Home

OS Collaborative Slider Project

This is a discussion on OS Collaborative Slider Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2005, 09:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OS Collaborative Slider Project

For Corporatepolicy

It's not i don't like you're sliders, but can you try that the CPU and human QB have 50% and more for percentage completion. Like that in the NFL.

Good job whit you're sliders, i love it.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #34
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanileg
For Corporatepolicy

It's not i don't like you're sliders, but can you try that the CPU and human QB have 50% and more for percentage completion. Like that in the NFL.

Good job whit you're sliders, i love it.

I agree with you that CPU completion percentage needs to be a bit better. I'm still not completely happy with that. ButI've actually haven't had the problem at all with the human offense. If anything i think i complete too many. That's why i'm still tweaking just a bit. Anyway, what were your completion percentages the last few games?

Last edited by CorporatePolicy; 08-21-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporatePolicy
I agree with you that CPU completion percentage needs to be a bit better. I'm still not completely happy with that. ButI've actually haven't had the problem at all with the human offense. If anything i think i complete too many. That's why i'm still tweaking just a bit. Anyway, what were your completion percentages the last few games?
49%

I decrease the CPU/human interceptions at 1. I see 2 interceptions in my game. Maybe if you increase by 1 the human/cpu accuracy and WR cactching for both by 2, can you try and give me feedbacks please? I'M gonna try this.

Offense HUMAN/CPU

Accuracy 14/12
Pass Block 18/6
WR Catch 13/13
Run Ability 10/11
Run Block 11/10

Defense HUMAN/CPU

Awareness 14/8
Knockdowns 6/0
Interceptions 9/6
Break Block 13/13
Tackling 10/9

Special Teams HUMAN/CPU

FG Length 10/9
FG Accuracy 8/6
Punt Length 11/13
Punt Accuracy 9/8
Kickoff Length 10/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #36
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanileg
49%

I decrease the CPU/human interceptions at 1. I see 2 interceptions in my game. Maybe if you increase by 1 the human/cpu accuracy and WR cactching for both by 2, can you try and give me feedbacks please? I'M gonna try this.

Offense HUMAN/CPU

Accuracy 14/12
Pass Block 18/6
WR Catch 13/13
Run Ability 10/11
Run Block 11/10

Defense HUMAN/CPU

Awareness 14/8
Knockdowns 6/0
Interceptions 9/6
Break Block 13/13
Tackling 10/9

Special Teams HUMAN/CPU

FG Length 10/9
FG Accuracy 8/6
Punt Length 11/13
Punt Accuracy 9/8
Kickoff Length 10/

I will try them out. I was thinking about raising the CPU accuracy slider anyway. I'll let you know what i get. keep me updated as well.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:17 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
I played a few more games with your newest sliders, and the results were pretty decent. I won't post the exact stats, but I played as the Chargers v. the Colts and won 30 - 27 (Manning was pretty bad in the 1st half, but picked it up and finished with 300+ yards) and then as the Seahawks v. the Vikings and lost 35 - 32 in OT. That was the first game where the cpu quarterback really played well throughout. Culpepper had over 300 yards with 3 tds and no ints on just 13 completions (16 attempts). I purposely crammed the line (and held the cpu to 3 ypc) and sure enough, the cpu just kept going downfield and killing my corners.

As for the human qb stats, now that I'm used to the cone I'm finding passing to be slightly too easy. The games I've played, I've had Harrington, Garcia, Brees and Hasselbeck and I'd estimate my average passer rating is about 105.
For my next few games, I'll set WR catching to 10 and accuracy down to 11 and see how that goes.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #38
Rookie

CorporatePolicy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmp
I played a few more games with your newest sliders, and the results were pretty decent. I won't post the exact stats, but I played as the Chargers v. the Colts and won 30 - 27 (Manning was pretty bad in the 1st half, but picked it up and finished with 300+ yards) and then as the Seahawks v. the Vikings and lost 35 - 32 in OT. That was the first game where the cpu quarterback really played well throughout. Culpepper had over 300 yards with 3 tds and no ints on just 13 completions (16 attempts). I purposely crammed the line (and held the cpu to 3 ypc) and sure enough, the cpu just kept going downfield and killing my corners.

As for the human qb stats, now that I'm used to the cone I'm finding passing to be slightly too easy. The games I've played, I've had Harrington, Garcia, Brees and Hasselbeck and I'd estimate my average passer rating is about 105.
For my next few games, I'll set WR catching to 10 and accuracy down to 11 and see how that goes.

I agree with you. I've gotten pretty good at the cone passing as well. I was thinking about that too, but i don't want too many drops either. Let me know how it goes on default for WR Catch.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #39
Rookie

****! My controller is dead! Today i gone to bought a new controller and i try this.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:26 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
I agree with you. I've gotten pretty good at the cone passing as well. I was thinking about that too, but i don't want too many drops either. Let me know how it goes on default for WR Catch.
ok, so I've played a few more games, and while most of them were fun and pretty close throughout, there have been a few disturbing trends.

First and foremost: human completion percentage. Now that I've fully adjusted to cone passing, I find myself completing more than 70% of my passes on a regular basis, and I haven't exactly been using Manning or Culpepper.
I tried lowering WR catching, but that results in an annoying number of drops, that just aren't very realistic (and is there anything more annoying than a guy like McCardell or Gonzalez dropping an easy TD catch for no apparent reason? something like that would never happen in real life)

And when I lower QB accuracy, the number of interceptions goes up. Here's where the problem lies: in previous maddens, incompletions were mainly a result of knockdowns. On one hand I found this to be slightly annoying, since at least half of the incompletions in the NFL are simply a result of off target throws, something that seldom happened in madden before this year.
In Madden 06, we're finally seeing more off target passing and overthrows,
except that now it seems like every second missed pass results in an interception, because the passes are often way off, and the AI reacts extremely well with the ball in the air.
Now, with the knockdown slider set as low as it is, most of my incompletions come on off-target passes, and way too many of those are intercepted. That results in QB stat lines like this one:
Brady: 17-21, 2 TD, 3 INT
Out of just 4 incompletions, the CPU intercepted 3. In addition, all 3 balls were intercepted by players who weren't even covering the man I was passing too.

In my opinion, the only solution that can fix the problem long-term, is leaving QB accuracy and WR catching where they are, increasing CPU knockdowns and lowering ints.

Last edited by mcmp; 08-24-2005 at 07:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »