Home

Old 01-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to fix the game.......

Check out what these guys have done to fix horrible ai and how they made the cpu run the ball.

" http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80344 "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How to fix the game.......

This is absolute genius stuff. I encourage everyone to do this. Really helps things and I think it will simplify the sliders because it fixes some playcalling issues. Come and see what they've done.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:30 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Yup, its amazing what these guys have done. It would be well worth it for ANYBODY who wants realism in their game, to read that thread.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Would you guys mind posting the fixes or whatever they did so we don't have to register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
Yup, its amazing what these guys have done. It would be well worth it for ANYBODY who wants realism in their game, to read that thread.
mman19
Old 01-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Would you guys mind posting the fixes or whatever they did so we don't have to register.

[quote]BritPitbul and Sm27's Madden 2005 "Manifesto".How to fix the game....
Table Of Contents for this Thread:

1. post 1) Overview and history of research, Brit's Sim Engine Research
2. post 2) Sm27's Explanation of the Formula for Fixing Gameplay
3. post 3) Sm27's Companion Sliders for use with "THE SYSTEM"
4. post 4) Detailed instructions on how to Implement "THE SYSTEM" into your own Franchise/Play Now/Tournament gameplay
5. post 5) What we need help with, what we are Currently Testing, Our Current Test "Model" and format for testing.
6. post 6) Abbreviated Coach's Chalkboard Quick Start Info
7. post 7) Abbreviated Coach's Chalkboard Quick Start Info,contd.
8. post 8) The "Bulletin Board",Quick access to current and future goals, discoveries, test results, findings, links to other valuable posts throughout the thread
9. post 9) Credits Thanks, Valuable MM Contributors.
10. post10) Downloads/test files/other valuable info.

***Keep Checking Post#8 "The Bulletin Board" for current events and the latest news and information pertaining to this topic***

Sm27:
As we approach the New Year, It should be Known by all those Maddenites that are sick and tired of an unrealistic representation of NFL football as portrayed in the Stock "Out Of The Box" EA Madden 2005 Video Football game, that a whole bunch of sick and hopelessly addicted MMers have been working for the past 4 weeks on a solution to unrealistic gameplay.

BritPitbul started an earlier thread called "The end of 1st aginst the run, 31st against the pass" that got so long and had such a great level of particiption, that it became necessary to start a new thread with a condensed History of the research thus far, and a refocused format for continuation into the areas that we were researching in that thread. That is the purpose of this thread.

I will try to as clearly as possible present to you

* A history of where we came from and how we have come to some of the conclusions that we have now
* A clear picture of the level of involvement of a lot of especially dedicated MMers and what their contributions were up until this point. How important their thoughts, ideas, and efforts through testing and communicating results and sacrificing their time were in getting us to where we are now.
* A refocused and clear model of what still needs to be done, what areas we should focus on, a method for acheving our goals in those areas.
* An efficient, accurate, and fun way to continue our research.
* A clear and easy way to exchange Ideas, results, and updates so we don't get bogged down by confusion, and keep moving forward.

*I will do the best that I can to give as much credit as Possible to all of the wonderful MMers that helped us in getting to where we are at thus far, and how we got here, But as I have been Typing nonstop for the last Four days and have been searching back through the Old Thread and Compilling as much Data as I could, please forgive me if I innocently overlook someone's specific personal contribution from the old thread. I will try to do the best that I can.
Sm27

WHY DID WE GET INTO THIS WHOLE COACHING PHILOSOPHY SLIDER THING?

We were in NO WAY about to surrender to the version of Gameplay that was presented to us in it's "Stock Form" from EA concerning Madden 2005. We knew that there HAD to be a better way. I have my own theory on why the game came to us in the form that it did and their will be time for that later.

WE BELIEVE that the tools that EA had given us in the form of:

* AI Sliders for global In Game Adjustments of Gameplay and the way the players react on the field of play.
* Coaching Sliders for Controlling the defective stock SIM ENGINE and the Skewed results it spit out, also for the Tendencies and Styles of the way the CPU Coaches "Called the game", and the stock problems in the WAY the CPU adhered to or ignored the default Coaching Philosophy sliders during those played games.
* Player Management Sliders for the importance that the CPU General Manager of CPU "Coached Teams" puts on each and every position on the football team when drafting/creating rookies.

We contend that all of these very effective tools had simply not been used in concert with each other to REALLY be effective, and we set out to try to use them and test their effectiveness in giving us a better, more realistic game.

To our knowledge, No HARD EVIDENCE of Useful/uselessness of these sliders had been presented anywhere, that we knew of, and no one had really made a concerted effort to really investigate the level of effectiveness that all of these "Tools", when combined, could have!

Up until this point their has been widespread Rumor and Opinion on the actual effectiveness or lack thereof, of these Coaching Options Sliders. The mission was, and is, to get the most absolutely realistic gameplay possible out of Madden 2005 by incorporating ALL of the available tools at our disposal.

A daunting task and one that is virtually impossible for one to do on his own because of the amount of realtime testing involved, and the degree to which the game in it's stock form was so far away from what we all wanted.

But this is MM! and the level of dedication and participation from other MMer's willing to get their hands dirty and help to twist the wrenches on this machine was and is very enthusiastic. And the original thread just got too long because of earlier testing, old failed test results, and the general complication of the Scope of this research.

So this new thread is to serve as a continuation of the old "End Of" thread that Brit Pitbul had so bravely endeavored to undertake, and to answer once and for all the effectiveness that all of these different COACHING, and AI sliders, when used TOGETHER, can have in "Fixing the Game".

So we got together and decided to take a look under the Hood. We wanted to find out just how "Tuneable" this machine was. Just how realistic could we get the gameplay. What "Sim Engine" problems existed, and what could we fix.

BritPitbul was and is in charge of heading up the "Sim Engine" investigation, properties, and adjustment. "Fixing" it if possible so that it would better reflect NFL statistics, and also make it POSSIBLE for the HUM player in Franchise mode, to compete against it on a "Level Playing Field". There were many of the opinion before this testing commenced, that "Coaching Sliders" had little if any affect on the Sim engine....Brit didn't believe it, and set out to see for himself.

I was delegated the responsibility of GAMEPLAY, to include realistic playcalling by the CPU against a HUM opponent, and realistic statistical output from "Played Games" to match up with the "Fixed" sim engine. I was not going to rely on Gameplay AI sliders alone....the Idea was, and IS, to incorporate the Coaching Philosophy sliders into the overall Package to make the most realistic and fun version of the game that is possible. All of the Usual problems were to be addressed. Make the CPU call a more "Balanced" gameplan that is more representitive of the Sim engine AND the NFL. Try to find out the source of the overly successful CPU opponent in the last two minutes of the half, or the end of the game, when the HUM player is ahead in the game

Their is NO WAY a project of this size and scope could have gotten as far as we have gotten thus far, nor could it continue, as their are still many other issues to Fix, without the help of a whole team of dedicated MMers, they are given credit further down in this thread, and hopefully as we progress through these and other negative issues of Madden 2005, they will be here to stick it out with us and figure out Fixes for the remaining issues.

We don't know "can't", and don't recognize any issue as being "Un Fixable" or " just broke", without first exhausting all possibilities that we can think of, and using all of the tools at our disposal.

This is the story of How we started, where we are at, and where we are going.
Sm27

BritPitbul:
"One of the biggest problems with Madden year in and year out is the fact that the CPU teams seasons stats, in franchise, are not comparable with the stats that a human player generates when playing against the cpu.

I know this has been discussed before but I think it is worth bringing this up again. The reason for the problem is that the sim engine is different to the game engine. What we have discovered is that the cpu coaching sliders are schewed so that the game becomes unrealistic. For example, if a CPU team has a coach with a run to pass ratio of 50/50, this will maybe be reflected in the simmed stats as 60/40, but will actually be a ratio more like 20/80 in a game that is actually played out.

The results of this are that the cpu doesn't pass enough against each other in simmed games which causes schewed stats for every possible aspect of the game. Consider how the lack of a passing game effects the number of INT, how too much running increases pancake stats and how tackles are distributed. In played games the opposite is true, the cpu wil pass all over you and will have absolutely no interest in a running game. The effect that this has on the realism of your franchise is obvious, (we're all top against the Run, worst against the pass, etc).

Right so how to fix this? Well the madden community has always focused on sliders and perfecting the realism of the game, but this approach has two fatal flaws. Namely, 1. There is no slider set that is going to make the cpu run the ball realistically (because it just doesn't want to), 2. even if your stats were realistic, the rest of the league's isn't so it 's irrelevant. So sliders alone are not enough."

"There is a way to fix this but as it's Madden, there are drawbacks".

To get realistic stats throughout your game you must control all 32 teams in the NFL. The reason for this is so that you can alter the coach gameplay sliders. Just to show you the effectiveness of this I simmed a season having given all of the NFL's coaches a 30-70 run/pass ratio and offensive aggression":

The results after 17 weeks were as follows:
7, 4000 yard passers
Top QB stats in each category:
4490 passing yards
40 TDs
670 Attempts
36 INT
281 yards per game
69 sacks

Top Rusher stats in each category:
1400 yards
12 TD
291 Attempts
87.7 yards per game

8, 100 rec WR
Top WR stats in each category:
1697 yards
16 TDs

Also
54 led pancakes
137 led tackles
16 led sacks
11 led INT
40 FGM
54 FGA

Team stats:
Passing Offense ranged from 4410-2923
Rushing Offense ranged from 1585-1025
Sacks allowed ranged from 79-41

Passing Defense ranged from 4555-3056
Rushing Defense ranged from 1675-989
Sacks gained ranged from 71-45
INT gained ranged from 32-17

BritPitbul:
"Next, I simmed a season having given all of the NFL's coaches a 70-30 run/pass ratio and offensive aggression.
The results after 17 weeks were as follows:
Top QB stats in each category:
2305 passing yards
14 TDs
324 Attempts
15 INT
144 yards per game
33 sacks

9, 2000 yard rushers
Top Rusher stats in each category:
2673 yards
25 TD
562 Attempts
167 yards per game

Top WR stats in each category:
57 rec
755 yards
7 TDs

Also
99 led pancakes
161 led tackles
11 led sacks
5 led INT
31 FGM
42 FGA

Team stats:
Passing Offense ranged from 2191-1132
Rushing Offense ranged from 3436-1926
Sacks allowed ranged from 44-15

Passing Defense ranged from 2323-1236
Rushing Defense ranged from 3024-2119
Sacks gained ranged from 36-17
INT gained ranged from 18-5

BritPitbul:
"As you can see, the results were conclusive, to get realistic stats for the simmed games in a franchise you must alter the coaches sliders. The problem with this is that if you increase the simmed passing games you make the actual played games even more lopsided towards the pass. Therefore we must find correct settings for the simed teams to reflect their real-life counterparts, but when your hum controlled team faces it's next opponent each week you must change the coaches sliders to give him a very run orientated gameplan. After the game is played, you return the coaches sliders to the levels they were for the simmed games.

If you do this for each game and use good sliders, both your stats and the league wide stats will all add up at the end of the season."

Sm27:
After more testing and a lot of valuable input from a lot of interested and dedicated individuals, Brit came to these conclusions on the Sim engine Adjustments/fix:
Brit:
Quote:
Good God! I never want to sim a league ever again. I've just simmed the same season literally dozens of times, maybe 50 or 60, with all manner of different coach sliders. One thing is clear, namely that you just cannot get enough yards out of the sim engine. I played with no injuries, maybe a few defensive injuries here or there would create a few more yards, but by and large it is about spreading the yards you have as thinly as you possibly can. Also you must try and do this without effecting the individual stats, it is not much use to have L.T. rush for 1500 yards if he did it in 500 attempts, similarly you don't want Manning throwing 750 attempts in a season. The coach sliders effect all sorts of things, from which type of Dlineman will get the sacks, to the QB's ypa. I've kept the defensive settings and offense aggression the same for all teams so that only minor tweaks are required before each game.
Brit :
Quote:
Final Sim Sliders (for games that you DON'T Play, but let the CPU "Simulate")
Okay, these are my final sim coaching philosophy settings. I have simmed and simmed and this is the best all round set I can get. Results will obviously vary from year to year but overall this is the best I can do and I'm not going to spend anymore time on this aspect of the game. There is only so much we can get out of the thing anyway.

I used the previous slider settings keeping the offensive run/pass and RB2/RB1 the same. What is changed is offensive cons/agg which is 80/20 for all teams, and defensive run/pass 60/40 for all. The defensive cons/agg sliders have been put up by 9 for all teams.

Here are the stats for the last season I simmed with this set.

Season1----------Most----Least
Off yards---------6003----4098
Pass Yards--------4171----2146
Rush Yards--------2446----1061

Def Yards---------5672-----4228
Pass Yards--------3723-----2629
Rush Yards--------2308-----1377

Most Sacks 65
Most INT 30

McNabb 101.2, 4487y, 41TD, 15INT, 60%, 7.5

L.T. 1833y 14TD, 367att, 4.9

Moss 100rec, 1578y, 12TD

Brooks 150 tackles
Ellis 18 sacks
Winfield 11 INT
Brit's Final Sim Settings are Posted in the Sm27's Coach's Chalkboards Word.doc in the Downloads post# 10 and as part of the Abbreviated Coach's Chalkboards listed out for all 32 teams in post #6 and #7 They are the BLUE numbers called "Brit's Sim Set"

Sm27:
Early on some tough questions were being asked

Ninerdynasty stated:
Quote:

You can get the ratios right and get the actual yardage you want in one of the categories. The flaw that we will never be able to fix is the total yardage that the cpu sims. This is what causes the problems. When you make a set of sliders to replicate actual NFL stats in the games you play against the cpu it does not matter since the cpu simmed games will not replicate the actual NFL stats. They will always be about 500 yards short of total offense from top to bottom throughout the season. It does not seem like a lot but it is what throws the cpu offense & defensive rankings off.
Sm27:
This is a target area that Niner brings up, and an area that so far, we are seeing as a concession that we must make, at least at this point. The Goal at this point in time is to get the Sim Engine as good as we can in terms of presenting realistic NFL stats. But wherever it falls short, because it is a video game, we are choosing to make the Gameplay goal one of matching up with a Sim Engine that has been helped to an incredibly improved state, Rather than using NFL Stats as the be all end all for benchmarking our Played Game Stats.
Afterall, the only thing that REALLY matters is Matching the HUM players statistical output up with the Simmed Games statistical output thus insuring a more gratifying playing experiance in Franchise mode because the HUM player has a Simmed statistical base that is acheivable and realistic .
Niner made these conclusions, and while Accurate and not what we had Hoped for we believe that a workable solution has been acheived by Brit and his Cohorts in the Sim engine Project thus far:
Ninerdynasty stated:
Quote:
This year there are 4 teams on pace to have over 6300 yards total offense. The Colts are on pace to have around 6800 yards of total offense. We can't even get the sim engine to replicate last years stats. While I applaud the effort evreyone has put fourth into making this an enjoyable game, it really is annoying that we have to spend so much time trying to fix something that is clearly broken. This years version of the games sim engine will never be able to reflect what is going on in the NFL. This issue needs to addressed in next years game. There needs to be more flexibilty In the sim engine. Trying to work on this years has really made me feel like I am banging my head on a brick wall. While we can make it better we can not make it realistic. It would seem obvious that EA would want the game to simulate real NFL stats, but it doesn't nor can we do anything to make it. This should be the first thing on the wishlist for next years game.
At this point things were looking a little bit grim on the sim side of things, Words like "Can't" and "Broke" were coming up a little too often.....and then the Craziest thing happened.....The absolute Pickiest guy on the whole team, (and that is meant as a compliment), ever the cynic, dropped this in to the research.....

Adembroski2 said:
Quote:
SIX YEAR TEST SIM vs. THREE YEAR NFL AVERAGE
Brit... I shall never question you again.

I put your numbers in and simmed SIX seasons, recording totals after every season.

First, here is the NFL's average for the last three seasons (including this year to date)...

Passing Yards Per Game: 207.95
Rushing Yards Per Game: 116.84
Interceptions Per Game: 1.03
Sacks Allowed Per Game: 2.25

The one thing we know is that interceptions and sacks are too common, and this brings down the offensive numbers. We also know that passing averages are too low. These are things that I hope EA can fix this off-season, but we can't touch... that said... here are the results of six simmed years using Brit Pitbulls CPU Sim Engine coaching values... (default Madden rosters, all year one of franchise mode, injuries off).

Passing Yards Per Game: 203.48
Rushing Yards Per Game: 103.86
Interceptions Per Game: 1.36
Sacks Allowed Per Game: 2.96

It may not seem like it, but that .3 difference in interceptions, and a .7 difference in sacks makes a big dent... not so much in the yardage catagory (obviously, we're only 5 yards off in passing), but in QB rating.

If there was any place that took a massive departure from the NFL, it was the spread of quarterback ratings. Yards per attempt being too low, and interception percentage being too high caused the QB ratings to be significantly low.

As stated by Brit earlier in the thread, your years will very wildly at times. This is not that unrealistic, historically. There were 15 receivers in 2003 with more than 75 catches... down from 24 in 2002.

I really think the people who wrote this sim engine (at it's default) wrote it for either a HISTORICAL NFL average, or perhaps a 10-20 year average. Looking at a larger peice of NFL history, the default settings start to fall into line. They need to redo the engine looking only at the last 3-5 years.

Absolutely amazed at that result, Brit, I'm sorry I questioned you earlier in this thread.
Hmmm, Aj made a nice little point there about "Historical NFL Averages". Given the constraints of what were up against, and given the fact that the New NFL WR/DB Rules of Contact are most definately affecting the NFL statistical Passing Yardage Output for this year to the High side, I'll take the difference in stats in the Sim Engine to this Years NFL....Brit is to be applauded for his concerted effort in this regard.

PiGPen asked:"
Quote:

So what about progression? I'm sure that these would help our DB's progress more like the rest of our Defense. I'm sick of having my D-line and LB's progress like crazy but my stud DB's regress because of Robo QB. I'd like to know what to set things at so I can start doing this in my 'chise!
Sm27:
As of 28 DEC 2004, we cannot answer the progression issue yet because it has taken us a month to get this far, I can say at this point that "Robo QB" has been replaced with an aggressive realistic playing style from the CPU based on Player Ratings and Coaching style. If the CPU is behind, a realistic degree of "Desperation" can be sensed and Played out, but it is now limited to the ratings of the players as to its success or failure in its aggressive Playcalling to comeback from behind. This fell more into my area of discussion.

SM27:
If you go HERE:
http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/s...67&page=1&pp=30
You will see a whole discussion on the breadth and scope of exactly what we were (are) up against in this project, Basicly taking our best shot at Fixing the Game of Madden 2005....For us Players that have since day one, been CRAVING realism, all of the gameplay issues that we have with the "Stock" version of madden, and their sim engine counterparts are on display being intelligently presented and differring from one MMer to the next on possible solutions and theories.

BRIT said later on:
"Basically we have spent months trying to develop sliders to make the game more realistic. Our hands have been tied to a certain extent as the game engine always causes the cpu to pass far more than run. This is obviously really unrealistic. All the best slider sets have had to start at the cpu rushing game, try to develop one, and then build the rest of the sliders around it.

What we have found out is that the lack of running game is not a slider problem, it is a gameplan/playcalling problem. Therefore we need a way to alter the cpu team's play selection so that they actually want to run the ball.

If the player takes control of all 32 teams in a franchise, he can then go into the coach management menu and alter each coaches (and therefore team's) gameplan.

Another problem we have noticed is that when playing a franchise you will invariably end the year as being 1st against the run and 32nd against the pass. Why is this? The answer is that the simmed stats for simmed games run off a different engine to the game engine. Ironically, the game engine doesn't encourage the cpu team to run enough, whereas the sim engine doesn't encourage the cpu team to pass enough.

Therefore while you are giving up lots of passing yards and no rushing yards in your games. The other teams in the league are not giving up any passing yards in their simmed games. The result is you are 1st against the run and last against the pass.

This can be fixed by the coach sliders but we need two fixes, one for the sim engine,(Brit's job), to produce realistic stats for all the teams over the season, and one for the game engine, (Sm27's job), so that you have a realistic experience in your played games.

Now as you play through your franchise you must change the settings for each of your opponenets coaches from the sim settings to the game settings. You then play a realistic game and afterwards you change the settings back. This takes all of about 10 seconds and the result is the most accurate franchise experience available as this game finally becomes a true sim.

There are a couple of minor drawbacks to controlling all of the teams but the benefits far outway the negatives, and the added bonus's are that you can now design each teams draft strategy before they go to the draft, so no more Giants drafting 2 more QBs, and there is no more daft("DAFT", that's british for "Stupid",ed.) relocation, etc "

Sm27:
*as of 28 December 2004, we have not yet attacked the needed testing in this area,(Coaching/Management/Player Priority sliders)...I have experimented on my own with the Coaching/Management/Player Priority sliders in a very basic and general way, and I have found that it is not only possible to control the CPU's unrealistic stock out of the box desire to spend its first 3 rounds of draft picks on QB's every year, But I actually have witnessed the unfathomable result of every CPU team in the League only Carrying TWO QB's ON THEIR ROSTERS! Also, The Madden Player Generator Engine, during this prelimanary experimentation, only CREATED 8 ROOKIE QB's!!!! I have an early theory that their is a "Finite" or predetermined total number of players, all positions combined, that the CPU Rookie Player Generator Engine will produce. The Coaching Strategy/Coaching Management/Player Priority sliders could infact, be dictating the number of rookie players at all positions based on the leagues positional demands as dictated by these very sliders....How many Players....as well as what KIND of players depending on the PRIORITY sliders that each position is set at throughout the league! This is a whole other area that must be discussed and tested to find the best results outside of what this testing was concerned with.

Brit, Myself, and the men on our team focused on these initial Goals:

1. To get a more balanced Realistic Game out of the CPU while playing, and to get the Gameplay Engine To reflect the adjusted SIM engine through the use of Coaching Slider adjustments for the CPU team.
2. To have the CPU's Play calling determined by the adjusted CPU Coaching sliders, and to not have the Gameplay AI sliders dictating the play calling by having certain Gameplay sliders (CPU RB ABL at 15+, CPU Run BLK at 15+, etc), overly adjusted to FORCE the cpu's hand in it's play calling decisions.
3. To be competitive with the CPU's Simmed stats in, Passing Yards for and against, Pancakes for and against, Positional TKL Totals, namely the LBs, and DTs. and as many other statistical categories as well.
4. Since the Sim engine in this years game, through brit's extensive research shows, will never hit the mark as far as Matching the real NFL in certain area's, Namely TOTAL YDS, TOTAL PASSING YARD, SACKS, INT's. We should then now be concerned only with Matching Up with the adjusted Sim engine Statistical results, in Played Games, through the use of CPU Coaching Sliders that are Re-Adjusted for each Played Game in Franchise Mode from Britt's SIM Coaching Settings. After a game in Franchise mode is Played, The Coaching Philosophy Sliders For the CPU team we Just finished playing against, will now have to be RE-Adjusted back to Brit's Posted Sim Settings.
5. To Keep intact, the unique "Tendencies and Character" of each CPU Coach in Played Games, Both Offensively AND Defensively
6. To have "Gameplay AI" sliders that are balanced to make for a Fair Competition between the HUM player and the CPU Opponent, That will yield statistical results that are competitive with the CPU's Simmed statistical results, Challenging, and Fun."

EARLY REVIEWS OF THE SYSTEM AND OUR METHOD THUS FAR:

jROD
Quote:
I have had so many great games that Madden is starting to feel like Tecmo Bowl. Can you believe that?
The ummmLions
Quote:
Well any doubts that remained are now completely gone...I just got beat by the freakin Bears in week 1 by a score of 17-34. It was a lot closer then that but I play as a Saftey and started biting hard on PA and got burned 2 times for huge gains since the CPU was running all over the place..one was a TD, one led to a TD. I also fumbled a punt return trying to make something happen. It was a close and tough fight with the spread at 3-10 points for most of the game. I also tossed 4 INTs (3 late in the game trying to do anything to come back)
The game was tough but fun. I am not that good since I haven't played in a long time (forgot I can change the direction of the running play at the line of scrimmage until the last series when I did it on accident ) so I upped the QB acc for me 2 notches other then that I left everything where it was on the Alley Fight sliders posted with your word doc. Ulacher was contained pretty well by my OLine and FB but he made HUGE stops in big situations and caused 1 fumble and got 1 INT. My OLine seemed to get man handled most of the game though with the exception of Woody. Guess it isn't all that unrealistic They held their ground well on running plays but seldom made any gaping holes and the only reason I broke a 17 yard gain was because Schlesinger smacked Ulacher filling the hole and knocked him into the next zip code (cool saved instant replay I will upload somewhere when I get Action replay)
KingV2k3
Quote:
Well I FINALLY implemented the 'system' and started a 'chise w/ the Redskins (poor offence/killer run D solid pass D)...

I've played about 1000 games in 'chise mode over the past 4 titles...

This 'system' is providing the best overall in-game and sim play that I've seen to date...
Cool part was the commitment to the run...I shut him down well into the 3rd quarter and then he started racking up 8-10 yard gains vs. my 'worn down' D line...
The drives that the CPU ran in both games were in the 4-8 minute range...

No Robo...
Very little CPU 'boost' inside the 2 minute mark of each half...
The games 'looked right'...felt right'...
The stats were totally realisitc...
The 'Any Given Sunday' factor was there w/o CPU 'cheats'...

Stunning...

I KNOW quality gameplay when I encounter it...
This 'system' is the sh*t...

Both the 'sim' and in-games tweaks are truly inspired and brilliant...

I'm sure to lose both my job and my girl this year!!!....lol...

ahop 23
Quote:
Played a game against the Packers. Alley fight sliders.
CPU target= 44/56
Rendered=45/55
CPU ran slightly more than the target even though they trailed by 3 for most of the game. Even in the 4th quarter, down 13-10, Packers stuck with the run. In fact the playcalling was awesome, they kept me off balance (I know, not that hard) by running and passing out of the Full House.
This is so cool!
L Burn 'm
Quote:
Just played an intense game with this set up and the results were shocking yet not surprising.

My first possesion I fumbled and BUF scored. I put together a drive and it stalled at the BUF 1. I had put my FG Team out there, but I called a TO and went for the score. I got stuffed. But I had pinned them deep in their territory. I got a saftey out of the deal so after the 1st it was 7-2.

We exchanged 3 and outs and I put together another drive which stalls in the redzone with a pick. BUF gives me the ball back as I picked the next play. Got a TD on a swing pass and at the half it was 9-7 thanks to BUF missing a FG.

Second half is more of the same as I put a nice drive together and hit Jimmy Smith with a perfectly-timed pass a la Peyton Manning. I go for two and fail score is 15-7. BUF answers behind the running of Henry (LOL running, the CPU running). Henry's running set up a 3 and short situation. Bledsoe finds Josh Reed for the score, BUF goes for 2 and it fails. BUF 13 - JAX 15.

Another drive would stall and BUF would add a FG to go ahead 16-15. My offense couldn't muster anything so the D would have to stand up. We forced what looked to be 2 fumbles, but BUF challenges and they're over-ruled. Greg Jones is inserted into the I-Form Big Lineup to beat away at the Bills and he breaks a run for the score (2 point fails) JAX 21 - BUF 16. We seal the game with a late INT that we run back to the BUF 6. We run three straight plays and trot out the FG Team. Finally Game is over........wait, Scoobee misses the FG. BUF has once chance left and Bledsoe can't find the magic and we escape with a 21-16 W.
By now you are probably asking,
"What is this 'SYSTEM', and how do I use it?"
Keep reading on down, more will be revealed!
Last edited by sm27 : Yesterday at 03:04 PM.
sm27 is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
sm27

So now at this point BritPitbul had established a good working base of Coaching sliders to be used in the SIMMED GAMES or all of the the Games that you don't play during a Franchise Play week. The ability to do better than "1st against the run and last against the pass" was now possible.....
Brit had taken care of the "Last against the Pass part"
It was now my job to take care of the "First against the Run" part...make the CPU run
THIS task was where my job began......

GAMEPLAY! the Mission,

1. To have the CPU's Play calling determined by the adjusted CPU Coaching sliders, and to not have the Gameplay AI sliders dictating the play calling by having certain Gameplay sliders (CPU RB ABL at 15+, CPU Run BLK at 15+, etc), overly adjusted to FORCE the cpu's hand in it's play calling decisions.
2. To be competitive with the CPU's Simmed stats in, Passing Yards for and against, Pancakes for and against, Positional TKL Totals, namely the LBs, and DTs. and as many other statistical categories as well.
3. To now be concernedwith Matching Up with Brit's adjusted Sim engine Statistical results, in Played Games, through the use of CPU Coaching Sliders that are Re-Adjusted for each Played Game in Franchise Mode from Britt's SIM Coaching Settings. After a game in Franchise mode is Played, The Coaching Philosophy Sliders For the CPU team we Just finished playing against, will now have to be RE-Adjusted back to Brit's Posted Sim Settings.
4. To Keep intact, the unique "Tendencies and Character" of each CPU Coach in Played Games, Both Offensively AND Defensively.
5. To have "Gameplay AI" sliders that are balanced to make for a Fair Competition between the HUM player and the CPU Opponent, That will yield statistical results that are competitive with the CPU's Simmed statistical results, Challenging, and Fun."

Whew!!! Quite a daunting task that!

Where to start?
Hmm....

Well I knew that it was not only possible to change the gameplay for the CPU opponent, but it was the preferred way to go. I first started experimenting with controling all 32 teams for the express purpose of adjusting all of the coach's playcalling style in Madden 2002. I was on a super obsessed mission to create and edit all of the Players and teams in the league to make an "ALL CLASSIC NFL" league. I have always been an Xboxer, and in those days their weren't any online Perks like downloadable rosters, and the Action Replay had not yet been invented, So I had a lot of time on my hands for customization and trial and error experimentation. And since I could not play anyone online, and I only had 1 buddy at that time that played madden on the Xbox with me, it was Me vs The CPU!
It really bugged me that the Lions default classic teams as well as all of the other so called "Classic" teams in madden were so damn Pass happy! as well as the fact that they had Old Teams like the '57 Lions and '58 Colts playing in DOMES!!(ugh!)
But the Dome thing is something we can address later after we get into all of the Owner Mode Jazz.....
Anyway....back to the coaching sliders.....
I figured out that If I controlled all 32 teams, I could adjust ALL OF THE COACHING SLIDERS for all of the teams, to make these "old school" Teams run the ball! Three Yards and a Cloud Of Dust! Single Bar Facemasks! YEAHHHH MAAAN!!!. So I made blanket overall adjustments to all the teams head coaches, knocking all of the Offensive Run/Pass sliders WAAAY over to the Run side, and proceeded to watch Riggins, Brown, Payton, and Campbell absolutely KILL ME ON THE GROUND! (was a lot of fun)
I had done SO much work creating and editing CURRENT PLAYERS to match the EA Ratings of the "Classic Teams" players, that by the time I got to actually PLAYING The Game, I simply made a few quick tweaks to the Coaching sliders to get them to run, and called it a day.
I had also discovered at that point that If I made coaching adjustments to a Franchise Team in Franchise Mode, That I could EXPORT That team, any team, and use it in "Play Now" and "Tournament games", and the Coaching adjustments I made would "STICK" to the Exported team!
I had been employing a "quick Fix" Down and Dirty method of changing the coaching sliders for all of these years, but had NEVER REALLY gotten Way Into it to actually figure out what was going on.......
Until NOW!

I saw what brit was doing with the sim engine and jumped on board and volunteered to take up the Issues associated with the Realtime Gameplay Aspects of the relationships between the Coaching sliders and the now well known AI sliders.
In this years game more than any other, the issue of getting the CPU to run the ball has become more Paramount to a good realistic style of gameplay than ever before. Now I am sure you might have seen the MANY sets of AI sliders that I and so many others have set up for many different guys all over this board. All with the Central Theme of MAKING THE CPU RUN THE FOOTBALL! we have done pretty well in that aspect but the Running game was never quite "Right", usually do to the fact that such an ENORMOUS boost was needed to be given to the Running back ability sliders to Induce the CPU just to CALL running plays, That you either got No runs, or, 5- 60 yard runs in one game, and with the AI sliders needing to be so Horribly out of whack, every Running back in the league had the Tendency to have Juuust a Little Tooo much "Barry Sanders" in him.
But the Chance to actually have a concerted effort from a whole TEAM of MMers to figure out the functions of the coaching sliders at their DEEPEST LEVEL anmd actually FIX this CPU Playcalling Problem once and for all was more than I could resist, and I jumped at the opportunity.

Don't think for a second that The Fix that we have come up with to fix the "In Game" playcalling Problem just kind of Jumped up and bit us in the azz, Their was at least 10 days to two weeks spent on the preparation to test and finally DUMP a previously Tried out method for figuring out the correct way to achieve the desired SYSTEM, But even though I and a whole slew of other guys spent DAYS and DAYS testing and losing sleep with the previously tried method of setting all of the Coaching Sliders for in game Play. We Dropped it like a hot rock after it became apparrant through testing and a little foresight that it was not going to work...we could have tweaked this previous system for the CURRENT season, but it would have been basicly renderred useless for future Franchise years, because of the Fact you would basicly have to do it all over again after 1 season......The teams were running enough for sure, but the "Uniqueness" from coach to coach and the "Character" of each individual team was getting lost..... This became apparant.

If you are really interested to read more about what this old formula WAS , and would like to see some of the process that was involved in getting to the one that DIDN'T work then you can go Here
http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/s...7&page=10&pp=30
the OLD formula is documented in post # 276 of this old thread, and if you read a page before and after this, you can see some of what we went through, and how willing we were to Dump It when some of the red flags that are well documented in the discussions of this previously tested and try'd formula became apparant. Even though we had spent HOURS and HOURS testing this one we dumped it......

But it WAS NOT wasted time, because If we wouldn't have done all that it might not have brought us to THIS!

And THIS is what happened:.......

Sm27:
“I was working on everything that Happens DURING PLAYED GAMES....game play....
In my opinion, the game was released before EA's Testers had finished, they left out one adjustment, or "STEP" in the coding of the game.
They left out the needed step that would allow the Head Coach's Offensive Run/Pass slider to actually DO in the game whatever it SAYS it is supposed to be doing.
If you have it set to 50% run and 50% pass it should actually Render IN YOUR GAME, 50% run and 50% pass.
In the games "Stock" state it does not give you that.
If for example, you simply were to go to Da' Bears Head Coach's (L. Smith)Offensive Run/Pass Slider,
and adjust it to 50% run, and 50% pass,
That adjustment will not be reflected in actual gameplay....

Instead the Bears will attempt to run a gameplan that consists of:
31% run/ 69% pass!

Well Hell!, That just ain't right!
Up untill this point we had considered that perhaps we could just adjust all coach's sliders the same amount, or figure out some "Overall" adjustments that would fix a blanket or overall problem with the CPU's Playcalling
That perhaps it was an aggressiveness issue alone, Or maybe a "Staff AVG" issue.......But the problems we had when following this line of thought were that:
Teams had lost their "Uniqueness"
The Intelligence of their Playcalling was degraded
They just didn't "Feel" right
Their playcalling became extremely predictable.
You can read about one example of this by going HERE..Read post #273
http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/s...7&page=10&pp=30
So that way wasn't working, all of the while I was still trying to put together some "Base Set" AI sliders, (QB Acc, WR Cth, TKL, etc.) that would not be INDUCING the Cpu playcalling either way so that we wouldn't have Skewed results due to the CPU's Playcalling being affected because the RB settings were too high or whatever......
MAN,!
What a pain.....

I simply had to find a way that would solve the inacuracy of the Head Coach's Offensive Run/Pass slider.
A way that would resolve the discrepancy of what that slider was set at, and what it was really doing.
So that when we set it at something, we would KNOW what it was going to do........

Then a Lightbulb went off in my head.....
Maybe, just maybe the CPU is basing it's decisions for calling plays based on the percentage of Run plays vs. Pass plays in each coach's PLAYBOOK!
And the Head Coach's Offensive Run/Pass slider is working off of That!
That would explain why a 50/50 setting for A. Reid, would NOT render the same results if you set it to 50/50 for S. Mariucci!
Their PLAYBOOKS are different!

Well, just to be able to TEST this theory I would need to know:

1. The total number of Plays in each coach's Playbook.
2. The total number of Running Plays in each coach's Playbook.
3. The total number of Passing Plays in each coach's Playbook.
4. The Percentage of Run plays vs Pass Plays in each coach's Playbook.

So I asked for some help in Compilling this Playbook data that I needed just to TEST this Theory
GMbreaker and WhiteRussian set about the tedious task of COUNTING all of the plays in each and every Playbook! They had been working on it for about 4 hours when 49Flat400 dropped in to give us this link:
http://www.maddenguides.com/madden2005playbooks.html
at MaddenGuides that had all of the Info that we needed to get started in testing along these lines.

It is with this information married to my theory that I came up with this formula:

this is it:
Each individually unique Head Coaches Playbook% of running plays to pass plays=
xx%run/xx%pass
set Offensive RUN/PASS Slider to the OPPOSITE% of the Playbook run/pass %, (this makes up for the Compensatory step that was left out of the coding in the game and renders an exact 50/50% play call from the CPU)
THEN
Adjust plus or minus from the resulting adjusted Offensive HC RUN/PASS% the difference from the default slider setting for that coach......

example:

L. Smith Playbook-(Thanks GMbreaker)
Run Plays = 67
Pass Plays = 137
Total Plays = 204
Run Play %in his playbook= 32.84
Pass Play%in his playbook= 67.16

Roughly, Lovie Smith's Playbook is 33% runs and 67% pass plays.......
Lovie Smiths default Offensive Run/Pass slider is 48run%/52% pass.(this is our TARGET RUN/PASS%, it is what the developers INTENDED for this slider to net in gameplay)

Leaving his Coaching slider at default, 48/52% run/pass,
will NOT result in a gameplan that will attempt as it's overall goal, what this COACHING PHILOSOPHY GAMEPLAN SLIDER is set at which is 48run/52 pass.
Which is what the bears are supposed to be doing.

Instead it will render to attempt in games that are played HUM vs.CPU or CPU vs.CPU, 31% run/ 69% pass!!!
That is a difference of 17% of total offensive plays that will be increased to passes or decreased from runs over the assigned HC setting of 48/52!

No wonder the CPU seems pass happy!...
It is only doing what it is TOLD to do because EA left Out the step in the Code that would make the "in game coaching" render the Assigned value of the Coaching Game plan Run/pass slider!

THIS is how you resolve this discrepency in the Head Coach's Run/Pass Slider to render the INTENDED CPU Playcalling of 48% run, and 52% pass for Lovie Smith:

The Missing step for the Bears:

Playbook %=33% run/67% pass

Missing step that I added in:
Set L. Smith to=
67% run/33% pass.

You will now get a 50/50 run/pass play call from the CPU.

So 67% run on the slider is REALLY 50% run for lovie Smith! Because of the step in the Coding that EA left out!
Now it is simply a matter of moving the 67% (which represents in game play 50%)
to 65% (which represents 48% which is our TARGET%)!

thus a setting of 65/35 for Lovie Smith
will RENDER in Real Gameplay Playcalling from the CPU=
48% running plays/52% Passing plays!

This is what the slider is SUPPOSED TO RENDER in its default state, but DOES NOT without us applying this formula to compensate for the step that EA left out of the Coding!

This is how I have "Fixed" the CPU Coaching Playcalling to better represent the TARGET% of Running plays vs. Passing Plays that the CPU will call against the oposition defense.

This formula holds true for EVERY COACH...Except for
Joe Gibbs,
Norv Turner.....
There is obviously another Tweak that the developers put to just these two coaches because of, in my opinion......
The Raider/John Madden connection, and
Joe Gibbs because of the fact they didn't know what his playbook would be and essentially just gave him the Run-N-Gun on steroids.

*note: December 29, 2004.
We are not yet finished with the Formula,as it pertains to offensive aggresiveness settings, but have made HUGE Gains in the ability to have one of the most realistic games of madden to date more testing is needed to check the integrity of the calculations I have used in getting to the HC Offensive aggresivenes Setting for played games.
Sm27

"THE FORMULA" by Sm27
For fixing CPU play calling in "PLAYED GAMES"

This Formula is the manner in which I have reached the Head Coach's Run/Pass etc. Values that are used during played games. and are the numbers which are depicted in RED in all of the chalkbord's called Sm27's Play set

Head Coach RUN/PASS OFFENSE:

Playbook pass/run% inverted for "In Game Play" to reconcile the Head Coach "RUN/PASS% slider for 50/50 rendering, plus or minus to the run side, the default Head Coach Run/Pass value on either side of 50/50.

Head Coach Offensive Aggressiveness:

Average of entire coaching staff Offensive Aggressiveness, (except for Joe Gibbs and Norve Turner, they are custom because in my opinion, EA "Customized" them.) This area needs further testing as of December 29, 2004. Because of the fact that all "Gameplay" issues can only be tested in "Real Time", and must actually be PLAYED, this makes testing longer than it takes for "sim" aspects.

Head Coach RUN/PASS DEFENSE:

"Plus 5" to the pass from staff AVG, (to make the CPU offenses think "Run" first and not "Pass" first.) Unless the Defensive Coordinator's Defensive Run/Pass value is By default more than 5% slanted to stop the run. In that case, the difference is added to the pass side.
* see note below,sm27

Head Coach DEFENSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS:

Minus "11" from the default setting:
(to keep the RATIO of Defensive aggressiveness intact from Team to Team. Once you adjust this slider for Brit's Sim settings, you no longer will be able to achieve any value above "79" on the slider. Some teams have a DEFAULT defensive aggressiveness value above "79", the highest being "90". This is a compensatory adjustment that keeps all differences between teams intact.)

*Note from above concerning Defensive Formula
Cmp66 compiled this defensive data for me and it may prove to be a Key that unlocks Future Discovery In the "Take What The Defense is giving You" line of thought pertaining to the "Playbook System" relating to Defense:
Quote:
First, all playbooks have the goalline package which is 15-5-13.
All counts below have the goalline data removed, so add it to get the total
4-3: 159-18-58
3-4: 174-26-51
46: 153-26-55
Balanced: 138-15-50
Cover2: 153-30-55
QBContain: 141-13-41

Looking at the playbooks minus goalline:
4-3: 11% blitz 36% 5 or more rushers
3-4: 15% blitz 29% 5 or more rushers
46: 17% blitz 36% 5 or more rushers
balanced: 11% blitz 36% 5 or more rushers
Cover2: 19% blitz 36% 5 or more rushers
QBContain: 9% blitz 29% 5 or more rushers
*The Above Compiled Data that Cmp66 has pulled together for us concerning Defense, prove extremely valuable in nailing down the absolute right and proper defensive formula since it could possibly be based in "Playbook Run/Pass%s just like the Offensive Run/Pass formula is...Sm27

Why this formula will work for all future Franchise years:
This formula for fixing the game play in "Played Games" during a franchise in Madden 2005, is built around the percentage of run plays to pass plays, in any given coach's playbook, and reconciling the "False Value" that the Head Coaching Philosophy Run/Pass slider is showing from what it is really DOING.
Since this system is based on "Individual Coaching Tendencies/Philosophies and Styles" of each and every coach that is in the game, and not based on the way any given team "should be playing", the game play FIX is usable for any head coach in the game Currently, and in future franchise years.

All you need to know is:

* The Formula and How to apply it: Which is described above.
* The Head Coaches Default Philosophy Settings, (which I have listed in the word.doc)
* The number of Plays in the Playbook that he is using, (which I have in the word.doc)
* The percentage of run plays to pass plays in the Playbook that he is using, (which I have in the word.doc)
* The names of the other Assistant coaches on his staff, and what their default coaching philosophy settings are, (which I have in the word.doc)
* The FUTURE assistant Coaches which would be promoted to Head Coaches, (which I have in the word.doc for the next 4 years)

*On Pages 6 and 7 below you will find an Abbreviated Version of My "Coach's Chalkboards" for Quick Startup.

The FULL VERSIONS of the "Coach's Chalkboards which are completely laid out with all of the Head Coach through assistant coaches coaching Philosophy Values for all 32 teams is available by Downloading the attached word.doc. Found On the Download Page of this Thread PAGE 10
Downloading and using this word document makes the setup and continued use of this system that we have come to love, as easy as can be!
ALL OF THE COACHES VALUES on every Current Coaching Staff for the Entire League are available at you finger tips!

I simmed forward Four years in Franchise Mode in order to year by year promote Assistant Coaches to Head coaches for the express reason of learning and documenting in the Chalkboards, all of the Assistant coaches' "Values".

This can prove to be very usefull when not only compilling a coaching staff in the Future for your team, But also allows you to apply the "Formula" in future Franchise Years because you have access to the Other assistant Coaches Values on any given Coaching Staff!
Last edited by sm27 : 12-30-2004 at 09:56 PM.

These Are The sliders I constructed for use with the “Coaching System”
The Required "Base" Sliders that were needed for Uniform Study of the "System"

It became obvious in the early testing stages of "The Fix" that our old "Boost the hell out of the RB AI sliders", in order to MAKE the CPU run by Inducing the playcalling of the CPU, was not only no longer necessary, but was actually quite annoying.

Fixing the Playcalling tendancies of the CPU Coaches makes it possible to not have to boost all of the RB AI sliders and be stuck with unrealistic rendering of the individual RB's Player ratings. In other words, Since the CPU would now correctly call plays based on the coaching sliders, it is no longer necessary to INDUCE the CPU to run with AI sliders alone. In Fact, it is/was counterproductive to our purposes to have AI sliders that would schew or INDUCE the CPU to call certain plays simply because boosts in the AI sliders dictated the plays called by the CPU. I in no way expect these sliders to work for everyone while engaging the other aspects of The Formula, and fully expect men to make personal adjustments to suit their taste and style of gameplay. The Important thing is that we were/are all on the same page in our Observations of how THE CPU IS RENDERING IN GAMES PLAYED, THE ADJUSTMENTS THAT TAKE PLACE IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SYSTEM. Therefore it was necessary to compile AI sliders that were "Balanced" and not Playcalling Inducive......A very touchy and delicate balance, especially considering that now that the System was becoming more and more obvious in it's ability to make or break a teams successes offensively and defensively, based on the RATINGS OF THE PLAYERS.

This was no easy task and involed numerous Changes to come to these slider values from their original state, especially since I was trying to accomplish the required "Balanced AI Slider" result, all while simultaneously negotiating what the Coaching Formula was going to be for "Played Games". It was very difficult to make sure that the sliders were not inducing the playcalling by the CPU, but were merely Supporting the Gameplay that was needed for the CPU to execute it's preferred Gameplan. Only then could we properly observe the Playcalling tendencies and unique differences from CPU coach to CPU coach.

This opened up a whole new insight into EA's default sub out/in settings of 65%/80%. This setting now Resembles working in a realistic fashion! (Players on HUM Defense getting tired because the CPU is calling the correct number of Running plays, which tires out defensive players faster). This also serves as evidence to the theory that the Developers were not given enough time to "Finish" the needed testing and research involving gameplay issues associated with the Default CPU Coaching Philosophy Slider Values that the game is shipped with. It is no longer Necessarry to drasticly adjust the HUM Sub OUT/IN% in order for the HUM players to get tired. This issue However will be revisited at a later time to make it better. The preffered mode of Substitution for the HUM Player's Team is to use "Created Packages" by creating GLOBAL substitution packages that work with any team that you play against, regardless of the Playbook that is used by the HUM player.

The "Created Packages" feature is saved to the HUM profile and not a Roster or Franchise, or Settings save. For the purposes of testing other Issues, namely the "Playcalling System" and "The Fix", we have chosen to run this at the Default settings for now so that other issues can be more closely examined without confusing the issue.

These sliders are a combination of my old slider methodology, (Three increasingly difficult levels all within the Confines of ALL PRO), with a substantial focus on allowing the motion capture that is built into the game to come into play . I took NChelix's and KZFWY's stock ALL PRO observations under advisement and through the obvious animations that I was losing in the trenches after revisiting STOCK ALL PRO, I was then lead to experiment with Snaz and Eaglesfan’s "Line Blocking Study", and noted the superior Graphic Animation output as a result of their work and incorporated it into my line parameters. My line settings are different from their's, but their line play simply blew my initial settings away, so I had to unbiasingly reconstruct my early slider sets around these observations. I timed "Pocket Integrity" as per AJ's astute observations, as well as noting the ability of LBs and D-line to release off of their blocks, dependant on their ratings. I took extra care in the running game to make sure that these sets didn't suffer from the "Too Much/Not enough Push" syndrome. I Gave the QB's some gas like Brit requested, as well as incorporating risk into the passing game for both teams by making sure that unless you had a top five QB, if you throw into coverage, your going to pay. I experimented with some Coaching sliders during the AI slider construction to make sure that these AI sliders would allow for certain Game plans to be Executed dependant on their Nature. Play action now is part of the game for the HUM as well as the CPU.

NinerDynasty's observations about the QB Yards Per Pass AVG in game being longer by default, than the Yards per pass AVG that the Sim engine would reflect was a benchmark for exuding just enough pressure on the CPU QB to make the Typical "Longer Yards Per Pass AVG" less of a problem by being careful with the HUM BRK BLK settings as well as the CPU Pass Blk settings. I noted that if the HUM/CPU Break Block was too low, that the Animations of D-Linemen being visually Active in their attempts to "Get Off Blocks" would be simply not rendered by the CPU visually Via Animations. This is very important in making the game exciting and realistic visually to the HUM Player, So this was/is a very touchy balance. It is However adjustable to some degree dependant on the HUM players "Style" of playing defense, whether he controls D-Linemen or not, and the method the HUM player employs in getting off of CPU O-Line blocks.

These are my five basic rules for "Slider Construction"

1. "Feel", the game must ebb and flow depending on momentum, and there must be a realistic feel to the game.
2. "Reflection of Team/Player Ratings". Their should be no "Juice" that is induced by the sliders. If Juice does exist, then it is from other factors
3. "Look". The game should look good, the animations that are in the game should be displayed
4. "Statistical Output", should be able to reflect generally, the Sim engine as per Brit's Sim results
5. "Challenge and Fair Play", should be challenging dependant on your skill level, all the while exhibiting no ill effects of AI wise CPU 'Cheating'. Their is nothing wrong with an aggressive CPU opponent, as long as It isn't super human.

Don't let the numbers scare you. With the CPU Coaching capabilities that are now at our finger tips, I believe that these are the balance we require to allow for progression competition with the CPU,(Take note PiGpen) as well as good old Fun!
Of course, like all of the slider sets I produce for use for the general public, there is Room for minor personal adjustment dependant on individual playing style. As we continue with our project, and our wonderful staff of dedicated MMers reports stats and observations over the many areas that need attention in this project, You will find in the "Stat Report Blank" a category that allows for the user to post what personal adjustments he made to AI sliders from the listed set that was used, so we all have a better Idea of what exactly his experiance was, and whether or not his own personal AI slider adjustments may have skewed the results in any way. Either for the good, or the bad.
Sometimes the best discoveries are made by accident, and we do not want to make the testing in any area so structured that accidental discovery is not possible. So we have tried to tread the fine line between structure to allow for accurate testing results, and the Freedom to allow for personal accidental discovery from man to man.

The "ALLEY FIGHT" sliders are the true BASE SET and the other two were constucted around them for personal level of challenge paramaters. I suggest that men use the Alley Fight's and make minor personal adjustments to make them either more or less challenging.

*When posting personal slider adjustments:
Please take care that the intention of this thread is not to be turned into yet another AI slider discussion on AI slider tweaks, nor an advertising forum for personal slider agenda. Things get extremely confused in a hurry if that is what takes place, and the new visitor often get's confused and is not helped by the REAL purpose of our experimentation.
The purpose of this thread is to stay on point of examining the methods and effects of using the OTHER adjustable aspects of the game to better represent realistic gameplay, ie. Coaching Options/Philosophy/Management/and Fatigue in Franchise mode and the Exportation of adjusted franchise teams for use in Play Now games and Tournament Play.

These sliders are a method by which we can all have similar experiance in order to better get a consensus on gameplay issues associated with Coaching Options/Philosophy/Management/and Fatigue based on a common ground. Personal adjustment for taste is totaly welcomed and encouraged as long as it is documented in the game reports.
Sm27

Brit Pitbul/Sm27’s MADDEN 2005 TOTAL COACHING PACKAGE
Official Coach Lab Base set-
“BAR FIGHT” -LEVEL 1-easy
ALL-PRO
12min QTRS/ACC CLOCK
PENALTIES:
HOLDING=8*
FACEMASK =8*
ALL OTHER PENALTIES MAXXED
ALL CPU ASSIST OFF
HUM SUB OUT=default%
HUM SUB IN=default%
CREATED PACKAGES=YES
OFFENSE:*
CPU/HUM
QB=5/6
PB=6/9
WR=12/9
RB=14/10
BLK=11/11
DEFENSE
CPU/HUM
AWR=6/6
KNK=15/20
INT=20/10
BRK=14/8
TKL=2/3
SPECIAL TEAMS:
CPU/HUM
FG=10/10
ACR=8/3
PNT=15/10
ACR=8/3
KO=13/10

Official Coach Lab Base set
“ALLEY FIGHT” 23 dec, 04-LEVEL 2-harder
ALL-PRO
12min QTRS/ACC CLOCK
PENALTIES:
HOLDING=8*
FACEMASK =8*
ALL CPU ASSIST OFF
HUM SUB OUT=default%
HUM SUB IN=default%
CREATED PACKAGES=YES
CPU/HUM
QB=5/6
PB=3/4
WR=10/9..the RED numbers indicate focal points for adjustment
RB=14/10
BLK=12/11
DEFENSE
CPU/HUM
AWR=8/6
KNK=14/20
INT=19/12
BRK=14/7
TKL=3/2

SPECIAL TEAMS:
CPU/HUM
FG=10/10
ACR=8/1
PNT=15/10
ACR=8/1
KO=13/10

Official Coach Lab Base set-
“MURDER” 23 dec, 04, Fj47 edit-LEVEL 3-hardest
ALL-PRO
12min QTRS/ACC CLOCK
PENALTIES:
HOLDING=8*
FACEMASK =8*
ALL CPU ASSIST OFF
HUM SUB OUT=default%
HUM SUB IN=default%
CREATED PACKAGES=YES

CPU/HUM
QB=7/6
PB=6/4
WR=11/9
RB=14/10
BLK=11/11
DEFENSE
CPU/HUM
AWR=10/6
KNK=14/20
INT=20/9
BRK=16/8
TKL=2/2
SPECIAL TEAMS:
CPU/HUM
FG=10/10
ACR=8/1
PNT=15/10
ACR=8/1
KO=13/10

***copy and paste this stat blank for all game reports please***

(your name here)
POSTED SLIDERSET USED=
PERSONAL SLIDER ADJUSTMENTS=

· TEAM(HUM)=SCORE

· TEAM(CPU).=SCORE

· TEAM(HUM)=TARGET RUN PASS-(as reported in the Coach's Chalkboard)

· TEAM(CPU).=TARGET RUN PASS -(as reported in the Coach's Chalkboard)

· TEAM(HUM)=ACHIEVED RUN PASS-(How it came out in your game)

· TEAM(CPU).=ACHIEVED RUN PASS-(How it came out in your game)

TEAM(HUM)
=OFFENSE
=QB.(name,qb rtg, completed/atts/yds, td, int, sack)
=RB (name, atts/yrds, td's, fum, btk's)
=O-LINE(pancakes)

TEAM(HUM)
=DEFENSE
=KEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER, (name key defensive player)
=LB's,(total number of tackles for all of the LBs)
=D-LINE,(total number of tackles for entire D-line)
=PUNTS,(how many)

TEAM(CPU)
=OFFENSE
=QB.(name,qb rtg, completed/atts/yds, td, int, sack)
=RB (name, atts/yrds, td's, fum, btk's)
=O-LINE(pancakes)

TEAM(CPU)
=DEFENSE
=KEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER, (name key defensive player)
=LB's,(total number of tackles for all of the LBs)
=D-LINE,(total number of tackles for entire D-line)
=PUNTS,(how many)

=TEAM(HUM) total yards
=TEAM(CPU). total yards

=TEAM(HUM) # of penalties.
=TEAM(CPU). # of penalties

*your thoughts,.(what you thought, what was good, what was bad, what would you like to see changed)
__________________________________________________ _______________

*Example of completed Stat Report below*

L_Burn'm
SLIDERSET USED= Murder

•Jacksonville (HUM)= 21

•Buffalo (CPU)= 16

•JAX(HUM)= TARGET 46/54

•BUF(CPU)= TARGET 46/54

•JAX(HUM)= ACHIEVED 56/44

•BUF(CPU)= ACHIEVED 37/63

BUF(CPU)
=OFFENSE:
= Bledsoe: 52.4 Rating, 18/36 195 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 2 Sacked
= Henry: 19 carries, 77 yards, 0 TDs, 0 Fumbles, 3 BTK
= O-LINE: 12 Pancakes (17 Total when you add WRs and RBs)

BUF(CPU)
=DEFENSE:
= KEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER: James Posey: 14 tackles (7 TFLs)
= LB's: 23 Tackles
= D-LINE: 7 Tackles
= PUNTS: 4 punts forced

JAX(HUM)
=OFFENSE:
= Leftwich: 104.3 Rating, 23/31 241 Yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 0 Sacked
= Taylor: 23 carries, 47 Yards, 0 TDs, 0 Fumbles, 4 BTKs
= O-LINE: 10 pancakes (15 as a team)

JAX(Hum)
=DEFENSE:
= KEY DEFENSIVE PLAYER: Mike Peterson 10 tackles
= LB's: 20 Tackles
= D-LINE: 6 tackles
= PUNTS: 4 punts forced

= JAX (HUM) TOTAL YARDS: 414
= BUF (CPU):TOTAL YARDS 367

= JAX (HUM):PENS-1/10 yards
= BUF (CPU):PENS-2/17 yards

*Comments: The game was fun and intense. One thing that I noticed was how the line just couldn't block as the CPU managed 14 or so tackles for a loss. I had 4 as a team which isn't outta the norm. Deflections were accurate on both sides. BUF really ran the ball, but as the game came down the stretch they had to air it out so their run/pass balance is skewed. They actually ran more than it seems but when Bledose was wingin' it it makes it look un-natural. Henry was the focus of the offense and that was cool. Since I dominated T.O.P. they never really had the ball and they finished with 270 something in total offense. I ran for over 100 as a team, but HUM running may need a touch since it seemed like I was going backwards for every play and then bust a big run and I credit my 100 yard team day to the fact that my D kept my offense on the field and thus BUF was fatigued. 108 yards on 40 carries is kinda low (2.7). It may just be the JAX line being inferior to the BUF D-Line. Who knows. I didn't feel cheated though and that's the good news. I won on plain strategy and execution. Leftwich 76% passing
Last edited by sm27 : 12-31-2004 at 06:42 PM.

So how do I actually USE this system?
The First Step is that you HAVE to Control All 32 Teams in a Franchise to begin. This is Non Negotiable because it is the Only Way that you can have access to all of the Coaching Philosophy sliders.

The NEXT step is to Download my "Coach's Chalkboards" word document. This will allow you to see what all of your Coach's settings should be from week to week in your Franchise.

For GAMES THAT YOU PLAY, you will Always set BOTH TEAMS to the Red "Sm27's Play set" Numbers.

For games that you DON'T PLAY, games during the play week that the CPU SIMS, All of those teams get set to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" Numbers. This insures that the Sim engine is spitting out stats that are more inline with what is happening during the games, and more inline with NFL stats.

You Now know how to use the information that is in the "Coach's Chalkboards" in your 32 team Franchise.

This is How you set Up your 32 Team Franchise:

1. Load your Favorite Roster
2. Load Your Favorite AI settings
3. Start a Franchise setting All 32 Teams to User
4. Go to "MY MADDEN/COACHING STRATEGY/COACH OPTIONS/COACHING PHILOSOPHY" ,set your teams coaching philosophy sliders to the Red "Sm27's Play Set" , all coaching philosophy sliders for all of the other 31 teams /head coaches that will be controlled/owned by the CPU get set to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" settings. this will fix the sim engine for all of the teams that you don't play during a Franchise Week, and reflect more realistic stats that your team will match up against during the season. This 32 team setting only needs to be done once at the beginning of each season.
5. Go to "MY MADDEN/COACHING STRATEGY/COACH OPTIONS/MANAGEMENT, set all CPU ASSIST of the other 31 teams besides the team you are using to:CPU...drafting,depth charts, etc.....
6. BEFORE AND AFTER EACH GAME THAT YOU PLAY, Change the OPPOSING CPU COACHED TEAM that you are playing AGAINST in any given "Play Week" to the Red "Sm27's Play Set" settings. After your game is played, you restore the CPU team that you just finished playing BACK to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" settings and move into the next playweek.

As of January 1st, 2005, this is the proceedure for using all of this information in a Nutshell.

SOME ADDITIONAL OPTIONS THAT ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO YOU:

* EXPORTING TEAMS:
* You can export any of your teams that have their coaching settings set to "Sm27's Play set". This will allow you to have fixed playcalling from the CPU in all of your "Play Now" and "Tournament Games". You can play any team vs. any other team in "Play Now" games! The Playcalling fix is not limited to only Franchise Play, because the Coaching Settings are saved WITH the Exported Team! The only requirement is that you adjust your Coaching Settings BEFORE you export the team because Coaching adjustments are not available to you in either the "Play Now" or "Tournament" modes. These adjustments can only be made in Franchise Mode. What is really cool about this is you NEVER have to play against the CPU in madden's stock unfinished state again!

Current Testing Model....
*Current Test Model for 1 january 2005*

wringing out the Formula

Right!
So we now have our Sim engine settings courtesy of BritPitbul and friends.
We also have our Offensive Run/Pass formula that seems to be working GREAT!
I think we now need to focus on the Offensive Aggressiveness slider as per the Notation I have on the "Bulletin Board" below in post #8

let us first examine the current Offensive aggressiveness formula. This involves Having to know the Entire Staff Avg as displayed in the Chalkboards.

This may be the wrong way of going about this. Even though the current Offensive Aggressiveness formula is giving us pretty good results, it involves knowing the entire Staff Coaching Values Avg. in order to get the resulting setting for the Offensive Aggressiveness slider.

This may also be a Playbook related Issue. We need to discover if their is a Hard and Fast "RULE" that can be applied to this particular slider in the Same way that we have applied a "Rule", (The FORMULA) when adjusting the HC Offensive Run/Pass slider, using "Playbook RUN/PASS Play Percentages".

Someone needs to be investigating this, I have not yet come up with a relationship between Offensive Aggressiveness, and Playbook percentages, But If someone could sit down with the Coach's Chalkboard Information and Examine it to see if their are any "Trends" displayed in the Default coaches settings, maybe they would notice something that is KEY.

In the mean time we need to be getting more Feedback on the way the Game is playing Now with the Current System

IF you are interested in helping us please do the following:

1. Look at the post just above this one and follow all of the steps that are listed in order to start a Franchise Using this system.
2. For sliders, please use the one of the three slider sets that I have posted in POST#3, and just make minor adjustment to them for your own taste.Or you may use your own personal set of sliders if that makes you more comfortable, just as long as you are sure that they are not Inducing the CPU in its ability to call plays. But instead your custom sliders should allow the CPU to call plays based on its Coaching sliders. If you DO use your own sliders, Please be sure of this before posting any results. It can get VERY confusing if someone joins in, but because they're sliders are unbalanced their Results are out of whack....It can have the result in leading everyone down a skewed path that results in a major waste of time and effort. So Please be concious of this.
3. For a Uniform Test Franchise, If you are an XBOX tester and have action replay, You may Download Brit's Action Replay Test Franchise which is in POST #10. This has been Our Standard thus Far. If you are Ps2 no problem, Your help is still welcomed, Simply Follow the Instructions for starting a Franchise as laid out in POST#4
4. Please post your results in the Conveniantly Laid Out Game Report Blank that is Posted in POST#3. Take note please, of the Manner in which L_B_urn_em has entered his results. That is the manner in which the form was intended to be used to allow for quick and easy Stat reporting and Quick and easy comparrison with other Guys.
5. What we are looking For? general gameplay/cpu playcalling issues to be associated with the offensive aggressiveness slider

Please post you responses/stat reports with General opinions and discoveries in this thread.
Thank You SO much for all of your help and participation!
Sm27

An Abreviated Version of what you will Find in the WORD.DOC
"THE SYSTEM" for BEARS-49ers
How to Use these to Start a Franchise:

4. Go to "MY MADDEN/COACHING STRATEGY/COACH OPTIONS/COACHING PHILOSOPHY" ,set your teams coaching philosophy sliders to the Red "Sm27's Play Set" , all coaching philosophy sliders for all of the other 31 teams /head coaches that will be controlled/owned by the CPU get set to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" settings. this will fix the sim engine for all of the teams that you don't play during a Franchise Week, and reflect more realistic stats that your team will match up against during the season. This 32 team setting only needs to be done once at the beginning of each season.
5. Go to "MY MADDEN/COACHING STRATEGY/COACH OPTIONS/MANAGEMENT, set all CPU ASSIST of the other 31 teams besides the team you are using to:CPU...drafting,depth charts, etc.....
6. BEFORE AND AFTER EACH GAME THAT YOU PLAY, Change the OPPOSING CPU COACHED TEAM that you are playing AGAINST in any given "Play Week" to the Red "Sm27's Play Set" settings. After your game is played, you restore the CPU team that you just finished playing BACK to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" settings and move into the next playweek.

BEARS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=48/52
H.C. PLAYBOOK= L. SMITH
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-33/67
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-67
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-137
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-16
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
COVER 2
BLITZES-34
For games You Don't play that the CPU sims during Play week in Franchise:
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
35/65-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
For games You Do play HUM vs. CPU during Play week in Franchise
SM27’S PLAY SET:
65/35-(O-run/pass)
47/53-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
37/63-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)

BENGALS COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=47/53
HC PLAYBOOK= M. Lewis
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-36/64
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-75
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-132
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-20
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
61/39-(O-run/pass)
44/66-(O-con/agg)
15/85-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
36/64-(D-con/agg)

BILLS COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=46/54
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Malarkey
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-31/69
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-62
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-142
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-19
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
65/35-(O-run/pass)
30/70-(O-con/agg)
13/87-(RB2/1)
41/59-(D-run/pass)
35/65-(D-con/agg)

BRONCOS COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=45/55
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Shannahan
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-72
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-141
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-22
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
20/80-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
61/39-(O-run/pass)
41/59-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
49/51-(D-run/pass)
55/45-(D-con/agg)

BROWNS COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=43/57
HC PLAYBOOK=B. Davis
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-41/59
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-87
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-126
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-27
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
45/65-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
52/48-(O-run/pass)
38/62-(O-con/agg)
42/58-(RB2/1)
39/61-(D-run/pass)
45/55-(D-con/agg)

BUCS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Gruden
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-36/64
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-74
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-133
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-20
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
COVER-2
BLITZES-34
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
30/70-(RB2/1)
17/83-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
58/42-(O-run/pass)
45/55-(O-con/agg)
26/74-(RB2/1)
41/59-(D-run/pass)
36/65-(D-con/agg)

CARDS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=48/52
HC PLAYBOOK=D. Green
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-35/65
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-71
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-132
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-14
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
63/37-(O-run/pass)
36/64-(O-con/agg)
16/84-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
40/60-(D-con/agg)

CHARGERS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=53/47
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Schottenheimer
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-38/62
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-81
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-132
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-34
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
65/35-(O-run/pass)
37/63-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
45/55-(D-con/agg)

CHIEFS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=D.Vermeil
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-31/69
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-66
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-144
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-29
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
63/37-(O-run/pass)
38/62-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
40/60-(D-run/pass)
50/50-(D-con/agg)

COLTS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=42/58
HC PLAYBOOK=T. Dungy
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-32/68
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-72
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-150
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-32
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
60/40-(O-run/pass)
34/66-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
41/59-(D-run/pass)
54/46-(D-con/agg)

COWBOYS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=53/47
HC PLAYBOOK=B. Parcels
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-36/64
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-76
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-137
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-15
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
67/33-(O-run/pass)
40/60-(O-con/agg)
30/70-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
30/70-(D-con/agg)

DOLPHINS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=52/48
HC PLAYBOOK=D. Wannstedt
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-39/61
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-83
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-130
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-26
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
30/70-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
63/37-(O-run/pass)
36/64-(O-con/agg)
18/82-(RB2/1)
43/57-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)

EAGLES- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=46/54
HC PLAYBOOK=A. Reid
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-37/63
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-81
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-135
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-23
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-6
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
59/41-(O-run/pass)
41/59-(O-con/agg)
32/68-(RB2/1)
52/48-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)

FALCONS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=45/55
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Mora
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-31/69
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-85
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-131
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-12
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
35/65-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
64/36-(O-run/pass)
37/63-(O-con/agg)
31/69-(RB2/1)
49/51-(D-run/pass)
25/75-(D-con/agg)

49ERs- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=D. Erickson
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-37/63
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-75
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-126
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
57/43-(O-run/pass)
34/66-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
43/57-(D-run/pass)
45/55-(D-con/agg)

An Abreviated Version of what you will Find in the WORD.DOC,pg 2
"THE SYSTEM" for GIANTS-VIKINGS
How to Use these to Start a Franchise:

GIANTS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=52/48
HC PLAYBOOK=T. Coughlin
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-37/63
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-77
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-133
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-21
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
65/35-(O-run/pass)
41/59-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
46/64-(D-run/pass)
40/60-(D-con/agg)

JAGS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=52/48
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Del Rio
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-32/68
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-66
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-138
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-18
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
70/30-(O-run/pass)
23/76-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
50/50-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)

JETS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=46/54
HC PLAYBOOK=H. Edwards
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-39/61
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-82
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-128
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
COVER-2
BLITZES-34
BRIT’S SIM SET:
50/50-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
57/43-(O-run/pass)
40/60-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
42/58-(D-run/pass)
25/79-(D-con/agg)

LIONS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=50/50
HC PLAYBOOK=S. Mariucci
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-36/64
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-73
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-128
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-21
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
64/36-(O-run/pass)
26/74-(O-con/agg)
21/79-(RB2/1)
49/51-(D-run/pass)
50/50-(D-con/agg)

PACKERS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Sherman
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-43/57
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-89
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-118
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-22
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
51/49-(O-run/pass)
46/54-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
35/65-(D-con/agg)

PANTHERS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=53/47
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Fox
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-44/56
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-93
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-120
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-17
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
50/50-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
35/65-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
59/41-(O-run/pass)
43/57-(O-con/agg)
28/72-(RB2/1)
51/49-(D-run/pass)
28/72-(D-con/agg)

PATRIOTS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=45/55
HC PLAYBOOK=B. Belichik
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-37/63
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-7
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-131
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-21
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-3-4
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
58/42-(O-run/pass)
36/64-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
39/61-(D-run/pass)
26/74-(D-con/agg)

RAIDERS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=N. Turner
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-29/71
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-59
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-145
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-15
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-32
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
65/35-(O-run/pass)
35/65-(O-con/agg)
37/63-(RB2/1)
37/63-(D-run/pass)
36/64-(D-con/agg)

RAMS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=42/58
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Martz
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-70
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-137
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
COVER 2
BLITZES-34
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
25/75-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
41/59-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
58/42-(O-run/pass)
22/88-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
41/59-(D-run/pass)
30/70-(D-con/agg)

RAVENS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=53/47
HC PLAYBOOK=B. Billick
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-37/63
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-76
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-131
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-32
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
20/80-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
66/34-(O-run/pass)
32/68-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
45/55-(D-run/pass)
23/77-(D-con/agg)

REDSKINS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=54/47
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Gibbs
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-68
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-130
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-25
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
30/70-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
70/30-(O-run/pass)
35/65-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
40/60-(D-run/pass)
44/66-(D-con/agg)

SAINTS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=48/52
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Haslett
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-69
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-132
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-19
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
64/36-(O-run/pass)
32/68-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
46/64-(D-run/pass)
40/60-(D-con/agg)

SEAHAWKS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=47/53
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Holmgren
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-40/60
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-90
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-135
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-24
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
20/80-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
57/43-(O-run/pass)
46/54-(O-con/agg)
11/89-(RB2/1)
41/59-(D-run/pass)
45/55-(D-con/agg)

STEELERS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=51/49
HC PLAYBOOK=B. Cowher
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-30/70
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-64
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-132
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-22
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-32
BRIT’S SIM SET:
60/40-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
45/55-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
71/29-(O-run/pass)
23/77-(O-con/agg)
24/76-(RB2/1)
52/48-(D-run/pass)
21/79-(D-con/agg)

TEXANS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=48/52
HC PLAYBOOK=D. Capers
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-39/61
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-86
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-133
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-19
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
3-4
BLITZES-32
BRIT’S SIM SET:
45/55-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
59/41-(O-run/pass)
36/64-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
40/60-(D-run/pass)
30/70-(D-con/agg)

TITANS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=44/56
HC PLAYBOOK=J. Fisher
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-74
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-142
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-26
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
40/60-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
17/83-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
31/69-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
60/40-(O-run/pass)
34/64-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
38/62-(D-run/pass)
35/65-(D-con/agg)

VIKINGS- COACH’S CHALKBOARD
TARGET RUN/PASS=45/55
HC PLAYBOOK=M. Tice
PLAYBOOK RUN/PASS%-34/66
NUM OF RUN PLAYS-71
NUM OF PASS PLAYS-136
NUM OF P.A PLAYS-21
DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOK
4-3
BLITZES-23
BRIT’S SIM SET:
35/65-(O-run/pass)
80/20-(O-con/agg)
10/90-(RB2/1)
60/40-(D-run/pass)
51/49-(D-con/agg)
SM27’S PLAY SET:
61/39-(O-run/pass)
27/73-(O-con/agg)
29/71-(RB2/1)
40/60-(D-run/pass)
50/50-(D-con/agg)

Bulletin Board!!
This is where I will post updates, and General Information based on feed back as well as pertinant Information regarding changes in the Formula and other discoveries along the way..........
This will be an ever evolving source of information keeping everyone apprised of key discoveries, and links to important Posts throughout this thread, as well as updated Current events in our testing process to keep everyone on the same page.
Sm27

*CURRENT EVENTS*

1 JAN 2005.....
Gmbreaker, Adembroski2, and Sm27 are currently investigating a number of issues pertaining to the Offensive Aggressiveness Coaching slider in order to better construct a workable formula pertaing to this Particular slider. Their Current discourse describing some of the issues involved with this particular slider relating to Playcalling by the CPU coaches in Madden 2005 can be found starting in POST#54in this thread. Gmbreaker is going to need some help if anyone wants to contribute to his particular mode of testing, Any interested Parties need only keep their eye out for posts From GMbreaker in this thread on the mode of testing for the particular areas that he is focusing on, and how he might need help.
I am looking at the Relationships, if any, between Certain coaching "Attributes" and the Offensive Aggressiveness slider.
Sm27

January 1, 2005*

We Still need to go further in our research.

* Offensive Aggressiveness formula: (CURRENTLY TESTING)It needs to be better defined and tested. the Formula that we are currently Using Might need a tweak, perhaps it is a "Threshold" setting that we should be looking at.(over/under a certain setting results in what? for every playbook..), or is there a specific relationship between any head coaches number of PA plays, or Pass play percentages in any one playbook, and the offensive aggressiveness slider that can be defined. Perhaps it works best with a Minus "x" to the Aggressiveness slider from default, if any given coach's playbook has over "x" percentage of pass plays, and a different minus "x" to the Aggressiveness slider from default, if any given coach's playbook has LESS than "X" percentage of Pass Plays in their Playbook. This would be the preferred line of adjustment because that makes this particular adjustment repeatable and consistant along with the offensive run/pass formula for each individual coach over future franchise years,Based on Playbook run/pass play percentages as opposed to the current offensive aggressiveness formula which is centered around staff offensive aggressiveness AVG. Please see POST #5 for current test Model
* Defensive run Pass Formula: This needs to be honed. The Current Formula in use for this particular slider may be wrong in it's formulation by taking the ENTIRE staff avg into consideration as it's base. It may be only necessary to have the HC and DC Defensive run Pass Avg to use as the base, which would be a very good thing because that would extend the years into future franchise's before we would have to do another Sim Forward to find out Values for ST Assistants, this would render the need for knowing their (st) specific values to have as part of the "Staff Avg" as not important.
* Coaching Management sliders and the role they play in the Madden Rookie Player Generator..After we have completed our coaching Formula, I believe that this is the next logical step in our research. I will present a "Test Model" that we can all be on the same page with in order to Clear this whole thing up, Probably around the 10th or 12th of Jan, 2005 we should be able to embark on this venture.
* Owner Mode Policy:...since we are controlling all 32 teams we are going to run into some major problems down the road unless we can find out everything that we can about the best ways to insure that the other 31 teams that we are controlling in Franchise Mode make money so as not to go broke, and also keep their fan support stays above a certain threshold level (to be determined) so as to INSURE that they don't have to move. We need a Simple, easy to apply Process that we can use for all of the teams since the Option to turn off owner mode is no longer available to us, and the option to turn off the CPU's desire to move teams has never been available to us from EA. We can be pulling together Ideas from wherever we can find them across the internet, and defining a possible easy to apply effective protocol, all throughought the testing of these other issues. An Immediate start date is now in effect for the Compillation of Research and Ideas.

*If anyone has A Current XBOX roster on ACTION REPLAY that has not been "Performance enhanced", Let me know and we can use that as a uniform Franchise Test file. Same goes for Ps2.
Sm27, 30 december, 2004
Last edited by sm27 : Yesterday at 02:59 PM.

Credits/Valuable input and participation
These Individuals are true MMers in every sense. I have never been part of a project on MaddenMania that had more of a "Team" concept and spirit. The Dedication of these gentlemen made doing this work not only possible, but their selfless dedication and attention to detail made this research Accurate as well. I am proud to be a part of this team that worked together in the old school MM sense that this website is based on.
The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth......

research and data compilation:
GMbreaker
49Flat400!
Lonell
Ahop 23
WhiteRussian
CMP66
Fracture
(I will edit in any names I missed as I search back through the thread)

Tireless Testers/ Lab Stat reporters:
GMbreaker
Lonell
Ahop23
WhiteRussian
Britpitbull
Adembroski2
NCHelix
KFB
Flamehead
L_Burn_em
KingV2K3
Paytonthetank
LDawg
KZDWFY
Crazyman
the ummmLions
Jrod
Dh9
CMP66
Ron79
and the one and only "Details Man" Fj47.
(I will edit in any names I missed as I search back through the thread)

Quality Control, asking the tough questions
Adembroski2
Maddenmaniac
Jacky Janos
Fracture
PigPen
Degeezy
JagsFan4Life
NinerDynasty
Trey5
Millenium

Head of Security
stephensonmc

Security, Crowd control
Britpitbull
GMbreaker
Adembroski2
Flamehead
L_Burn_em
the ummmLions
KZDWFY

Headaches, and sleep depravation coutesy of:
Ea Marketing Dept for rushing the release of an unfinished product

Patience and Understanding:
my GF Leslie for being cool

*Special Thanks to The Mods and all those that make MM possible!
Sm27
Last edited by sm27 : 12-31-2004 at 05:46 AM.

*downloads*
This Is the Download Page of the thread:

CURRENT DOWNLOADS:

1. Sm27's Jan 1st 2005 update to Boards and sliders.doc
2. BritPitbul's Xbox Action replay Test Franchise*

* For GAMES THAT YOU PLAY, you will Always set BOTH TEAMS to the Red "Sm27's Play set" Numbers as documented in the word document.
For games that you DON'T PLAY, games during the play week that the CPU SIMS, All of those teams get set to the Blue "Brit's Sim Set" Numbers. This insures that the Sim engine is spitting out stats that are more inline with what is happening during the Played games, and more inline with NFL stats.
All 32 Teams in Brit's Action Replay Test Franchise File are already Pre-Set for you to "Brit's Sim Set".
You need only to Input the "Sm27's Play set" numbers before you play a game for both teams, when using Brit's File, Then restore the team that you just played against BACK to "Brit's Sim Set" After your game is Finished, and move on to the next play week.
Sm27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #6
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Neo, thanks so much. I very much appreciate you posting this info. Maybe now i can get somewhere with my franchise.

mman19
Old 01-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #7
MVP

Bird006's Arena

Wow.. Finnally finished fixing all the sliders.. going to try it out tonight.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:18 PM   #8
MVP

Bird006's Arena

Damnn.. I used the "Murder" sliders in my Bills 'chise against the Jaguars. The computer played a lot smarter, establishing the run to set up the pass. Tayler had 25 rushes for 160 yards on me. Leftwitch threw for 334 on 28 attempts. I'm going to move down to the "Alley fight" sliders and see how it works. Also, stats are looking very realistic after tweaking the coaching sliders. Great find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »