Home

Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders

This is a discussion on Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You should not be posting your entire set of rosters in a coachs thread because there are sliders here already posted by the threads creator.

Offering obsevations and helpful game tips is cool but a complete set is a bit rich and I've seen this kind of thing happen before.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
lol ok again. I talked with him, and he said it was 'cool'. so let me offer you a helpful 'tip'. Let the rickster mind the ricksters business...k?

BTW I didn't realize that I had posted any rosters. Maybe I should go back and check again. lol
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #58
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay
lol ok again. I talked with him, and he said it was 'cool'. so let me offer you a helpful 'tip'. Let the rickster mind the ricksters business...k?

BTW I didn't realize that I had posted any rosters. Maybe I should go back and check again. lol

Cool its settled then I will comment on the sliders in this thread for coachs and you can assist us here with some helpful coaching obsevations then we're all happy campers so if you don't mind I'd like to get back to this threads sliders and focus on that as I am into coaching and this is one of a few threads addressing this style of play.

On a lighter note I wanted to ask Hydrostar about the "RBA" being so high(19) I'm seeing some backs are somewhat hard to bring down and display abilitys not really attributed to their real life counter parts.

Stormlor commented on this in a previous post and left some stats on them which looked kinda odd in what happened with E.James,he suggested a setting lower then 19 have you tried this to see what happens?

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

just beat indy with jacksonville 34-27. i put peyton manning out for the season with a broken collarbone.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #60
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
just beat indy with jacksonville 34-27. i put peyton manning out for the season with a broken collarbone.

Got any stats on the game and how did Edge do running wise?

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #61
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

Used version 1.3 in a bleary-eyed late night game last night. The Dolphins sacked my beloved Browns 11 freaking times. Twelve minute Q's. Don't recall anything else standing out as odd.

Some of that might have been cuased by Dilfer being out and rook Charlie Frye holding the ball to long. It seems he has that tendency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 7

Was just watching a cpu VS cpu Patriots and Eagles game. I didn't get the stats but the game was a defensive struggle. 9-6 NE at the half. Then I had to turn it off. I'll be starting a franchise with these when the opening day rosters come out. Then I'll get to writing down stats for you guys.

I think 13 minutes is a bit high. The games I coached with the bears they avg about 400 total yards a game. Maybe 12 minutes is cool. What do you guys think? Might also kill some of the pancakes as about 4 of my lineman lead the NFL in pancakes right now after 2 preseason games.

I also get high sacks in some games too.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:31 AM   #63
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbz708
Was just watching a cpu VS cpu Patriots and Eagles game. I didn't get the stats but the game was a defensive struggle. 9-6 NE at the half. Then I had to turn it off. I'll be starting a franchise with these when the opening day rosters come out. Then I'll get to writing down stats for you guys.

I think 13 minutes is a bit high. The games I coached with the bears they avg about 400 total yards a game. Maybe 12 minutes is cool. What do you guys think? Might also kill some of the pancakes as about 4 of my lineman lead the NFL in pancakes right now after 2 preseason games.

I also get high sacks in some games too.

Well if that first game was a CPU vs CPU game then playing at 12 or 13 minutes might not be a good thing because the CPU doesn't imploy the need or use of the Acc Clock feature,that IMO is something that the user would imploy to move the game along in a more time condusive flow so I'd say for those type of games these minutes won't factor your stats in a realistic per quarter setting.

The stat you really want to focus on to see if its balancing out is the number of plays generated by both teams and if the totals add up...I think its suppose to be something like 75 to 80 plays depending on the teams play calling but the main thing is to have the out come somehow dd up on the right side of things...as in the play count.

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what plays are being called a certain amount of pass,run,special teams play and plays in general are going to happen during the course of the game but they should always fit in somehow to balance out as in QBs att something like 25-35 or so RBs with the feature back getting 25-30 carries followed by back-ups getting some carries also.

I can't say who gets what carries per team but a general idea shouldn't be to hard to figure out and it is a statistic listed in averages for the NFL.

As a rule I generally try keeping my QBs attempts at realistic stats for the NFL per game along with carries and any other stat thats average based as opposed to timing it out with a random number.

Like I said and someone can check and verify this but I believe that number from the past season was either 61-75(80) plays per team which varies due to different teams philosphys calling plays they all should balance out some how,now when playing the CPU you'd consider using the Acc Clock to keep it moving along at a even flow and still generate the correct number of plays.

When I watch a CPU vs CPU game I generally use 10 minutes and 12-13 when I coach or play.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played a coach mode game with these sliders, Vikings at Bengals, Bengals win 29-19. I saw results similar to edubbz' with pancakes and sacks.

The odd score comes mainly from me getting a safety in the first quarter. After a punt pinned Minnesota on their 5, they ran play-action and I got to Culpepper in the end zone. Bengals sacked Culpepper 7 times in the game, and I never saw him scramble except on two plays that were designed runs. He tried to tuck and run once or twice I think but my pass rush got to him about a second later. I was typically sending 5, when I sent 4 on a few plays he had good protection and torched me through the air on those, so I stuck to a 5-man rush. The sack total was pretty high, especially compared to my side- the Vikings never got to Palmer, and he had all day to throw the ball on several occasions. The CPU did play a lot of dime packages, though.

The other thing I noticed is there were still a lot of pancakes. Levi Jones and Willie Anderson at left and right tackle had 11 pancakes apiece. The Vikings' top pancaker had 9.

Plays per team- Minnesota 61, Cincinnati 68.

Everything else was nice, I got very realistic results with the running and passing games, and besides lots of sacks and pancake inflation I didn't really notice any other quirks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »