Home

? about new update and injuries

This is a discussion on ? about new update and injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
Rookie

magic6's Arena

OVR: 2
? about new update and injuries

Maybe you guys know of a way around this...I like how the new roster update has the actual injuries in there, such as the many players who are "out for season". However there are several players who are not out for the season, just several games. In "real life" Michael Bennett is supposed to miss the first few games of the regular season, but in this game he is listed as being out for 2 games. Now when you go to start your franchise, he just misses the first 2 games of the preseason and is healthy and starting in week 1 of the regualar season. Maybe EA should have added 4 games on to all injuries to compensate for this. Anyone have suggestions, or even know what I'm talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: ? about new update and injuries

Damn good point!! I was wondering this as well and I think I have a half a@@ed solution to the problem! Lower both the toughness and injury ratings so that anybody could get hurt and won't come back for a while this usually works. Give guys 20 injury and 25 toughness and trust me ,they will get hurt and stay hurt....
Old 09-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
Damn good point!! I was wondering this as well and I think I have a half a@@ed solution to the problem! Lower both the toughness and injury ratings so that anybody could get hurt and won't come back for a while this usually works. Give guys 20 injury and 25 toughness and trust me ,they will get hurt and stay hurt....
He's not talking about guys getting hurt in the season. He's talking about EA's roster update and how they made it so guys have their real life injuries in the September 10th roster update.

Anyway, is there a way you can skip the preseason in franchise?
Old 09-19-2004, 11:36 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't think there is a way around this. One thing I did is turned off injuries and simmed pre-season so no one else would get hurt. It doesn't fix the problem but it does make it so no one else gets hurt.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:17 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Oh well, at least the guys who are out for the year will be out in the franchise and guys who are injured for a long time will still be out for a considerable amount of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2004, 02:29 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic6
Maybe you guys know of a way around this...I like how the new roster update has the actual injuries in there, such as the many players who are "out for season". However there are several players who are not out for the season, just several games. In "real life" Michael Bennett is supposed to miss the first few games of the regular season, but in this game he is listed as being out for 2 games. Now when you go to start your franchise, he just misses the first 2 games of the preseason and is healthy and starting in week 1 of the regualar season. Maybe EA should have added 4 games on to all injuries to compensate for this. Anyone have suggestions, or even know what I'm talking about?

not all the time its random sometimes he will be probable on the first and second week. That goes for anyone who is injured it really depends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »