Home

Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics"

This is a discussion on Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:51 PM   #25
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Njkroc's Madden 2006: All-Madden sliders "back to basics"

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkroc
Thankyou popaplayer for atleast defending the cone passing. Now I will first like to apologize for coming at people the way I did. I have been tweaking sliders for I don't know how long know.

I don't play seasons all I try to do is figure out the sliders and how they work along with the ratings them selves. So if you want research you can figure that about 7 days out the week 5-6 hrs I am just messing aroound with sliders.

The things that I am trying to explain become so confusing that it is hard to get confused or not understand.

I always said I want realism in my games and my sliders. I try to do that by trying to figure out the comp's and humans level boosts.

here you go if there are 4 difficulty levels in the game and the slider ratings are out of 99 then you could have level boosts for the comp at.

rookie= 24.75%
pro= 49.5%
all-pro= 75.25%
all-madden= 99%

somewhere in there the human has a boost as well.

I have posted here before so I know how people can be but when you say that something is not credible to someone you better back up what you say. I never stated this was the end to slider tweaking I am just showing people a new idea.

Who on os is credible. That doesn't mean 5,000 people use your sliders because really you are just using someone else's ideas.

I also stated that cone passing whether on or off is users preference.

Also for the many that use it there is a large amount that don't.

Hfa in ncaa was terrible, why? because it added +27 pts to players and they became heman. This year the impact player was cool but along with hfa games got out of hand with sacks and pancakes.

Also ea gave the user the ability to turn these options on/off if it was suppose to play that way then the option should always be on. The argument of the game was meant to play that way holds no weight either because if that were the case then why are we here we should be playing on default, right?

No we are here because we either want a challenge on all-pro to tone down all-madden or what have you. and if that is the case then what I'm talking about makes sense.

I also posted my sliders for what I am using, I don't see the need to have to put a parental advisory up here because I may do something different than other people.

I have posted here, gamefaqs, maddenmania, utopia, baseballsimcentral, mvpmods this is the only place where people can just be really un cool.

I also don't look for prasise but when you are someone who like myself is here trying to make games better for others then you already know how hard it is when people bog your threads with crap.

I have put alot of time and effort into my sliders and my theory, I am now trying to show everyone something a little different. If I can get realistic games with these sliders and cone passing off then try them with the setting on.

Once again I apologize for anything that may have offended anyone but like I said keep it respectful and let's work together. I think we are missing the bigger picture here becaause madden 2006 is not just about cone passing.

Peace fellas try my sliders and let me know what you think.
Njkroc
I'm glad you took my post positively, as it wasn't intended to slam you. Sometimes a slider guru, you just have to accept that some people are young, some people are stuck in their ways, and some people are flat out douchebags. The only thing you need to do is find out how the majority of the folks are playing, and try to work with that. Just for the simple fact that if people start helping you test, and half use the cone and half do not - your test data will be skewed.

Glad I got you to take a deep breath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

I thought about that today because it seems that the qb are more acc with cone passing on and default 10 qb acc. When you turn it off the qb is less accurate which is why I have the setting at 13.

I was not even going to post sliders this year but after some of the things I was seeing I wanted to show people. So I was a little thrown off when I saw the comments.

Whatever water under the bridge.

I will probably post an update for the qb acc using cone passing. So everyone will be happy but in the mean time give these a try i had a great game vs the browns.

I will post stats on sunday for 4-5 games.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
The sliders look good, I will try them and post stats later on. Because I will keep the vision cone on, I do think that this does give a boost to accuracy and catching, I will keep the pass accuracy and catching at default for human. I rarely see dropped passes on Hesiman default using the vision cone, I think they reward people that use it. I may also up human pass blocking to default as I need a little more time to get the pass off. Thanks for the work.
I agree with you about the boost to the qb acc but before you increase the p-blk try lowering the Knockdowns. This slider in my opinion controls the coverage of the db's. I would say make it the same as the qb acc you use.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #28
Pro

Reposting for your enjoyment

NJKROC'S MADDEN 2006: "BACK TO BASICS" ALL-MADDEN SLIDERS version 1.5 8/17/05

I will have some brief explanations that will be marked with either the * or ( ).

Minutes: 8
level: All-Madden
Custom game:
Cone passing:Off (In regards to the cone passing. I do not like this feature at all. The flash light effect if you will is really distracting and it really makes you forget about your other receivers. I personally like to have full control of my quarterback and I like to read the defense so for myself I have this feature turned off. The down side to doing this however is the loss of the precision passing. it seems this feature is attached to the cone passing and that really stinks so people this is personal preference here.)

All player aids: off
camera: classic view same as college

User
Qb acc: 13 (palmer 62%)
P-blk: 8
Wr cth: 15 (1 drop)
Rb ability: 4 (Rudi johnson 12 car 71yds 4btks)
R-blk: 8

Awr: 13
Kdowns: 15
Int: 8
B-blk: 15
Tak: 8

Fg length: 6 *janikowski will hit a 52yd field goal*
Fg acc: 8
Punt: 20 *this is still in the works so base off of the Nfl average*
punt acc: 8
KO: 14

Comp
Qb acc: 5 (manning was 10-14 comp%)
P-blk: 0
Wr cth: 15
Rb ability: 15 (portis 125yds/ E.James 4car 27yds 2btk)
R-blk: 0

Awr: 5 (ravens def reacts like it)
Kdowns: 15
Int: 0 (still see ints 2 last game)
B-blk: 15
Tak: 0

Fg length: 6 *janikowski will hit a 52yd field goal*
Fg acc: 0
Punt: 20 *this is still in the works so base off of the Nfl average*
punt acc: 0
KO:14

Penalties: Maxed ( 5-6 in my last game for both teams)

These sliders were made using my convert slider to rating chart which looks at the possible level increases for both the user and the comp for each play level. I also test with just about every team.

As always peace fellas!!
Njkroc
Old 08-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #29
Pro

I'm still trying to limit pancakes. I never knew what the average of the league was until samantha stated 20-25. I think I saw guys with 17-10 at default.

I will be running a few tests which will involve the tackle slider. In my opinion I feel like the tackle slider controls the break block ability as well as strength and speed. In my sliders I use the Break block to counter the Rb ability.

So look for an update on sunday which will also include and update for the qb acc for the cone passing users.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Pro

I apologize for not responding quicker but I have been very busy with work lately. I will hopefully have an update for the qb passing and the blocking sliders on wed.

The tackle slider is the key to limiting the pancakes so wednesady there will be an update for both the P-blk, R-blk and tak.

I have also been trying the cone passing and I'm starting to like it now. The flashlight part bothers me a little but the feature is very cool.

as always.
peace fellas, Njkroc
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

I think your sliders are pretty close for me, a couple of changes I made were upping CPU pass blocking (5) and run blocking (5). I also lowered human awareness (10). The cpu running and passing game were somewhat weak, LT only rushed for 70 yards on 33 carries against my Redskins defense, and most of his yards were on draw plays. I know the skins have a decent defense but you would expect LT to break at least 1 long one on 33 carries. Also the QB's rarely pass for over 50% and are constanly making bad throws or throwing into double and triple coverage, of course my ham fisted db's never intercept them. Offensively I do about what you expect especially after watching the Redskin's pre-season games, I drive down the field and throw INT's in the redzone. I will play with my adjusted sliders and see if that helps the CPU offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 07:28 PM   #32
Pro

Thanks for trying them out. I had to step away from the game for a minute.
So hopefully I will be back on the sticks this weekend.

I'm really getting into the cone passing now.

Thanks again and keep up the feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »