Home

Open Call for Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Open Call for Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #17
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Open Call for Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
Hey slthree how many minutes are your quarters? What are your special teams sliders? Your stats look pretty good. How does it feel playing the game? Do you get a callenge but not fell cheated at the same time?
I use 10 minute quarters, NO accelerated clock. I spend a lot of time at the line of scrimmage doing a lot of things so I use most of the clock.

Penalty sliders are like this for now:

False start 8
Holding 8 (getting 3 - 5 per game and loving it, especially when it costs me a big play).
Face Mask 17 (good mix between the 5 and 15 yard variety)
Off. PI 7 (may raise it since I have not seen one yet)
Def PI 7 (getting 2-3 per game)
KR/PR Int. 7 (have seen 2 or 3 in about 10 games)
Clipping 6 (about 1-2 per game)
Int Grndg 7
Roughing Passer 7
Roughing Kicker 7

I'm about to post the full 1st half stats of Lions (me) v Falcons

Almost forgot your last question. Yes, I feel challenged and do not feel like the CPU cheats. But, keep in mind that for the sake of the tests I'm using very basic defenses. I only blitzed once in my half verse v. the Ravens. So, obviously if I blitzed a lot more, the running stats for CPU would vary, but I do not do anything a lot. I won't blitz every down. I won't throw deep every down. i won't run the slant every down. i don't pull my defensive end way wide of the offensive tackle. Basically, I try to copy what a real team might do.

Last edited by slthree; 08-18-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I use 10 minute quarters, NO accelerated clock. I spend a lot of time at the line of scrimmage doing a lot of things so I use most of the clock.

Penalty sliders are like this for now:

False start 8
Holding 8 (getting 3 - 5 per game and loving it, especially when it costs me a big play).
Face Mask 17 (good mix between the 5 and 15 yard variety)
Off. PI 7 (may raise it since I have not seen one yet)
Def PI 7 (getting 2-3 per game)
KR/PR Int. 7 (have seen 2 or 3 in about 10 games)
Clipping 6 (about 1-2 per game)
Int Grndg 7
Roughing Passer 7
Roughing Kicker 7

I'm about to post the full 1st half stats of Lions (me) v Falcons

Almost forgot your last question. Yes, I feel challenged and do not feel like the CPU cheats. But, keep in mind that for the sake of the tests I'm using very basic defenses. I only blitzed once in my half verse v. the Ravens. So, obviously if I blitzed a lot more, the running stats for CPU would vary, but I do not do anything a lot. I won't blitz every down. I won't throw deep every down. i won't run the slant every down. i don't pull my defensive end way wide of the offensive tackle. Basically, I try to copy what a real team might do.
Thanks. I will give them a try and let you know ow they work.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You should test play either one my two ENHANCED GAMEPLAY zero Sliders I created. The second group listed for either Level 1 or Level 2.

But if you guy's can't come up with something on Pro let me know and I'd be willing to help out. I've never played on Pro but I'm pretty sure of the direction it should go and it shouldn't take but maybe a day or two.
Your sliders on the pro level work real well Playmaker. Thanks for the work. I play on pro and find it just fine.

Tim
Old 08-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #20
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Halftime Stats Lions (ME) at Ravens 21-7 Ravens Lead

scoring
8 yard run by K. Jones
88 yard run by J. Lewis
80 yard run by J. Lewis
51 yard pass from Boller to Heap (this bomb came when I blitzed both safeties to try to stop the run. MLB dropped in a zone and was beaten badly by the time he picked up heap)

QB comparison
Harrington 10 for 17 (58%) 92 yards (long of 17) 0 TD 0 INT sacked twice
hard to throw deep v. the Ravens. played it very safe
Boller 4 for 16 (25%) 83 yards (long of 51) 1 TD 2 INT not sacked
both of his INT were by Fernando Bryant. 1 came off a slant the other a curl. Both balls badly thrown. receiver was doubled on the curl.

RB Comparison
K. Jones 20 carries for 54 yards (long of 9) 2.6avg 3 Broken tackles
C. Schlesinger 3 carries for 7yards (long of 3) 2.3 avg 1 Br. tackle

J. Lewis 16 carries for 241 yards (longs of 88 and 80) 15.0 avg 3 Broken Tackles. take away the 2 long runs and Lewis had 14 carries for 72 yards an avg. of 5.14

Note: when Ravens came out in regular set I ran a 4-3 cover 2
when they came with 3 wide I ran a Nickel cover 2
so, I did not run blitz at all or bring my safeties up at all until the last series before the half ended when Heap burned me.

Receiver comparisons
R Williams 3 rec for 23 yds (long of 11)
C Rogers 3 rec for 28 yds (long of 17) 1 drop
M Williams 1 rec for 5 yds
M Pollard (TE) 1 rec for 9 yds
K Johnson (4th wo) 1 rec for 13 yds
FB 1 rec for 4 yds

Heap 2 rec for 59 yds (long of 51 TD)
C Moore 1 rec for 13 yds and 1 drop
M Clayton 1 rec for 11 yards and 1 drop
D Mason 1 drop

Tackle Leaders
R. Lewis with 5
T Lehman with 4

Ints
Fernando Bryant 2

Sacks
Polley and Suggs with 1 each

Deflected pases
Lions 0
Boller didn't throw alot
McAlister 2
Reed, J. Johnson, and Deion with 1

I'll use these same sliders with the Lions verse the Falcons next. the falcons should run well but not this well and I don't expect to give up two 80 plus yard runs again.
Above was my half against the Ravens for comparison of my half against the Falcons with the same team (Lions) and using the same game philosophy.

Halftime Stats Lions (me) at Falcons Falcons lead 14-7

Scoring
81 yard run by W. Dunn
35 yard run by K. Jones (v. the Ravens his longest run was just 9 yards)
8 yrd pass from Vick to White

QB Comparison
Harrington 11 for 18 (61%) 149 yards (long of 28) 0 TD 1 INT sacked once
Vick 3 for 9 (33%) 34 yards (long of 17) 1 TD 0 INT not sacked

RB Comparison
K. Jones 15 carries for 70 yards (long of 35) 4.6 avg 1 broken tackle
take away his long run of 35 and his avg was 2.5
C. Schlesinger 4 carries for 15 yards (long of 8) 3.7 avg 4 broken tackles

W. Dunn 17 carries for 157 yards (long of 81) 9.2 avg 2 broken tackles
take away the long run and Dunn had 16 carries for 76 yards with a 4.75 avg
Vick 5 carries for 11 yards (long of 11)

Receiver Comparisons
C Rodgers 3 rec for 49 yds (long of 23)
M Pollard 3 rec for 57 yards (long of 28) 1 drop
R Williams 2 rec for 1 (yes ONE) yard (long of 2)
Schlesinger 2 rec for 17 yds (long of 11)
M Williams 1 rec for 25 yds

D White 2 rec for 17 yards (long of 9)
W Dunn 1 rec for 17 yds

Tackle Leaders
Kennedy/Holmes/lehman tied with 4
Webster and carpenter tied with 5

INTs
Mathis 1
Lions none

Sacks
Lions none
Brooking 1

Deflected Passes
F. Bryant 1
T. Holt 1

D. Hall 2
P. Kerney 1

Guys, I know none of this stuff is scientific and every game is different, but, I like what I'm seeing and so far, I have not seen any team or player do anything that seemed out of character.

I'll stay on this track and try a complete game next. Maybe I'll finish this one.

Please share what your doing on Pro so we can all benefit.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #21
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timathie
Your sliders on the pro level work real well Playmaker. Thanks for the work. I play on pro and find it just fine.

Tim
Are you using Playmakers "Hybrid" sliders on Pro? If so, please post some stats. I'd love to know how they work out. Maybe, I'll try them too after I'm done working on my little project.

Could you test the Lions v. Falcons or Lions v. Ravens?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #22
MVP

slthree's Arena

Started a game v. the Chargers. My 1st drive went 12 plays 81 yards. Result, FG. Chargers march 70 plus yards on a bunch of plays themselves, mostly LT shredding the Lions D. 2 great PA passes, both to a wide open Gates as my LB's are tackling LT even without the ball. Good stuff! LT is making use of the 'back juke', you know, the stop and go move. Well, I've seen it 3 times and its devastating. That's 3 times in the first drive. I only saw Lewis use it once or twice in an entire half. I love the different running styles.

Anyway, Bolts beautiful drive ends up with a pick in the end zone. After running man 2 deep on almost every play, Brees thought he could sneak a curl pattern. Great thought process. I have to applaud the AI for adjusting. But, on a hunch I ran a zone and since they were in the Red Zone there was no space for him to drop it in, thus the pick.

Their 2nd drive was more of the same. LT left, right, and center, then, PA to Gates. It's early but I love it. My wife is demanding my bigscreen. She doesn't want to cook to the Lions/Chargers game. Can you believe that?

I'll post stats when I've completed the half.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Call me crazy but after jumping up and down for 1 game each on all 3 Level's Pro, All-Pro and All-Madden.....

I'm convinced that the best players ratings are here on All-Pro. The problem is I'm burnt out on Sliders so I won't creat anymore. I'm sticking with All-Pro and the ones I just finished up with that reduces the Human AWR. THey are very close to realistic give or take 1-2 clicks somwhere.

But you guy's using All-Pro if you work at it can eventually get the best gameplay possible on either level. The only reason why the other Levels seem better is because of the crap that EA pulls under the table. They don't really make one Level harder or more intelligent than the other they just tweak the AI in reverse order as the Level's change.

But you won't get many guy's willing to play witha lower AWR because they think it hinders their team when in reality that Slider is just a percentage calculted upon how fast you team reacts to plays. To get the best reaction time you have to go lower or else they will be PHYSHIC on the field. Teams with higher awareness defensive players will still be productive it's the AWR Slider that just increases or decreases their reaction time to a play.

GOOD LUCK ON THESE SLIDERS!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:14 PM   #24
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Call me crazy but after jumping up and down for 1 game each on all 3 Level's Pro, All-Pro and All-Madden.....

I'm convinced that the best players ratings are here on All-Pro. The problem is I'm burnt out on Sliders so I won't creat anymore. I'm sticking with All-Pro and the ones I just finished up with that reduces the Human AWR. THey are very close to realistic give or take 1-2 clicks somwhere.

But you guy's using All-Pro if you work at it can eventually get the best gameplay possible on either level. The only reason why the other Levels seem better is because of the crap that EA pulls under the table. They don't really make one Level harder or more intelligent than the other they just tweak the AI in reverse order as the Level's change.

But you won't get many guy's willing to play witha lower AWR because they think it hinders their team when in reality that Slider is just a percentage calculted upon how fast you team reacts to plays. To get the best reaction time you have to go lower or else they will be PHYSHIC on the field. Teams with higher awareness defensive players will still be productive it's the AWR Slider that just increases or decreases their reaction time to a play.

GOOD LUCK ON THESE SLIDERS!
Playmaker, don't leave us so soon. There has to be some reserve left in your slider tank. I know you must be exhausted because I use your NCAA sliders and tried your Madden All-Pro sliders and its clear how much work you have put into them. (By the way, nothing touches your NCAA sliders. I love them). Right now though, I can't put Madden down.

As I said before, I may very well go back to All Pro and your sliders. But I tried those for 5-10 games and could not get the feel. I think All Pro seems a little 'manic'. Sometimes I get the impression that inferior players make plays they should not.

I'm going to try to stay with Pro for now and really hope you give it another shot.

I like that the Ravens and Falcons both ran all over me (Lions) and yet, doing it with two distinct styles. I like that the running teams stay with the run which makes their PA so much more effective. Perhaps, you're seeing all this on All-Pro, but don't you sometimes question the abilities of lower tier players to make pro bowl caliber plays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »