Home

All - pro sliders for experienced players

This is a discussion on All - pro sliders for experienced players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
All - pro sliders for experienced players

Here are my sliders for what seems to me to be the most satisfying experience playing this game. Before you read on, take into account that EA has jacked up the defense and slowed down the running backs to some degree after the 2004 edition, witch was offense - heavy compared to the last to editions. While trying to balance out the experience, they did screw some things up, IMO. Anyway, here we go...

All - Pro, 7 or 8 minute quarters...
Auto strafe ON, Auto pass OFF...
Catch and def pass assists ON...

OFFENSE
QB acc - 10/10
Pass Blocking - 10/10
WR catching - 10/10
RB ability - 13/13 - (running backs seem too sluggish and get caught from
behind by slower players when set to default)
Run blocking - 10/10

DEFENSE
Awareness - 10/10
Knockdowns - 6/6 - (Defenders don't jetpack into the stratosphere... their momentum carries them foward while they jump and reach to a realistic height)
INT - 6/6 - (DB's are DB's for a reason... they don't have hands good enough to be WR's)
Break BLK - 6/6
Tackling - 0/0 (DL's and LB's still lay pretty good wood, while DB's either drag down ball carriers or slow them down and wait for help. The only time a defensive back lays a solid form tackle is when he is squared - up and ready. The size and momentum of the ballcarrier vs. the angle and readiness of the defender plays a big part in who gets most of the punishment... this is what the running game in 2k5 did splendidly. Just like in the real world - a big back in the secondary is like a bull in a china shop.

As far as special teams go, I still have more twaeking to do. I'll post those later...
The main thing that seems to stand out to me is that in order to jack up the D, EA turned up the break block and made tackling way too easy. Smaller players aren't supposed to lay out ballcarriers from rediculous angles. It just dosen't happen that way. Plus, offensive lineman are the best blockers on the field - they get paid to block for Christ sakes - too muck break block makes em look like pretty boy RB's who hate to max protect. Just lowering the Defensive sliders a bit makes a world of difference. Awareness on default feels just right - you don't wanna get burned too much. Good D comes from good playcalling and and good positioning - Not artificially turning it up. Anyway, give these a try in practice mode - tell me what you think. If you think it needs some more fine tuning, I'm all ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »