Home

Madden NFL Football 2016-17 for PS2

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Football 2016-17 for PS2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #9
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL Football 2016-17 for PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock

Did you by any chance sim a few years ahead in 06? Also, if it has the same issues as the last years rosters with off-season roster moves, etc, I'll just use the emulator like last time. For some reason the emulator was the best option for simulating the off-season without crashing.
I didnt test this on my PS2 console, as i was working on this thing on my computer while watching football all weekend on the TV the console is hooked to. Haha. I only used the emulator for trials. I went through a season and half with 06 and a couple seasons with 12. Madden 06 can be frustrating to use though, as the AI is a tad stupid, and one may run out of positional players so you may have to remove certain players from teams with more of that position like tackles. Id have to redo the database to add more, but it does work the way it is and should be improved after year one.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #10
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome24
Having some freezing issues with the new Madden 06 roster, not sure why. The 2015 roster and franchise loaded up fine.
Madden 06 roster freezes at the loading of the game or when you load manually? Any errors or anything? Console or emulator?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Unfortunately, the franchise hangs when I try to play games. I've tried Panthers/Broncos and Colts/Broncos.

Edit: I see it's just like last franchise file, for some reason I can only play certain teams. I'm currently playing Saints/Giants. I had this issue last time with Packer games, and possibly Panthers games.

This is using Madden 06 btw.

Last edited by Brock; 09-16-2016 at 01:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Using Madden 12 and having no issues so far. Will test more when I get time this weekend.

https://youtu.be/QxTS0FAF7io
Old 09-21-2016, 05:41 PM   #13
MVP

I'm still working on this, but I've uncovered two issues with the franchise file for 06 that I have fixed:
- You forgot to remove/fix coaches portraits, so it was causing it to crash when you tried to access the coaches strategy.
- The issues with the crashing when trying to play packers/panthers/etc was because of the stadium tab. I'm going to try to relocate the Rams (if it hasn't been done already, haven't checked don't know if I need to still do this in my franchise) the other stadiums have been renamed, I haven't touched the attendance yet, because I don't want the game to crash.

Only thing left to do is to add the schedule and possibly sim a few years ahead so that it doesn't crash like last seasons did. (This could possibly be cause of the schedule, I hope not though.)

Once I'm done I'll post the updated franchise file.

Last edited by Brock; 09-21-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #14
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I'm still working on this, but I've uncovered to issues with the franchise file for 06 that I have fixed:
- You forgot to remove/fix coaches portraits, so it was causing it to crash when you tried to access the coaches strategy.
- The issues with the crashing when trying to play packers/panthers/etc was because of the stadium tab. I'm going to try to relocate the Rams (if it hasn't been done already, haven't checked don't know if I need to still do this in my franchise) the other stadiums have been renamed, I haven't touched the attendance yet, because I don't want the game to crash.

Only thing left to do is to add the schedule and possibly sim a few years ahead so that it doesn't crash like last seasons did. (This could possibly be cause of the schedule, I hope not though.)

Once I'm done I'll post the updated franchise file.

Oh cool. Thanks. I think part of the problem was that it was a direct port (for the most part) of the PSP file, so some of the stuff may not correspond - like the stadium.

Sorry, I havent put in any time into the Madden series.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Oh cool. Thanks. I think part of the problem was that it was a direct port (for the most part) of the PSP file, so some of the stuff may not correspond - like the stadium.

Sorry, I havent put in any time into the Madden series.
No worries, we wouldn't have this at all if it weren't for you.

Was Bridgewater deleted on purpose?

Here's the updated files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 06 PS2 2016.zip (910.2 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Brock; 09-22-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Madden 06 roster freezes at the loading of the game or when you load manually? Any errors or anything? Console or emulator?
It's console and it freezes on the loading screen. Sorry haven't had internet at home for a while. I'll try cleaning my disc, because it froze with the default rosters too.

Last edited by jerome24; 09-27-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I didn't fully answer the question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »