Home

Anyone having problems with punt returns on All -Madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone having problems with punt returns on All -Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 AM   #1
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Anyone having problems with punt returns on All -Madden?

i'm playing with football forevers all-madden sliders,(which i think are great), but it seems i can return the football on returns there is like no blocking and the cpu comes down pretty quick on you,( i'm playing with the jets and their special teams are rated 88) does anybody have a solution to this? or did ea sports leave the speed cheat again........i'm also seeing a lot of comebacks it's making me a little frustrated, cuz i'm getting that feeling the "comeback a.i." is back.................let me know your thoughts..........sjj2xs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Anyone having problems with punt returns on All -Madden?

Someone said that they had success by calling a punt block man then audibling y then x when the cpu adjust to your block formation. Also some say that the punt length for the cpu needs to up about 4-6 notches.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Someone said that they had success by calling a punt block man then audibling y then x when the cpu adjust to your block formation. Also some say that the punt length for the cpu needs to up about 4-6 notches.
i'll try it, but there will be no blocking if i punt block, plus i'm using the ps2..........thanks for the input.....
Old 08-25-2005, 02:43 AM   #4
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

is anybody getting results on punt returns on all-madden using the ps2?, this is driving me crazy, cuz the cpu defense does not allow me to even try to run a punt, they are on me like white on rice, i have to fair catch almost everytime they punt. is there a speed cheat on all-madden?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I've tried increasing the Punt length by 5 notches and I have not noticed any difference. the CPU still gets there everytime causing me to call a fair catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
is anybody getting results on punt returns on all-madden using the ps2?, this is driving me crazy, cuz the cpu defense does not allow me to even try to run a punt, they are on me like white on rice, i have to fair catch almost everytime they punt. is there a speed cheat on all-madden?
Unfortunately, this aspect of the game is broken.

There were numerous threads on this, but ultimately I have no idea how this got by testing.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Banned

Samantha's Arena

Okay, I can return punts. I haven't broken one for 30-40 yards yet.....but so far I'm averaging about 7-11 yards per return. I run a simple punt return middle, and I control one of the guys who will be running back to block. I take him the whole way down and even get him turned around to face the gunners. Once the ball is fielded, it automatically switches me to the returner, now I have a blocker facing the gunners who will block.....the key is to turn him around. I seem to get some results if the cpu punts to the sideline, for whatever reason, my blockers do a better job on those punts. I do have the cpu punt slider set at 13, and accuracy at 5. I've seen an average of about 45 yards per punt. Try this, I think you can return punts, I just don't know if you can bust the big one or not.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
Okay, I can return punts. I haven't broken one for 30-40 yards yet.....but so far I'm averaging about 7-11 yards per return. I run a simple punt return middle, and I control one of the guys who will be running back to block. I take him the whole way down and even get him turned around to face the gunners. Once the ball is fielded, it automatically switches me to the returner, now I have a blocker facing the gunners who will block.....the key is to turn him around. I seem to get some results if the cpu punts to the sideline, for whatever reason, my blockers do a better job on those punts. I do have the cpu punt slider set at 13, and accuracy at 5. I've seen an average of about 45 yards per punt. Try this, I think you can return punts, I just don't know if you can bust the big one or not.
at this point i'll take anything the 7-11 yds is fine with me...cuz this fair catching everytime is driving me crazy........so i appreciate the help i'll let you know how it turns out...................sjj2xs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »