Home

Rickster101 "The Coachs Office"

This is a discussion on Rickster101 "The Coachs Office" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rickster101 "The Coachs Office"

I'm going to try to work out the sack issue and I will post some sliders later after a few cpu vs. cpu games have been tested. I don't want to disrupt the already existing problems with the pancake issue but I will do the best I can. I'll post soon!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #34
Rookie

Sorry it took so long. I had to due some things but here are the numbers for the cpu vs cpu game. Note: I did use New England and Philadelphia again after I changed the sliders.

For the Record I am not an Eagles or Patriots fan. In fact I am a huge Cowboys fan and have been for 17 years.

Here are the sliders I used with my edits.

10 min. qtr. All Pro Cpu Sub Profile ( used )

Sliders are for both Hum. and Cpu

OFF.

12 "Notable change"

DEF.

Special Teams

Let me start by saying that there were a total of a 166 plays in the game. It did go into overtime with New England comming out on top 27-24. The NFL average for plays per game are about 120 so it is not to unrealistic to see 166 plays for a game that goes to OT. However, even after my edits to repair the sack problem the Eagles still got 8 sacks, and the Patriots got 9. It is not uncommon to see a 5 or 6 sack total per game when both teams stats are combined. "17" is totally and completely outrageous.

Here are the numbers for the game.

New England

QB
Brady- 14 of 23 for 132 yds. 2 td's 1 int. 60 % ( got injured )
Davey- 16 or 37 for 205 yds. 1 td. and 4 int. 43 %

HB

Dillon- 23 att. for 84 yds. 0 fum. 0 td. 3.6 ypc.
Faulk- 4 att. for 11 yds. 0 fum 0 td. 2.7 ypc.
Givens- 1 att -2 yds. 0 fum 0 td. -2 ypc.

Absolutely love the numbers on the QB's and HB's Great work Rickster for the Sub Idea!!! And the int's for Davey does not surprise me. Afterall he is a backup.

WR
Givens- 10 rec. 159 yds. 2 td 1 drop 55 long 47 yac. 15.9 avg.
Branch- 5 rec. 37 yds. 0 td 3 drops 14 long 0 yac. 7.4 avg
Graham- 4 rec. 40 yds. 0 td 1 drop 14 long 4 yac. 10.0 avg.

There are others with lower stats. I don't feel like posting those. These are the only ones that matter for receivers for now.

OL

Light- 11 pancakes ( to high )
Gorin- 6 pancakes
Koppen- 4 pancakes

they get lower and so on

Tackles

Tackles are perfect. Harrison lead all Pats. with 9 ( Good work there )
Sacks

Here's where it gets ridiculous.

Mcginest- 4
Warren- 3
Whilfork- 1
Brown- 1

Now I know that N.E. has a great D but come on. You have to admit that it's a bit off, or dare I say a lot.

Interceptions

Harrison- 2
Poole- 1

Great work there also.

Philadelphia

QB
Mcnabb- 23 of 46 for 223 yds. 0 td's 3 int ? ( Yeah it could happen... against N.E.) 50 % 29 long

HB

Westbrook- 16 for 52 yds. 1 td 0 fum 3.2 avg. 12 long
Buckhalter- 5 for 42 yds. 1 td. 0 fum 8.4 avg. 22 long
Ritchie- 4 for 5 yds. 0 td 0 fum 1.2 avg. 4 long

WR

Lewis- 8 rec 87 yds 0 td 2 yac 0 drops 24 long
Owens- 7 rec 82 yds 0 td 9 yac 1 drops 23 long
Smith- 5 rec 38 yds. 0 td 19 yac 1 drop 14 long

and so on...

OL

Runyan- 13 pancakes 4 sacks ( yeah right!!)
Thomas- 8 pancakes
Andrews- 5 pancakes

and so on...

Tackles

Jones- lead all with 9. Once again, " Perfect"

Sacks

Once again here comes the ridiculous.

Kearse- 2
Simon- 2
Hood- 1
Jones- 1
Ware- 1
Trotter- 1

Interceptions

Sheppard- 2
Brown- 1
Dawkins- 1
Adams- 1

Now those int's are not unrealistic due to the fact that Brady got hurt and Davey came in whom is obviously much, much worse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided that this is an excellent start but there is no way that we are getting around the fact that the NFL averaged 2.3 sacks a game per team last season. Obviously this is way off and I need some help to fix this problem. Please give some feed back to this with posted statistics to match your slider fix.

Note: I have yet to coach a game but I thought I would start with the TV style game first and then fix from there. In theory if the stats play out right with the cpu vs cpu, they should play out right for coach vs cpu when you change to 12 qtr. Acc clock due to the fact that it is the computer playing the plays, and coaches calling the plays

Please reply to this I want to get this going before the NFL season Kicks off next Thursday. I will continue to work but like rickster I am dedicated to making this year the absolute best coached/watched game to date.

Last edited by Snakeeyes25; 09-01-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #35
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey Snakeeyes glad to hear from a vet coach/player I just wanted to reply before I got too caught up with the game I'm watching on the NFL channel and didn't want you to think I wasn't watching my thread here.

Looking at these stats at first glance they appear to be about as good I've seen as far as realistic statistics and reps,impressive IMO and I'm glad you put these up validating some things I thought were going on with the settings.

This "pancake" issue is something I myself don't really focus on unless its really being seen as unrealistic in the accumulation of them at games end,to me it can present a problem from that point of view other then that I don't think they present a real threat unless those numbers become somewhat abnormal in terms related to actual NFL stats and unfortunately in Madden they do become somewhat askewd.

Other then that and the punt return issues I'm enjoying the game as best I can with the settings,I will most def take a look at your settings here and see just whats going on and from your stats posted here I'd say they should be alright for your game style...I'll post more later and take a closer look at what you've posted here bro!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #36
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Well, i'm back in this thread but i'm getting ready for bed. I'll try the sliders in the morning and post stats.

mman19

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 09-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Hey Snakeeyes glad to hear from a vet coach/player I just wanted to reply before I got too caught up with the game I'm watching on the NFL channel and didn't want you to think I wasn't watching my thread here.

Looking at these stats at first glance they appear to be about as good I've seen as far as realistic statistics and reps,impressive IMO and I'm glad you put these up validating some things I thought were going on with the settings.

This "pancake" issue is something I myself don't really focus on unless its really being seen as unrealistic in the accumulation of them at games end,to me it can present a problem from that point of view other then that I don't think they present a real threat unless those numbers become somewhat abnormal in terms related to actual NFL stats and unfortunately in Madden they do become somewhat askewd.

Other then that and the punt return issues I'm enjoying the game as best I can with the settings,I will most def take a look at your settings here and see just whats going on and from your stats posted here I'd say they should be alright for your game style...I'll post more later and take a closer look at what you've posted here bro!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

First of all I would like to say thanks for getting back with me on this issue.
Secondly I think that the punt return issue can be resolved by increasing the punt length and decreasing the punt accuracy. To be honest I have yet to see it.

I know that the pancakes are probably going to be a little off in Madden as they are every year but the sack problem could be fixed if we tossed caution to the wind over the pass block and just got extreme with it. I know that sounds crazy but I'm not sure what else to do. I am currently testing the defensive break block at 2 and the offensive pass block at 10.

It is now game 3 of the Pats vs Eagles test so I will post only the pancake and sack issue at games end, unless the numbers get off somewhere else in another category.

Once again thanks for the Reply Rickster and I am looking forward to working with you on this issue.

Last edited by Snakeeyes25; 09-01-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #38
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Well, i'm back in this thread but i'm getting ready for bed. I'll try the sliders in the morning and post stats.

mman19

Alrighty mman19 I'll look forward to hearing from you then,its about 7:55 out here on the westcoast so I'll be up myself for awhile until then its nighty nite for you bro so in the AM don't forget to give me a....

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 09-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #39
Rookie

To everyone looking to help...

I would like to say that the start that Rickster produced for quarter length, Pass sliders to reflect NFL #'s, rush sliders to reflect NFL #'s, receiving sliders to reflect NFL #'s, and tackles/int's to reflect NFL #'s are spot on. I do not suggest you change those. However, I do think that a slight reduction to the int slider could fix the number of pics a game.

I have not yet seen a punt return problem. I am not saying that it doesn't exist. If so work on that.

Most importantly work on the pancakes and without a doubt give this sack problem a serious look. I mean that. If you use the original sliders you will see it. Also for the record I have moved pass block to 15 and left break block at 2 for this 3rd game test between Philly and New England because kearse already got a sack within 1:37 of the game. Don't want to react to soon but in this case you may have too.

Thank you, and looking forward to the post's

Last edited by Snakeeyes25; 09-01-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #40
Rookie

Ricster if you are still there I have been hearing a lot about how great your coach sliders are for NFL 2K5 and 2K4. If you could, please post those for me I would appreciate it. Thanks. Also I would like to know if your slider selection for NFL 2k5 has a fix for the ridiculous amount of INT's in the game, and can they be used for GM mode?

NFL 2K5 just happens to be my favorite current gen football game. Nothing will ever pass TECMO SUPER BOWL!!! That's just my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »