Home

Madden 12 PS2 2020 ROSTER and FRANCHISE

This is a discussion on Madden 12 PS2 2020 ROSTER and FRANCHISE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #65
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 12 PS2 2020 ROSTER and FRANCHISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane23_
Honestly Im Some what familiar with the Editors I Just dont know how to use them i open my roster with the Editor and ty to save them by for example switching the Steve Smith's Helmet to a Revolution the save it and ill try to put it on my usb and transfer it to my console and it'll come up as Corrupt File. idk what to do I wanna to edit rosters So Freaking Bad Bro. its Not even funny anymore. can You just Teach me how or show me or send me a breakdown of what i need exactly to Get This Going. Or even send me an Email of this stuff. please Bro I Need This So Bad Put Me On !
I don't ever change helmets in the editors so it's possible the number associated with that helmet is not recognized by the game causing the issue.

Every item in Madden has a specific number in the game code, and MRE's format for Madden 08 so Madden 12's numbering system is most likely different than Madden 08.

Set up a player with the equipment you want extract the file open it up in Madden DB editor and export the file into a cvs and then look for that player and look to see what his number is in the equipment he is wearing.

Or edit the players in the actual game, I'm not to big on what equipment they are wearing as it doesn't effect the actual game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
You need the PS2 save editor I've attached to retrive the file from the actual PS2 .max file.
There is also picture to show you which file to extract for a PS2 save.

Once you've extracted the file you will need to add either .ros or .fra at the end of the file depending on if is a roster file you add .ros at the end if it's a franchise file you add .fra.

Also once you are done editing the files you will need to remove the .fra or .ros from the end of the file before putting the edited file bak into the ps2 save.

You also need to download the MaxDbEditor from football idiots otherwise you will need a hex editor as well to use Madden Db Editor 3.0 as PS2 files have 4 extra hexes in front of DB in there code and Madden Db Editor 3.0 cannot recognize that format.

Thanks for your help. I have done a lot of my editing. I was wondering, though: How do you put the edited roster back into the .max file? Also, how do you edit their main playbook (change it from 3-4 to 4-3, for example)?

Last edited by JBSptfn; 10-20-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mWolfe
You need the PS2 save editor I've attached to retrive the file from the actual PS2 .max file.
There is also picture to show you which file to extract for a PS2 save.

Once you've extracted the file you will need to add either .ros or .fra at the end of the file depending on if is a roster file you add .ros at the end if it's a franchise file you add .fra.

Also once you are done editing the files you will need to remove the .fra or .ros from the end of the file before putting the edited file bak into the ps2 save.

You also need to download the MaxDbEditor from football idiots otherwise you will need a hex editor as well to use Madden Db Editor 3.0 as PS2 files have 4 extra hexes in front of DB in there code and Madden Db Editor 3.0 cannot recognize that format.

I used the PS2 save converter to extract the file like you showed me. Then, after I made my edits, I saved them and took the .ros distinction away from the file.

However, I have a question: How do you put it back into the original .max file that you extracted it from? Do you use PS2 Save Converter, or the MaxDBEditor? A detailed description would be best.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #68
Rookie

You use PS2 save builder
Old 11-05-2020, 11:28 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobump
You use PS2 save builder

OK. You mean this, huh?

https://www.ps2savetools.com/download/ps2-save-builder/

So, I put the .ros file into the max editor, exported the .csv file, and made and saved my edits. I have some questions:

1. What do I do with the .csv file?

2. How do you use the save builder to put the .ros file that I edited (after I remove the .ros) back into the .max file that it was extracted from?
Old 11-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #70
Rookie

1. Don't know

2. right click, Add file, then select the edited roster, make sure that .ros is not in the name, match the name of that file with the BASLUS at the top of save editor, save, then all set with the max drive.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:58 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeshmd23
I would but I don't want to deal with headaches of it not working on your end. Send me a memory card with return postage paid and I'll set you up.
Alright i think i will do that just pm me the address i need and i will try to send it. I guess this is a great time to learn how to mail stuff the right way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #72
Rookie

Thanks bros for this update. I will continue update via PS2, I would like to learn and continues making update. Greetings!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »