Home

OS Collaborative Slider Project

This is a discussion on OS Collaborative Slider Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2005, 05:04 PM   #73
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: OS Collaborative Slider Project

Latest game. Pitt(me) vs Giants(CPU)

Turned out as I expected. Pitt wins 27-14. Tough fought win. Couple of key turnovers on special teams cost the Giants big time.

Sacks:
Human sacking CPU (4)
CPU sacking Human (3)

Pancakes:
Human (7,5,3,2,2,2,1,1,1), Total of 24
CPU (4,2,2,2,2,1) Total of 13

For the CPU, seems very good to me. Human probably still a tad high, but not sure what else can be done without ruining the pass/run game that feels very good to me.

Moved INT to 0 for CPU and worked pretty good for me. I still threw a pick, but seemed more realistic since I had a reasonable pass game. Keeping it there for now. Both QB's were in the upper 50's for completion percent.

Once again rushing pretty good. Pitt around 120 and Giants around 85. Giants had to play catch-up.

Last edited by SlyBelle; 08-28-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #74
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle
Just curious, what do people feel are good pancake numbers to have?

Pancakes are not an official NFL stat. but in Madden a pro-bowl lineman should get about 6-7 at the most per game. the next lowest should be about 4-5.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:09 PM   #75
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePolicy
Pancakes are not an official NFL stat. but in Madden a pro-bowl lineman should get about 6-7 at the most per game. the next lowest should be about 4-5.
If that is true, then my last two games appear to be right on par. Only strange thing I have noticed (might be just madden not handling it well), I have not seen any holding penalties in 3 games. I wonder if changing sliders have some impact on that. I'm going to bump the holding slider up a bit on my next game to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #76
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
If that is true, then my last two games appear to be right on par. Only strange thing I have noticed (might be just madden not handling it well), I have not seen any holding penalties in 3 games. I wonder if changing sliders have some impact on that. I'm going to bump the holding slider up a bit on my next game to see.
I have all my penalties sliders maxed out, but the Holding and Face Mask sliders are lowered a click each. I have seen at least 2 to 3 holds per quarter, and also at least a false start from either team. I haven't seen any pass inferences yet.

The penalties sliders seem good to me.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:15 PM   #77
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

Latest and last game for the night. Pitt(me) vs. Seattle(CPU)

Seattle destroyed me 48-10. I couldn't do a thing and they ran all over me. Was kinda nice to see that once in a while a blowout can happen. Too bad it was the CPU who did it.

Sacks:
Human sacking CPU (3)
CPU sacking Human (3)

Pancakes:
Human(7,7,5,3,2,2,1) Total 27 (Faneca and Starks with 7, pro bowl potential)
CPU(4,3,3,3,1,1,1) Total 16

Passing for both teams good. Around 60%. Too bad for me I had 3 picks. I'm going to try CPU knockdowns at 0. Still a little hard for me to pass, only can complete the short stuff.

Rushing for the CPU was huge. Had over 150 yards and averaged near 7. Although my last few games had good CPU yardage, their backs did have high averages. Thinking about dropping CPU run ability a little bit or upping human break block. My rushing game was OK, around 80 yards, but due to the score I had to throw all the time.

Once again great sliders, I think I have found what works for me.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #78
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Quote:
Latest and last game for the night. Pitt(me) vs. Seattle(CPU)

Seattle destroyed me 48-10. I couldn't do a thing and they ran all over me. Was kinda nice to see that once in a while a blowout can happen. Too bad it was the CPU who did it.

Sacks:
Human sacking CPU (3)
CPU sacking Human (3)

Pancakes:
Human(7,7,5,3,2,2,1) Total 27 (Faneca and Starks with 7, pro bowl potential)
CPU(4,3,3,3,1,1,1) Total 16

Passing for both teams good. Around 60%. Too bad for me I had 3 picks. I'm going to try CPU knockdowns at 0. Still a little hard for me to pass, only can complete the short stuff.

Rushing for the CPU was huge. Had over 150 yards and averaged near 7. Although my last few games had good CPU yardage, their backs did have high averages. Thinking about dropping CPU run ability a little bit or upping human break block. My rushing game was OK, around 80 yards, but due to the score I had to throw all the time.

Once again great sliders, I think I have found what works for me.

thanks a lot. I will post my new update now for you to try. thanks again for all your help!
Old 08-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #79
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Ok boys, here it is. I was hoping to be done with this for good after this update...but...I'm really close and even i do update something on these...i think its just going to be a click here a click there...

Here's what i tried to fix...

1. With my last set, i wasn't happy with the CPU run, it was a little sluggish, I saw Jamal Lewis run for too many 3.4 averages. Not good. Tweaked CPU Running game.

2. Human pancakes. I think they're pretty good now...i've only played a few and the most i saw on my side in those games was 7. pretty good if you ask me.

3. Broken tackles as i mentioned before...you will see many more. no elaboration needed.

4. I found Human passing game to be a bit easy. I was routinely throwing for 65% 100+ ratings.

5. Human Pass deflections were a bit high. Toned those down.

6. Some people were saying they were getting too many Human sacks...i never really had that problem. But this attempts to fix that too.

that's about it. with out further ado...

Sub in and out at 85%-91%
All-Madden Level
Accelerated Clock ON (12 Minute quarters)

Offense HUMAN/CPU

Accuracy 10/9
Pass Block 4/1
WR Catch 11/10
Run Ability 5/7
Run Block 3/2

Defense HUMAN/CPU

Awareness 13/6
Knockdowns 6/1
Interceptions 9/4
Break Block 5/2
Tackling 4/3

Special Teams HUMAN/CPU (these are really just personal preference)

FG Length 10/9
FG Accuracy 8/6
Punt Length 10/13
Punt Accuracy 9/18
Kickoff Length 10/10

PENALTIES

False Start-9
Holding-8
Face Mask-7
Offensive Pass Interference-10
Defensive Pass Interference-10
KR/PR Catch Interference-10
Clipping-8
Intentional grounding-10
Roughing The Passer-10
Roughing The Kicker-10
Old 08-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #80
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

I'll try and give them a shot tomorrow. Might have to stick with some of your existing sliders and work from there. I thought they were real close, except for a few things. I'm sure the difference is because of my skill level and the way I play. Your probably better than I. Here is what I saw and looking to correct.

Human/CPU Pancakes - As you saw in all my other posts, averaged 7 or less for human lineman and less than 5 for CPU. I see no reason to adjust these at this point.

CPU Running - I actually saw the opposite. Although the CPU usually had reasonable total yardage, their leading back was most times averaging 6+ yards. I'm probably going to bump Human break block up and lower CPU running ability a Tad.

Human Running - Pretty darn close. May just lower CPU tackling to 3. As you suggested if it was tough to run. No major changes here.

Human Passing - Usually can only complete short stuff. I'm going to put INTs and Knockdowns to 0. In some quick tests, I saw no major drop offs on the CPU behalf. It was still tough to pass, but not the huge number of INTs. Probably just because I'm not that great at passing.

CPU Passing - I really have no complaints. CPU usually hovered at high 50s, low 60's. Yardage was good. CPU could move the ball as I thought they should.

I'll let you know what I discover and appreciate the hard work you put in. It has given me a great start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »