks the game up. In the editor, it loads just fine.

I also did not change any player faces, which confuses me even more.

Thanks so much for your help.

I use BruteForce to take the roster from my ps3 to hard drive to editor and back and fourth. I've always used this method and had no issues prior.
Ouch. Freezing immediately means the glitch is tied to the roster itself and not an individual player. It does sound like it originated from ordering the depth charts in the editor. It's a bit odd that a roster glitch is still there when exporting the players to a new roster but not unheard of. Some salary cap glitches (like a team $380 million over the cap) also stay when exporting all players.

There is only one other thing that might work but it is time consuming. Export the players on your 1987 roster individually and import/replace them in a fresh 1986 roster. This would eliminate all ties the players have to the 1987 roster. I have done this with teams that I have imported but never a whole roster. This method would likely take at least 4 hours. Sorry.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #67
MVP

I think I'm done for if thats the case. Time to let it go I guess. Im frustrated theres an option included in the editor that would render all my work useless with zero warning.

I know what your saying is correct, but I've been sitting here trying to figure out WHY having a set depth chart would glitch the roster. I mgoing through the depth chat, and it looks ordered correctly, players for every position, players on the right team as the depth chart. I don't get it.

Is there any depth chart button in the editor that DOESNT break the roster? Would "clear depth chart" work?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #68
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

I have never messed with the depth charts in the editor. If there is a clear depth charts button, press it. You really don't have anything to lose at this point.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:05 AM   #69
MVP

I will try this today
Old 08-31-2016, 01:59 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
I have never messed with the depth charts in the editor. If there is a clear depth charts button, press it. You really don't have anything to lose at this point.
Resetting the depth charts worked!!!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:49 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Resetting the depth charts worked!!!
any chance we can get a link here with the working file? Would love to play with these
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #72
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranjesyracuse
any chance we can get a link here with the working file? Would love to play with these
I don't think he ever finished them. You would have to PM him to get an answer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »