Home

Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics"

This is a discussion on Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
Nothing is valid after that (bold print)
Nothing is valid after CONE PASSING OFF? Why not???????
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

I have never been so disgusted with the lack of respect from some people. Simply try them or nte but don't ever insult me or my work.

Half of you people are the same ones crying every year for help. You try every slider available and all you do is ask for more updates, not once have I seen anyone defend cone passing.

I always loved to help people but you guys are straight up terrible. In fact you almost ruin it for the many good people out there who really need help.

I see a guy here like Gilateen tell me my sliders are not credible and I gave you nothing but praise for your work with Nba Live.

I guess that is the world we live in today.

I have an up date coming up with cone passing off.

And samantha I do not over analyize anything. The things that I mention are things that real slider tweakers should think about.

How can you make a game play realistically if every level is different. If you think for a moment instead of trying to shoot down ideas you and everyone esle will realize that you have to tweak these games to the level that doesn't mean I give the human +20 for everything and that's it.

I will sit down and try to find the level boosts for both the human and the comp. Because there is one. And if you put all the sliders to zero you will still have 80 pancakes. I back my work up but know here has backed up anything they said all I see are the same things about cone passing.

By the way with cone passing off I am 62% passing with palmer(cinnci).

People I am here to help so either work with me or step off and try someone else's sliders. I put my work up against anyone. Here are my most recent updates. Try them out and give me feedback but no more garbage please.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #11
Pro

Before I start BB has nothing to do with pancakes either if you look at it at 0 then 5 then 10 then 20 it is the ability to break a block either thru spin moves, swim moves, or bull rush at the lower settings your man will just fall down when you try and spin.

you want separation then turn down int it controls the Db's speed.

If you take the time to listen I would gladly explain. Or go read sliders explanation in Ncaa it tells you what each one does or what each one will do.

Int is the ability of the player to come up with the int but for this to happen they have to be near the ball.(hint) near the ball. try it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
Pro

Njkroc's All-Madden sliders "back to basics" version 1.5 8/17/05

NJKROC'S MADDEN 2006: "BACK TO BASICS" ALL-MADDEN SLIDERS version 1.5 8/17/05

I will have some brief explanations that will be marked with either the * or ( ).

Minutes: 8
level: All-Madden
Custom game:
Cone passing:Off (In regards to the cone passing. I do not like this feature at all. The flash light effect if you will is really distracting and it really makes you forget about your other receivers. I personally like to have full control of my quarterback and I like to read the defense so for myself I have this feature turned off. The down side to doing this however is the loss of the precision passing. it seems this feature is attached to the cone passing and that really stinks so people this is personal preference here.)

All player aids: off
camera: classic view same as college

User
Qb acc: 13 (palmer 62%)
P-blk: 8
Wr cth: 15 (1 drop)
Rb ability: 4 (Rudi johnson 12 car 71yds 4btks)
R-blk: 8

Awr: 13
Kdowns: 15
Int: 8
B-blk: 15
Tak: 8

Fg length: 6 *janikowski will hit a 52yd field goal*
Fg acc: 8
Punt: 20 *this is still in the works so base off of the Nfl average*
punt acc: 8
KO: 14

Comp
Qb acc: 5 (manning was 10-14 comp%)
P-blk: 0
Wr cth: 15
Rb ability: 15 (portis 125yds/ E.James 4car 27yds 2btk)
R-blk: 0

Awr: 5 (ravens def reacts like it)
Kdowns: 15
Int: 0 (still see ints 2 last game)
B-blk: 15
Tak: 0

Fg length: 6 *janikowski will hit a 52yd field goal*
Fg acc: 0
Punt: 20 *this is still in the works so base off of the Nfl average*
punt acc: 0
KO:14

Penalties: Maxed ( 5-6 in my last game for both teams)

These sliders were made using my convert slider to rating chart which looks at the possible level increases for both the user and the comp for each play level. I also test with just about every team.

As always peace fellas!!
Njkroc

Last edited by njkroc; 08-17-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #13
Pro

I don't want to argue or be rude but it is hard when you receive criticism from people who don't even use my sliders. Try them first then let me know what you think.

I will post stats for my next 3 games.

That was probably my biggest mistake.

Give them a try and let me know what you think.

I will also be trying to respond more especially to those with the love for cone passing post you stats from your sliders along with your players tha and thp rating as well as the def you played against. Back up what your saying because from here it's all just words.

Njkroc

Last edited by njkroc; 08-17-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Yea I thought about that too.
What I don't understand is like he said in his post, why he can't read the defense with the cone. I hear people say this all the time, "I like to read the defense my self".....the cone doesn't read the defense for you.
I use the cone, and I still read the defense, I just have to move my quarterback's eyes (vision/cone) to the receiver I'm going to throw the ball to.
I don't care where the cone is, I am reading the defense. If people would just sit down and practice the cone, its very easy to get used to. I would say I have mastered about 85% now. I give up a sack, or get rushed sometimes...but that's the realistic part about it. Before, it didn't matter, I could be about to take a sack, and just hit a button and possibly complete a pass. Now, that's not the case...total realism!!!
I said I like to read the defense myself and do not need a light to flash on my read because I already know my read. If the fs or ss drop look lb if they drop I'm looking for my read outside.

both db's come hard for the blitz I'm looking deep the lb's blitz and the db's drop back look over the middle.

In my 4years of Division 1 football at the university of Maryland I sure hope I can read a defense and I will back that up years 96-99 numbers 23 fresh/soph and number 34 jr-sr.
I taught L jordan his play book.

Cone passing is not necessary, unless you need the help. Back up your words people. show me something. My boy plays for the panthers and he hates it, my other friend seattles practice squad he hates it.

We don't like because we do not need it. But I also said that I don't use it so if you prefer to use it go ahead. I then said that it was user preference.

Also on the day of launch wt gamestop in greenbelt, Md. Everyone here was already talking about how the cone passing sucks and that they were taking it off. I never even heard about it and don't need to try it.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:17 PM   #15
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
I have never been so disgusted with the lack of respect from some people. Simply try them or nte but don't ever insult me or my work.
For one, it's not *work*. Do you get paid for this? Since the answer is no, you might want to lighten yourself up.

Quote:
Half of you people are the same ones crying every year for help. You try every slider available and all you do is ask for more updates, not once have I seen anyone defend cone passing.
Myself, I was one of the first to put out a slider set last year. Let's just say stuff gets so bad that I don't even post under that name here any longer. I'll defend cone passing to the death, you know why? Because it's FOOTBALL. If I'm Peyton and I'm LOOKING at Marvin Harrison, I'm not going to throw the ball with no vision over to Reggie's side of the field and expect it NOT to get picked. It's not perfect, but it's a lot more realistic than it used to be, where no matter where you were on the field, if you set your feet it was 95% of the time going to be a perfect strike.

If you don't like people making comments, slider work is REALLY not a good area for you. You aren't a page into your thread yet and you're already talking about people crying. Why? Because they told you that your set isn't valid? They aren't. Most people aren't going to turn cone passing off, because MOST people like it. If you want to wing it to whoever and say "I'm reading the defense" you might try taking it down a notch. Real QB's DON'T read the entire field at one time. You see something out of the corner of your eye, maybe - but you aren't going to make a spot-on throw to a spot you aren't looking at. And I played QB at a D2 school, so I have some idea of what I'm speaking of.

Quote:
I always loved to help people but you guys are straight up terrible. In fact you almost ruin it for the many good people out there who really need help.
OK, so you want to help people - and people tell you why your sliders will not help, or why your "theory" won't help - and they are terrible and crybabies. High Horse?

Quote:
I see a guy here like Gilateen tell me my sliders are not credible and I gave you nothing but praise for your work with Nba Live.
Most people don't do slider sets for praise. If you're looking for praise, become a worker at your local Human Society with your volunteer work.

Quote:
I guess that is the world we live in today.

I have an up date coming up with cone passing off.

And samantha I do not over analyize anything. The things that I mention are things that real slider tweakers should think about.
What things do you mention that "real slider tweakers" should think about. You've already said you have no data to back up your "percentage bonus" numbers. So in essence, you want everyone to go to using percentages instead of just finding the correct balance on the sliders in terms of clicks. "OK, so if Madden player has a 99% CPU boost, then I should definitely raise the CPU sliders." If you want to be taken seriously when you think of this percentage data - you need to play at least 100 games. If you're going percentages, you might want to analyze the root of the word percent. Cent=100. So if you're going to try a percentage, might want to test it first. Somehow I doubt you've played 100 full games against the CPU already where you've changed nothing.

Stick to ONE difficulty level and see why things mesh the way they do. Want to be a slider designer? Then don't take the cheesy way out and say "I like to read the defense so I turned the passing cone off." That just says to me that you are too lazy to learn to play the game with all of the features that are thrown in that are supposed to make you have a more difficult time with the CPU which is what most of us really need.

Quote:

How can you make a game play realistically if every level is different. If you think for a moment instead of trying to shoot down ideas you and everyone esle will realize that you have to tweak these games to the level that doesn't mean I give the human +20 for everything and that's it.
Easily - pick one level and stick to it. TEST. Don't play, TEST. Don't flop between 4 different difficulty levels, 8 different options, and 74 different percentage numbers and try to come up with anything concrete. You *ARE* overanalyzing. The most important thing is picking one difficulty level and finding out the relationships of the sliders and how they work together for this years game. Things like the RB sliders, how much does Break Block and Tackling affect RB Ability? How much does Knockdowns and Awareness play with QB Accuracy. Etc, etc, etc. It's not about finding a percentage, it's about finding out slider relationships to make a cohesive set that can work for all with minor tweaks for individual play styles.

Quote:

I will sit down and try to find the level boosts for both the human and the comp. Because there is one. And if you put all the sliders to zero you will still have 80 pancakes. I back my work up but know here has backed up anything they said all I see are the same things about cone passing.
Again with this WORK statement. I haven't even come close to playing enough games to think about posting a set, but its not WORK. If this was your job, you'd be fired by your crazy lack of spelling and punctuation. "I back my work up but know here has backed up anything they said all I see are the same things about cone passing". <---- I mean really - what the hell is the sentence and what are you trying to say?

Quote:

By the way with cone passing off I am 62% passing with palmer(cinnci).
Sounds inflated. A 2nd year QB who had a crappy first season, yet he's got a completion percentage already in the upper echelon of NFL passers? Back to the drawing board, I think. Or quit cheating yourself and try to learn to play like a real QB, you know - one that can't read the defense by looking at the reciever directly behind his back.

Quote:
People I am here to help so either work with me or step off and try someone else's sliders. I put my work up against anyone. Here are my most recent updates. Try them out and give me feedback but no more garbage please.
It's not garbage man. Everyone plays with the passing cone because it's one of the better innovations to the Madden series in years. Since everyone uses it, you as a slider guru either need to step up and learn to play how everyone else is playing - or expect 0 replies as no one will use them. It's rough being a slider guy sometimes, that's why you shouldn't post a damn thing until you have 95% of your own research done. When you say yourself that you have no idea what your percentage boosts are because you haven't done enough research, you hold your own self up for ridicule.

That's my 2 cents. Not trying to be rude, but that's a lot of helpful advice from one of the old slider gurus. Quite honestly, a lot of people probably know who I am just from seeing the typing, and they'll tell you I know what I'm talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 09:19 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Sounds inflated. A 2nd year QB who had a crappy first season, yet he's got a completion percentage already in the upper echelon of NFL passers? Back to the drawing board, I think. Or quit cheating yourself and try to learn to play like a real QB, you know - one that can't read the defense by looking at the reciever directly behind his back.
You are misled on that point. Palmer is now in his 3rd year, although he didn't play during his first year so I'll give you that part. However, the part about the crappy first year of play is just wrong. He wasn't great but not crappy. His actual passing % was 60.9 through 13 starts before getting injured in a game against the Pats. His passer rating was fairly low because of an 18/18 ratio but he was still having a solid first year as a starter. In fact, he passed for 250 more yards than Roethlisberger in one less game. Of course, Big Ben was on a much better team. But the 62% definitely doesn't look inflated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »