Home

Rickster101 "The Coachs Office"

This is a discussion on Rickster101 "The Coachs Office" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Rickster101 "The Coachs Office"

I thought I'd start my own thread here for guys who coach and have that bug to want to play as coachs and watch some really good Football without the pains of having to use every button or new advanced move to be successful at the game and just want good Football period learning as you progress and become more involved as your skills and strategy develope.

Also the theme here will always be focused on guys who are wanting to pick up and share different coaching styles in a mature context with realistic results.

One thing that I've seen happen is that when a thread is started and question are asked there usually is a serious lack of support to find answers or viable solutions to important issuses concerning what to do or try next well I myself don't believe in putting something here just for looks so even though I myself am not a total die hard fan of Madden Football I do like to play and coach a good game of Football no matter what or whoes name is on it,good Football is good Football plain and simple so no bickering about games will be needed.

I've noticed alot of different options and strategys involved in Maddens game but nobodys posting or speaking on them and they're great features if used but I haven't seen many if any post or threads addressing their use or very little info.

Also a set of coaching sliders set up a certain way using your profile I've been tinkering with to have the game play using the games demo camera for guys who are into that couch potatoe mode wanting to only view the game/watch.

This isn't about the fastest or strongest players and isn't about large or eye poping statistics to pad a crib or anything of that nature ,no I want this to focus on the "Coaching" aspects of the game and for guys mature enough to know the difference between good Football and viewing great games.

If interested drop a word or two here and lets get into some really intense Football for guys who do "Coach" and "Watch" games via this style of play.

To start off for guys who do coach I'd recommend using sliders created by "Hydrostar" as the base and as things move along we'll progress onto the game aspects as questions and solutions are found to enhance the playing and viewing experience.

To use these sliders of his I'd suggest using them as intended meaning use the proper game setting for what you want or intend to do.

If you're going to "Coach" then use the proper times per quarter. If you're a coach whoes quick to call plays then keep the Acc Clock ON because you're just that good and have things figured out so the game flow for you is at a quicken pace.

If you're a coach who wants to use some other stategys to figure out you're opponent and get more into the "Thinking" mans game then don't use the Acc Clock as you'll only be left with about 20 sec or less in some cases at the line of scrimmage.

The quarter lenghts should refect real time NFL stats,as I've stated in another thread its important to generate proper play counts to balance out for the stat line to produce desirable results.

Remember this is not about personal goals or padded stats but proper numbers that equate out to what an NFL game would produce.

Here is what you need to set up for your games as a "Coach" and play the CPU:

1. You need to create Two profiles one for you and one for the CPU it will be called "Profile 1 and you will use your name or call it Profile 2,you must use these to insure that you and the CPU come in with the same set ups.

2. You will set this Profile up via the "Y" button which inturn takes you to the "CHOOSE ACTIVE PROFILE" now I'm going to be as detailed as possible but since I'm expecting a mature theme to this thread it will be posted as to avoid any confusion as to what it means.

3. In the Profile screen enter the following as show in the fields...Favorite Team will be ALL NFL the Off.Playbook will be Default the Def. Playbook will be Default after this info is entered Save Profile.

4. Proceed to create another PROFILE for the CPU and name it Profile 1 enter the same info as yours (see No.2)

5. Ater all info entered for that portion of the Profiles goto My Madden...here is where you pretty much customize the Profiles there are six items there but we'll focus on the ones needed for our gaming needs at this time for games to begin and get more detailed on these later but for now let us proceed.

6. As stated above there are six items here the one you want to focus on for the moment is GAMEPLAY SETTINGS...these settings for coaching the game should be as follows 12-13 minutes if Coaching,10 minutes if Watching.
Skill level :All Pro
Coach Mode:ON
Injuires:ON
Pre-Existinf Injuires:OFF
Game Fatigue:ON
Madden Challenge:ON
Random Weather:ON
Accelerated Clock:OFF (For more quicker pace and flow ON)

FAIRPLAY SETTINGS read their explainations for details other then that they're all ON

CUSTOM GAME SETTINGS make sure your Profile name is displayed here necause remembe you're going to need two for the games you intebd on playing in this mode which is for Coaching after all.

There are ten different items and all are as stated turn them all ON, yes all of them for now.

One of the most important Keys to all of this working successfully is the proper sub frequency,proper subs is a major point and player in the game to insure the correct balance of game flow for this style of play...set these at 85% for subs out and 92% for subs in now these settings are basically what keep the games player coming in and out at the proper rate of exchange and rotations.

Now there are some items here that are for the most part helpful to the user and eye candy for some thats a matter of personal choice so say like you don't like the QB Vision well if its not for you simply turn it OFF there'll be no haggeling here about what your choices are on items like that some like it some don't simple as that but be advised it does have its aspects that may prove helpful to some.

Out of all of this the Substitutions are the main Focus here again 85/92 will be what we'll be using for this style of play.

Penalties will all be maxed except holding which is at DEFAULT and CLIPPING also at DEFAULT if you desire more of either penalty simply adjust higher we won't haggle here about that either.

A.I. settings, on these I recommend using "Hydrostars" settings and they work pretty good but I have my own which I'll post later but first I want to get the set-up for this first then we'll get into details regarding sliders later because he has someissues with them that can be addressed but not now this is a Coachs call and I'm calling this one.

Easy Play if you notice they're all greyed out and justly so its not available on the All-Pro level however if you want to see what the plays and routes being called are simply select the Pro level and all setting will be adjustable and if you're fairly new to Coaching games or a little rusty then start off on Pro and work your way up to All-Pro simple as that,the main focus here is to have it play a Coachs game.

CONTROLLER LAYOUT well I use the DEFAULT myself and thru tinkering around with this I've found it most effective for our puposes here as Coachs or viewing the game.

Ater all has been entered you'll be asked to saves your files select yes and all data and info inputed should set-up for your game including two Profiles set at the same parameters for a balanced game against the CPU or Watching.

Next is getting you and the CPU on the field to play your game,lets begin....

First make sure you and the CPU have Profiles when you select your tams you'll see your name and profile 1 under the respective teams.

Press enter for both controllers to activate the process you'll be taken to the game intrduction and kickoff at the coin toss.Select as you would normally only do this for both sides.

Now pick a play for the kickoff,kick the ball off for the CPU,you must do this to activate the profile to begin the game,immediatly after the kickoff pause the game and goto the settings from there select CONTROLLER SELECT proceed to move both controller to the middle and go back to the game via the RESUME GAME.

The game now has both you and the CPUs profile to check and verify this pause the game and goto SETTINGS then GAMEPLAY from there select CUSTOM GAME and see what the CUSTOM GAME SETTINGS are you should see everything you inputted into the profile except it indicates ACTIVE TEAM NONE...now the game is set up to play a CPU vs CPU game for Watching and will run off of the profiles data.

Now for the Coachs Game simply move the CPU CONTROLLER to the middle and leave yours on your team you'll have full and total control of your team and the CPU will play against you using the Profile 1 data you setup FOCUSING on the subs settings at 85% and 92% for both sides.

When you're in you'll see the ACTIVE PROFILE for either the HOME or AWAY team whichever you are at the time.

Keep point here guys,its important to pause the game right after the kickoff to have the game pick up the Profile before the next or first play. Why?

Remember the Acc Clock well its ticking at an Acc rate meaning you'll loose valuable seconds with it on every play if that ok with you personally I would leave it off if playing a CPU vs CPU/Watch TV Style game or if my play calling requires a little more thought into my next move.

If its a CPU vs CPU game you'll want to put that per quarter setting at 10 minutes the CPU against itself doesn't reconize the need for an Acc Clock in such games so again if playing against the CPU via Coaching use 12-13 minutes with Acc Clock on for a quicker interface and game or 10 minutes if Watching/Viewing the game but be sure in either case to input a PROFILE with the game data for the games parameters such as substitutions at that 85/92 sub frequency rate for balance and player rotations coming in and out of the game.

Results may vary, focus here is to get off on the right note with the proper and correct set ups for guys who like to Coach or Watch games, two ways to enjoy the game heading towards the same goal...a realistic representation via a TV Style/Demo camera mode via the CPU vs CPU games or you at your best against the Machine...only you'll not be able to view it using the Demo camera its set up for the CPU against itself but your inout via PROFILES insures it plays the game balanced so you'll at least enjoy the view with realistic results.

Next point of "Focus" will be on the GAMEPLAY itself via the sliders and I've got some for guys into Coaching but first things first...Setting the game up for balanced play.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Rickster101 "The Coachs Office"

Hydrostars penalty sliders have everything maxed except clipping, which is 2 above default. Was there a change I didn't know about?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbz708
Hydrostars penalty sliders have everything maxed except clipping, which is 2 above default. Was there a change I didn't know about?

The setting he uses for that penalty is at 7 that would be the "2 above the default" which is 5, that scale ranges from 1-10. The setting used in this thread will be the same 7 for Coaching gameplay and Viewing games.

The only change reference he mentioned was that he mistaked the scale for a 20 point range or something simular as in the college game I would imagine but in Madden 2006 the scale once again is 1-10 and the setting is at 7 not 12.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #4
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Hi Rickster, do i need two controllers to do your profile setup or just use one and make both profiles? I didn't catch that part of your post. I'm a cpu vs cpu player. Thanx.

mman19

PS: also, is their a way to use long cam for cpu vs cpu games?

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"

Last edited by gtm; 08-16-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Hi Rickster, do i need two controllers to do your profile setup or just use one and make both profiles? I didn't catch that part of your post. I'm a cpu vs cpu player. Thanx.

mman19

No problem let me explain this for you and guys in your position....

Two controllers are required to input the PROFILES for both teams...the USER PROFILE would be you the user and the PROFILE 1 is for the CPU opponent running on the same gameplay setup something simular to a VIP file found in the 2K5 game only not as detailed.

These PROFILES you create will allow you to play the game on the same level as the CPU...same settings and most importantly the same sub settings at 85/92 to insure the balance you'll want to see during the game and producing realistic results and stat counts.

Now if you're Watching a CPU vs CPU game you'll need to adjust the time per quarter to 10 minutes per quarter. Why you might ask? Simple the CPU does not imploy the use of a Acc Clock it can call and select plays very efficiently with no need for such tactics because its programed to be that way leaving out the HUMAN aspect of needing that time to stratigize and set up plays its very efficient as I've stated and the Acc Clock is for HUMAN use so no need for it in CPU vs CPU games at 10 minute quarters.

The use of two is required because the DEFAULT sub settings are set at 75/85 and you will see the CPU playing at a more efficient level as opposed to your 85/92 setting.

Now I've tried to do this using one controller and have up to this point have found no success using one to set the gameplay parameters up for both sides to play balanced especially the subs you've got to imploy the use of two controllers or simply leave them in the middle and View the game using its DEFAULT substitution setting of 75 OUT and 85 IN.

The only issue that you my be observing since this is a CPU vs CPU game is the player sub rate depending on what team you're Viewing it may appear their not subbing frequently enough but during the course of the game subs should happen especially for backs to get proper carries and line rotations for balanced play just like a real NFL game player should fatigue and tire within the natural progression of the game.

You can still View a CPU vs CPU game and enjoy it all the same but using two controllers insures that substitution rate to be more realistic at 85/92 everything else should be fine and remember use 10 minutes when Viewing for CPU vs CPU games...advantage here is actually Watching a game in the DEMO camera mode which is the closest thing to a TV Style Broadcast.

Actually that Broadcast camera is my favorite but can only be VIEWED and not PLAYED or COACHED but provides IMO the most realistic view for just enjoying a game with a cold beer or snack or while you just sit on your couch and simply enjoy the game!!!

Inspiration for doing that setup came from my wife since she enjoys Watching the game as opposed to working and pushing buttons she'll get in maybe a quarter or so but isn't very patient and would rather be a fan and check out the game, for us that camera works just fine and some of the camera views over the course of the game are pretty good emulating a TV Broadcast via the DEMO cameras IMO.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2005, 02:04 AM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

I'm concidering posting my new set of sliders in a file to speed things up as far as getting DLs for guys who have the use of a AR device, now I know that some guys don't have one but that'd be no problem as I will post the actual figures to input for that purpose along with explainations for the settings being where they are so everybodys on the same page here.

So if interested in getting the DLd file to be used with the AR let me know and I'll more then likely post it here in this thread for guys who like to Coach and Watch/View games.

Some may ask why not post in the regular sliders thread...well I thought about that and concluded about how lost they'd get due to the majority of guys here don't really Coach as I do with a serious conviction so I want to keep this an thread for an elite group of people just that..."Elite".

Which makes this is my version of an "Exclusive Deal" as in special guys who are into what this thread and focus is about along the theme of being for mature individuals who are in that group of the "Elite", like I said there aren't many guys here who are really into Coaching as I am other then my bro "Nolefan" whom I haven't heard from in awhile...if you're out there bro give me a holla man you're missed with your experience and knowledge dealing with Coaching and probably the best at it...you're missed around here.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-17-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I'm concidering posting my new set of sliders in a file to speed things up as far as getting DLs for guys who have the use of a AR device, now I know that some guys don't have one but that'd be no problem as I will post the actual figures to input for that purpose along with explainations for the settings being where they are so everybodys on the same page here.

So if interested in getting the DLd file to be used with the AR let me know and I'll more then likely post it here in this thread for guys who like to Coach and Watch/View games.

Some may ask why not post in the regular sliders thread...well I thought about that and concluded about how lost they'd get due to the majority of guys here don't really Coach as I do with a serious conviction so I want to keep this an thread for an elite group of people just that..."Elite".

Which makes this is my version of an "Exclusive Deal" as in special guys who are into what this thread and focus is about along the theme of being for mature individuals who are in that group of the "Elite", like I said there aren't many guys here who are really into Coaching as I am other then my bro "Nolefan" whom I haven't heard from in awhile...if you're out there bro give me a holla man you're missed with your experience and knowledge dealing with Coaching and probably the best at it...you're missed around here.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Rickster, let's see those sliders. I used your ESPN Football sliders last year and they were very good. I have now moved to the coach mode for more of a football simulation. I look forward to checking out the sliders. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

I love coach mode more than playing the game. Is it possible to play a coach VS coach game online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »